• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

GAP Rilfles @ Cabelas

D̷e̷v̷i̷l̷D̷o̷c̷A̷Z̷

Banned x2 🤪
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2014
Yuma, AZ
Every time I'm at Cabelas I take a stroll through the "Gun Library" where they have the high end or consignment firearms. Last few times I've noticed 1 or 2 GAP Rifles and thought "dang some poor widow must have lost a lot of money sellling that to Cabelas"

Well I was looking at the new catalog and turns out Cabelas is selling new GAP Rifles out of the catalog.

I think it's super cool that GAP is able to do this. If you were looking for a GAP and didn't want to wait this might be the perfect solution.

IMG_9559.JPG

IMG_9560.JPG

True but it's a custom rifle by one of the best builders. It's not going to be cheap.

I appreciate craftsmanship, and there will always be a place in the market for smith’s like GAP. I wonder though if all the new semi-custom DIY rigs are going to put a hurting on the traditional smithing business. Probably not as their wait times I’m sure are still lengthy.

I appreciate craftsmanship, and there will always be a place in the market for smith’s like GAP. I wonder though if all the new semi-custom DIY rigs are going to put a hurting on the traditional smithing business. Probably not as their wait times I’m sure are still lengthy.

Someone still has to turn all those prefits.

The one in Cristiana Delaware always has a Templar in stock it seems they say they sold one before. I fondled it for a bit and tricked my pop into that's what I was there to pick up. I'm a grown ass man and he instantly told me I wasn't doing it lol

Cabelas also has these on sale:

https://www.cabelas.com/product/PROOF-RESEARCH-SWITCHBLOCK/2671428.uts?slotId=0

Proof Research Switch rifles for $3499 ($500 off MSRP). Seems a pretty decent value if you look at the components:

Proof barrel threaded
Savage barrel nut switch barrel setup
Bighorn TL3 with 20 MOA pic rail
Stocky's VG2 carbon stock
Triggertech trigger
Polymer mag
Pillar bedded
1/2 MOA guarantee
20 in .308 and 24 in 6.5 creedmoor both in stock

Last edited:
I was surprised the last time I went into Cabelas and saw the Templar with the Manners stock. What struck me as odd is the TBAC CB brake on it. Really pigeonholes the buyers into only precision rifle guys who also shoot TBAC suppressors using the CB mount. They also had a Sako TRG22 and a Barrett MRAD there too, which was pretty cool to see.