Geissele 6 ARC in service with SOCCOM, some hands on comments.

Ok, I'll throw this in to bring the simmer back up to a boil. Are not the 6 ARC and 6 Max identical ballistic-wise? I know there's much discussion prior just in this thread about the strength of the Grendel bolt but the 6 MAX just makes more sense to me with the common bolt. It seems to be the cartridge equivalent to Betamax vs. VHS, hd dvd vs. blu-ray, etc.

I don't have the knowledge nor the inclination to know all about the performance of small arms where my stolen taxes are being sent in eastern Europe. To an old cold war REMF, it looks a lot like WWI with drones and .338 Lapua snipers. It would seem like not a whole lot for Russians to spin up AKs in 6.5 Grendel if they're not happy. Does anyone know if that's been done?

They are pretty similar if you are shooting bullets under 90 grains. Otherwise the MAX started to lose case capacity with the heavier, longer, more aerodynamic bullets.

Personally I’d love to see a 75k psi 25 arc or similar to launch a 75 vmax very fast. Maybe Hornady could develop a 90 ELD VT and 120gr ATIP too