GOLD

So.....because I have gold and silver, does that mean i'm gonna be accused of money laundering? Be nice to have a little more facts of the case to establish the probable cause on the charges statement. Right now it just looks like they were arrested and charged because they had a bunch of gold on 'em. Not saying that they're good people, or honest, or should be left alone, but i'm thinking that was the only form of currency that they were able to smuggle OUT of china to move their wealth here to the US. From what I understand, the chinese government doesn't let their nationals move money out of the US without their approval.
Agree.
What did the dog trigger on? Gold in plastic cases?
Civil asset forfeiture, pure and simple.

They were charged, so they must have SOME evidence on them as to where it came from. At the very least isn't it something like anything over $20K you bring in to the country it has to be declared? If you don't does that fall under money laundering statutes? It could be as simple as that if their bars are marked and serialized, and they can tell their origin, whether they were declared or not (if they're of foreign origin).

As an aside my buddy is a numismatist, and banks treat that worse than pot dispensaries. It's considered high risk and high degree of criminality right now. No government likes the trading of physical, precious metals, because they can't control it. It isn't illegal, but they make it very hard.

What I want to know was the circumstances of the cop thinking something was suspicious, AND how does a dog smell gold? I'm going to have to call bullshit on that. This doesn't smell like a legit search and seizure to me.

If I were a betting man, and these two can somehow afford good representation, this is likely thrown out on 4th Amendment grounds.

They were charged, so they must have SOME evidence on them as to where it came from. At the very least isn't it something like anything over $20K you bring in to the country it has to be declared? If you don't does that fall under money laundering statutes? It could be as simple as that if their bars are marked and serialized, and they can tell their origin, whether they were declared or not (if they're of foreign origin).

As an aside my buddy is a numismatist, and banks treat that worse than pot dispensaries. It's considered high risk and high degree of criminality right now. No government likes the trading of physical, precious metals, because they can't control it. It isn't illegal, but they make it very hard.

What I want to know was the circumstances of the cop thinking something was suspicious, AND how does a dog smell gold? I'm going to have to call bullshit on that. This doesn't smell like a legit search and seizure to me.

If I were a betting man, and these two can somehow afford good representation, this is likely thrown out on 4th Amendment grounds.
I don't think they have any evidence of anything besides the fact they entered the country illegally, and thus, likely failed to declare their gold holdings. Typically they pay a fine for not declaring the gold. Any cash over $10K, or gold worth more than $10K must be declared on the customs form.

What did the dog hit on? Possibly didn't, there's been many cases of dogs indicating on cars, the car is searched and nothing is ever found. Been hearing about dogs indicating on command, giving cops free "legal authority" to conduct a illegal search. Dogs don't smell gold, gold doesn't have an odor. I think it's all bullshit, and the cops found $250K of gold that they wanted to keep so they drummed up some bullshit charges to justify the seizure, then they tie up the suspects finances so they don't have the funds for a viable defense. The 'suspects' have to prove that they obtained the gold lawfully, and then the gold will be returned to them. They don't speak English, they are being held on $100K bond in a country they likely don't have any support system in, with no money, they're hosed, and that's what the cops want. They want the money for themselves so they can oppress us harder. I wish them luck with their public defender that has 40 cases a day to defend, that doesn't speak the language. They're going to lose their gold, and likely be deported back to China where odds are they'll be executed, or imprisoned for taking their money out and trying to flee to the US.

Your local greedy corrupt Uniform Hangers at work.

Sure you may hate the Chinese but these tactics WILL be used against you.
They already are.
Folks, type in civil asset forfeiture into the web.
Then go watch some videos. They aren't trying to curb law breakers, fuck no, it's a very complete, efficient scam to raise money for themselves.
Everyone of them are the worst of crooks.
Where's robin hood

I'm a very reasonable guy...

Illegal presence on American soil, in and of itself, needs to be made a felony with mandatory forced deportation to the southern tip of South America. Lifetime ban on ever lawfully migrating to America.

Visa overstay by 24 hrs = Illegal Presence.

Cross any U.S. border without formal documented permission= Illegal Presence.

Unlawfully stay in America for one minute to 200 years = Illegal Presence.

Furthermore, anyone attempting to illegally cross onto American soil should immediately be shot, fragged, exploded, knifed, cleaved, bludgeoned, or incinerated- by any native born American Citizen.

Finally, Citizenship only applies from here on out to babies born on U.S. soil to a married couple who are not blood related genetic Male & genetic Female and who are already American Citizens. NO ANCHOR BABIES!

Illegal presence on American soil, in and of itself, needs to be made a felony with mandatory forced deportation to the southern tip of South America. Lifetime ban on ever lawfully migrating to America.

Furthermore, anyone attempting to illegally cross onto American soil should immediately be shot, fragged, exploded, knifed, cleaved, bludgeoned, or incinerated- by any native born American Citizen.

Finally, Citizenship only applies from here on out to babies born on U.S. soil to a married couple who are not blood related genetic Male & genetic Female and who are already American Citizens. NO ANCHOR BABIES!
Last part needs some caveits, like US citizens that have children overseas for various reasons like being in the military stationed overseas, or just US citizens working overseas....but I smell what you're cookin'.

Just a friendly PSA:
If YOU don't hold it, you don't really own it!

Amen.

I don’t have any investments with Oxford (all my paper gold and silver is with Sprott), but this clickbait-ridden article indicates Oxford is skipping out on actually funding gold deposits. I’ve literally heard nothing about this anywhere else.

With the huge number of ‘conservative’ pundits shilling for Oxford on the radio, including Donald Trump Jr., I’d think this would be front-page news everywhere, if for no other reason just to embarrass and ridicule those spokesmen.

Not saying it's not happening, maybe the house of cards is finally imploding, but I find this hard to believe…or at least misleading.

• Wow
Reactions: IronSkillet

You mean like most other countries in the world Mexico being one, only the US afaik allows illegals to flood the shores with zero consequences, maybe Canada. Try being in Mexico illegally ie; without a passport stamped at the border or customs. Straight to jail not like the US where you get welcomed and given a phone, debit cards on the taxpayers dime and I'm sure much much more...........

Reactions: Milf Dots