• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Good way to sell primers or drive away business?

rady

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 16, 2020
Had to stay over night in Cape Girardeau, Missouri, and to kill some time I stopped by a LGS. Saw primers on the shelf so I asked for the LRM's. Turns out that they would only sell primers if you bought an equal amount of ammo...........This was a first for me............WTF? Dumbest thing I've heard of yet.

It's their business so they can do what they want, but has anyone else run across this? Needless to say that I walked out.

im-retarded-gif-13.gif

I'd have laughed in his face then walked out

I know of places requiring you to buy shotgun wads in order to buy powder or primers for shot shells. I could see selling primers only with the purchase of brass, bullets or powder but ammo? That seems fucking stupid but it will probably work out alright for the store in today's market.

Reactions: rady
How are brick and mortars so disconnected with consumers. Not all but most. I have a local store that doesn’t seem to track today’s prices. Internet literacy is the factor in his case.

What if your black powder rifle takes shotgun primers? Forcing people to buy wads is stupid. Same with forcing to buy ammo to get primers.

Then don't buy from that place, really seems like a simple problem to solve... Some of the smaller shops that can't get new inventory to sell need to unload some of their other inventory in order to keep the doors open. It is also done to prevent hording and reselling of particular products.

I have one place that I can still buy popular powders from and they occasionally get primers in. They require that you bought a certain amount of powder from them in the past two months to be able to buy any primers. Awesome mom and pop shop and I'm happy to support them. I don't need powder but if that's what I need to do, then so be it.

If that was the only gun store in town or the only one that carried loading supplies I can understand their game.
I would have asked what their rational was to do what they are doing. Would have been interesting to hear, if they would tell you.

Were the prices decent or rona prices? With ammo and primers flying off shelves these days I am surprised they would go this route. Unless this is in the super boonies and there's a lack of clientele?
Oh and 5000 22rf gets you 5000 primers?

My super boonie stash is now public domain, and he is as empty as anyone else.

Never share your stash.

I remember one time when I was on active duty in Spain. I knew of a pizza place that was full of hot Russian stewardesses and owned by a Russian family.

Took a buddy there, then he invited another 20 dudes and all the chicks were gone.

My super boonie stash is now public domain, and he is as empty as anyone else.

Never share your stash.

I remember one time when I was on active duty in Spain. I knew of a pizza place that was full of hot Russian stewardesses and owned by a Russian family.

Took a buddy there, then he invited another 20 dudes and all the chicks were gone.
And working for Russian Intel

Reactions: Ravenworks
Then don't buy from that place, really seems like a simple problem to solve... Some of the smaller shops that can't get new inventory to sell need to unload some of their other inventory in order to keep the doors open. It is also done to prevent hording and reselling of particular products.

I have one place that I can still buy popular powders from and they occasionally get primers in. They require that you bought a certain amount of powder from them in the past two months to be able to buy any primers. Awesome mom and pop shop and I'm happy to support them. I don't need powder but if that's what I need to do, then so be it.
I can kinda see the powder and primers route. That would make more sense.
Were the prices decent or rona prices? With ammo and primers flying off shelves these days I am surprised they would go this route. Unless this is in the super boonies and there's a lack of clientele?
Oh and 5000 22rf gets you 5000 primers?
The prices were high. I should have asked for one bullet and one primer, but I took the easy way out, didn't say a thing as I looked at him, then walked out.

The prices were high. I should have asked for one bullet and one primer, but I took the easy way out, didn't say a thing as I looked at him, then walked out.
Nah, you did the right thing: easy, calm and rational. Under the circumstances, it's nothing worth being upset about.