• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Got my progressive BUT what dies

Re: Got my progressive BUT what dies

I run the Lee factory crimp die for all my pistol loading. Love it. The only other Lee die is an undersize sizer die for loading .40 cal.

The Lees should work fine for ya. Most would agree with me that there are better dies out there. For 45, I really like my Dillon dies, especially the sizer die, which is radiused to allow the case to enter easier. When I switched to it from RCBS, it probably sped up my 45 reloading by 25%.

If you have any issues, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell number. I've loaded many thousands of 45 rounds on my LNL.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: avidflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just picked up my LNL but didnt get any dies. I have a new 4 die set of lee 45acp. Anyone using Lee in there LNL? What about the lee FCD? Any input would be helpful. </div></div>

I'm loading 45acp now.

I'm using a mix of RCBS and Lee. RCBS sizer die, Dillon 550b powder funnel/mouth beller, Lee seater (like the Lee stem better than the RCBS) and finally, the RCBS seater with seating stem removed for my crimp die, to gently nudge the case mouth back against the bullets.

I don't really crimp my pistol rounds, like I do my revolver and/or rifle rounds for my gas guns, when I see fit.

Chris

I like the Hornady dies , have them in 45acp and 475 Linebaugh for my LnL.

All my other die sets are Redding, great dies also. Definitely clean the dies as suggested in the LnL video, and especially clean your powder dispenser. Love the press, high speed compared to my Rock chucker don't know how I ever got by without a progressive.

I run in 45ACP Hornady Series 2 with a LEE FCD to finish it off. However in Rifle Dies I use Redding. In 223Rem my Hornady dies just were too tight for LC brass. Redding FL sizer is just right. In 308 again Redding with the Micrometer Seating die and FL and a NK sizer dies. Pretty much I run Redding for rifle (30-06 and 30/30 are also Redding)