• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Green Hornet

Re: Green Hornet

Looks like that will be my 4th Tac Ops rifle
wink.gif

Jamie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: medic103</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm calling tonight for my Green Hornet cheek pad! </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beck.jamie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like that will be my 4th Tac Ops rifle
wink.gif

Jamie </div></div>
You guys are killing me. I would love to own my own suppressed guns but I'm not willing to move out of California to do it.

BTW, Jamie: <span style="font-style: italic">"Greed is good. Greed is right." Greed works."</span> - <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">Michael Douglas</span> as "Gordon Gekko" in "Wallstreet" (1987)</span>

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNIPERS4DUMMIES</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't find specs or an estimated build cost on this one anywhere, any ideas?
</div></div>I do not believe Tac Ops builds these anymore.

Edit: I guess he does still make them, they are just custom orders and not a listed model on his site.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CrazyDonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNIPERS4DUMMIES</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't find specs or an estimated build cost on this one anywhere, any ideas?
</div></div>I do not believe Tac Ops builds these anymore. </div></div>

He still builds them. They're done in groups, as agencies order them. He'll put a couple over for civie purchase. Call mike if you want a price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CrazyDonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNIPERS4DUMMIES</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't find specs or an estimated build cost on this one anywhere, any ideas?
</div></div>I do not believe Tac Ops builds these anymore. </div></div>

Tac Ops stills builds these rifles. These rifles are based on Ruger 77 22. I know I talked to Mike R; he told me which rifle to purchase and then send to him for the build. As soon as I get the rifle from Buds I will be sending it and a check (I don't know how much yet) to Tac Ops.

Jamie

Cool, i just remeber looking at these a couple years ago and the word was he didn't make em anymore.

Maybe i'll put in an order for one when i come back stateside in a few years.

</div></div>I do not believe Tac Ops builds these anymore.

Edit: I guess he does still make them, they are just custom orders and not a listed model on his site. </div></div>
No "guessing" necessary - Tac Ops still builds them, and wherever you heard or read <span style="font-style: italic">"a couple years ago"</span> that Tac Ops stopped making the Green Hornet obviously doesn't know they're talking about with regard to Tac Ops. The Green Hornet has never been out of production. If you truly want information then you should call Mike Rescigno at Tac Ops at (310) 275-8797. If he doesn't answer, leave a message with your name, telephone number, and the reason you called and Mike will return your call when he can. Simple as that.

The Tac Ops web site needs a major overhaul, and Mike Rescigno knows it. I told him so a long ago, but he has always been focused on building rifles and accessories and quality control. I can't argue with that, as his rifles, suppressors, and other equipment always deliver and I would rather things stay that. Still, I understand that he has someone working on the web site.

It should also be realized that 90+% of Tac Ops business is agency or unit-related, and the department and unit leaders don't surf the Tac Ops web site for info. They know about Tac Ops rifles through word of mouth from operators in the field. A lot of Tac Ops coolest equipment isn't mentioned on the web site, but it is known about and used by a lot of agencies and teams.

I can answer a lot of questions about Tac Ops, but if I don't know the answer I can usually speak with Mike and get back to you. Knowing and having shot with him affords me access to the man that most others don't have the priviledge of. PM me if you have questions and I'll do what I can to answer them.

By the way, the photos I posted above are of a newly-built internally-suppressed Green Hornet. I shot those photos at Mike Rescigno's request at the end of September 2010 prior to the rifle being shipped to the client's dealer. Below are two more of the same rifle.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Internally-suppressed .22LR Tac Ops Green Hornet:</span></span>
GreenHornetISRS8x6.jpg

GreenHornetISProneODNet28x6.jpg

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: .308Shadow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can that use the 10/22 25 round mags?
Looks like a blast! </div></div>
You mean like the Butler Creeks? I've never test-fitted or fired one in a Green Hornet, but as long as they are a "direct replacement" for the factory Ruger 10-round rotary mag it should work.

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He still builds them. They're done in groups, as agencies order them. He'll put a couple over for civie purchase. Call mike if you want a price.</div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Medic</span> is correct I still make them
smile.gif
They are alot of work and I usually make an over run of ONE per Month for the Civ. Market. I do offer a custom serial number on the Suppressor if one desires that
wink.gif

As far as Price goes it's always best to send in a StarBucks card with your deposit that helps a little or sometimes alot LOL

<span style="font-weight: bold">Mike
Tac Ops</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Black Ops</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He still builds them. They're done in groups, as agencies order them. He'll put a couple over for civie purchase. Call mike if you want a price.</div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Medic</span> is correct I still make them
smile.gif
They are alot of work and I usually make an over run of ONE per Month for the Civ. Market. I do offer a custom serial number on the Suppressor if one desires that
wink.gif

As far as Price goes it's always best to send in a StarBucks card with your deposit that helps a little or sometimes alot LOL

<span style="font-weight: bold">Mike
Tac Ops</span>
</div></div>

Does a cheesecake dinner get me a Green Hornet cheek pad? Jk!