GS 309 grain .338 SP bullets

Chandalar

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2009
North Pole Alaska
GSC Bullets has a 309 grain .338 SP bullet posted on their web site. It has a listed G1 BC of 1.216. Can any one confirm this BC? It also shows a twist rate of 1:8 or faster. Has anyone ever shot any of these bullets from a 338 Snipetac, Allen Mag, Baer, ect? Also If I'm looking at the purchase page correctly, from the US distributor, the price to my door is $380.00 USD for 25 bullets.

Re: GS 309 grain .338 SP bullets

You won't find a lot of GS support on here, he tends to be argumentative, especially when it comes to numbers and delivery. Also I think you have to go to the US site for the correct price that number is rands or something when you use that page you are looking at.

Generally his stuff is not worth the effort, at least that is my experience, yours may vary, but I suspect not by much.

Lowlight;

Thanks for the help on the GS pricing. I'm curious to see how your test results come out with the 295 grain SP bullets that you are planning on shooting in March, if they are still being considered.

Gentlemen

Here is the link to the GSC SP bullets IN USD:

http://www.gsgroup.co.za/orderspusa.html

The price is $53 + shipping ($15.21 or $3.33) for 25 pcs.

if you have the right twist 1:8 you shold not have any problems with these bullets.

I shoot the 355 SP from my 375 Snipetac at 3200 fps and have outstanding accuracy.

Give them a try if you have the right twist.

Cheers,

Master Diver

309 gr 338 projo with a BC of 1.2 hmmmm. That's quite an accomplishment. In my opinion it is just unsubstantiated hype. My opinion has been formed after firing a bunch of mono-metal solids of various weights and forms. There are no magic bullets. Also I was going to test a few of the GSC 375 414s. They were going to cost around 6 Dollars each delivered with a wait time of 9 to 12 weeks.