Gunsite XLR class

CoryT

Gunsite Rangemaster
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 5, 2004
    Paulden, AZ
    www.gunsite.com
    Just an FYI, there are still a few spots open in the XLR class at Gunsite, April 20-22. We've got targets out to 2000 meters. If you attend the optional night shoot, we'll have the Ashbury ASW338 setup with a PVS-26 and some laser illum that you can get behind for a few shots. Feel free to call with any questions.

928-636-4565

Re: Gunsite XLR class

Tempting.....but with flight, car, and lodging, a big financial commitment.
    Any SH 'good guy' discount?
    grin.gif

What hasn't? Of course, as of this moment I have 4 repeat clients in the class, so I guess they think it was worth it. Tuition is only equal to 10 boxes of .338 Lapua. True, it's not cheap, but I don't set the price and I don't have to pay the bills for a 2000+ acre shooting facility. If we could do it for less, we would.

CT

Im an Gunsite graduate (1995) and would love to shoot with you again. After many years of not shooting in Arizona I want to find time and shoot there, I had a lot of fun and it was very interesting.
    I need a change of environment and some new views on the subject.. I weant to learn any new tricks.
    The XLR is my course but I need some more information as due to my military commitments I have to plan WAY IN ADVANCE, can you help me?
    Thanks
    Eduardo

Eduardo, tell what we need to do to help you out. We normally plan next years schedule around July-August, if you need a specific date for next year, let me know.

If we need to setup another class this year, we can do that as well. As long as we can get 3 or 4 people to commit, we'll do a class. Max size for this class is 12 (one reason for the price).

We'll have a review of marksmanship fundementals, with emphasis on techniques for heavy rifles. We'll cover the following in detail.

Ballistics: Internal, External and Terminal
    Terminal ballistics – ammo selection
    External ballistics trajectory theory
    MET effects
    ENV effects
    Projectile characteristics effects
    Wind effects
    Wind values

Rangfinding at extreme range is an optional lecture

Computer software configuration will also be covered in some detail.

Firing sessions will get actual chronographed velocities, precision scope and reticle calibrations, then known and unknown distance shooting out to 2000 meters. An optional night session will display night visions systems.

That's pretty much the POI in a nutshell.