Harris Bipods - Swivel or Non-Swivel

Re: Harris Bipods - Swivel or Non-Swivel

Swivel with notched legs is my preference, as said, off bench, prone, off barricades, car doors, whatever!!!

Since I've had the above, I get frustraded quickly with the limitations of my bipods that haven't been upgraded to such yet.

Anyone that prefers swivel with friction lock or non swivel with friction lock-PM me and I'll swap you for your swivel/notch in a heartbeat!

Are you shooting BR comps? Or just shooting off a bench?

If it's the former you don't want a bipod, you want a tripod. If it's the latter, get the swivel.

I agree with Sobrbiker,
If anyone wants to swap out a BRM-S 6-9"(notched leg) for a BR-s 6-9" or a BR-S 9-12"(smooth legs) just PM me, I have several of those sitting on a shelf. Every bipod I own has either been swapped to a BRM-S or an Atlas.

madd0c

The BRM-S model (shortest of the bunch) with notched legs and a pod lock attachment works very well for me, still interested in seeing how the Atlas works. The AI parker-hale bipod is nice for really rough ground shooting but just to much play for me to hold steady for groups.

Deinitely swivel with notched legs and pod-loc. Height is up to the user but I like to ground-hog it, so I use the BRM-S as well.

Atlas is damned good though and being able to forward load it is fantastic. Something pretty difficult to achieve with the harris.

Another vote for the 6-9 swivel with notched legs and a pod-lock. Even if most or all of your shooting is from a bench, it's still good to have the ability to level your rifle, as
I've seen at least as many benches that were not level as I have seen level ones.

I like the swivel & notched leg Harris. I have 6x9, 9x13 & whatever that tall model is. I like to use the big one when calling coyotes. I attatch it to my AR 15 & set back against a tree & wait. The others are used for prone work. I rarely shoot off of a bench.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Banjo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+ 1 Swivel with notched legs. </div></div>

Another vote for BRM-S.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Banjo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+ 1 Swivel with notched legs. </div></div>.
another vote for 6-9 swivel

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scottx88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Swivel and a Pod-Lock.</div></div>

The swivel is hard to use without the pod lock....it is a must have.