• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Hawke Sport Optics????

Re: Hawke Sport Optics????

I have Eclipse 30 IR SF on my rimfire and i've had it for a while on Tikka .308. Whilst not very spectacular IMO good value for money. New Sidewinder Tactical is supposed to have new better glass.
Depends if you are on a budget and don't need better optics it might be ok for you however if that is your primary rifle and you shoot a lot with it i'd rather buy Vortex Viper (new ones coming out this March i think).

Re: Hawke Sport Optics????

From all accounts on the Sidewinder Tacticals, they seem to have a decent set of reviews. I know they are considerably better than the original Sidewinders, so we will see.

I will be picking up a Tactical 4.5-14x42MM shortly. I will give it the same run in that I do on all my scopes, and I will be able to tell you for sure. It definately has all the features that you could ask for, and I really like the new reticle.

DK

p.s. - I would also recommend getting it from SWFA if you decide to go this route!! Chris' customer service is second to none!!