Help me buy a Rhodesian FAL

MK20

Major Member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 17, 2018
    The land of many waters
    I may have a chance to pick up a legit Rhodesian Para FAL. It is a sanitized SA receiver with RA markings on different parts of the gun. The receiver has been re sanitized and marked with Nyasaland (Malawi) property marks. It has baby poop camo on it that appears to be original.

Any suggestions on what an example like this in average condition should go for? I don't want to over pay. Oh, it is unfortunately a semi auto.

I would head over to the FALfiles forum and ask this question. You'll learn more about this rifle than you'd ever have expected to.

Reactions: Bakwa
    I would ask on the FN FAL Owners facebook group. Good group of guys on there and they actually helped me source a set of Rhodesian handguards to help me finish my build. A couple of the DSA guys are on there also who actually still maintain the FAL for countries still rocking them.

IMG_20191220_133009_683.jpg

Screenshot_20211022-113605_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20211022-113618_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20211022-113633_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20211022-113554_Brave.jpg

You can see in this last picture the round cut out in the receiver to sanitize the SA markings. It has at some time made its way to Malawi. Before I would buy it I would want to check for the other RA markings that should be there.

• Love
    Reactions: aam
    What is this mystical FAL and why is it so beloved?

And where is Rhodesia? It’s not on my map.
    Apparently it's some high-toned-and-fancy-to-do Belgian rifle or other. Probably some kinda SCAR knockoff, I bet it doesn't even come in 6.5CM.

I tried looking up Rhodesia but all I got was a call from Antifa saying I was a white supremacist or something like that (they were too hysteric to understand properly) and that they're coming to teach me why history is racist.