Hornady 25 Cal A-Tip

Covertnoob5

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 12, 2017
    SoCal
    Not sure if you guys are supposed to know but fuck it. I know the 25 cal stuff has seen itself grow in popularity the last year or so. I’ve been shooting 25 something since 2019 with the blackjacks. Still have about 700 myself.
    Now the 135’s are all the rage and no one is super sold on the 134’s. I didn’t have great results with 134’s compared to my 135’s in a 25x47. YMMV on that one.
    I guess the popularity is enough that a 25 cal 130ish grain projectile is being tested in the A Tip flavor.
    Only reason I’m brining this up is because I see people, myself included struggling to get 135’s as they’re always sold out. There’s hope on the way! Lol albeit expensive.
    With people abandoning their 25 cals for something with more bullet options like a Dasher/BR/6.5/6mm etc. you’d think it would be easier to find bullets but such is life. Anyway happy shooting y’all!

Been shooting the 134s this season and they shoot really good until you get a flyer. At least 2 or 3 a match and it's impact, impact, .7 high and .4 left wtf. Then the next one goes right back where it should. I've seen it on two different guns and funny enough on the same stage at 2 different matches at mkm. Lucky for me I haven't taken it that seriously this year but if I was id buy bergers.

Reactions: Covertnoob5
    IMG_0534.jpeg

Been shooting the 134s this season and they shoot really good until you get a flyer. At least 2 or 3 a match and it's impact, impact, .7 high and .4 left wtf. Then the next one goes right back where it should. I've seen it on two different guns and funny enough on the same stage at 2 different matches at mkm. Lucky for me I haven't taken it that seriously this year but if I was id buy bergers.
    Same. I’ll use 134’s to practice or a local I don’t give a shit about just to get trigger time. Berger is all that goes to a 2 day match.

Reactions: M4orturnate
    I think they made the jacket too thin on the 134. Had to buy the Hornady die and eldm seating stem and still had to lap it to keep it from denting the jackets.