• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Fieldcraft How do you keep dogs away in the field?

Re: How do you keep dogs away in the field?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWRC556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do you keep sentry dogs away before and search dogs when your leaving an area? </div></div>
why are youasking questions that could possibly compromise OPSEC?

Try pepper spray on your boots. They sniff enough of that and they won't want to find you. If they do smell it, they'll stay away but bark like crazy.

Some dogs are a little more dedicated than others too. It may not always work or you'll just piss him off more when he finds you.

I was allways curious. I figured getting out after an operation would be bad if they have dogs. I didnt know if you threw something down or what.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigBoss0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What "operations" will you be conducting that is warranting all these questions? Just curious..........</div></div>

toilet papering the neighbor girls house for homecoming!
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWRC556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do you keep sentry dogs away before and search dogs when your leaving an area? </div></div>
try theese; Stealth, poison, supressor

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Carry a live bunny. Release it when they get close.

Good luck</div></div>

LMAO

Easy run around in circles waving your arms and scream as loud as you can, you'll confuse the dogs and they'll wonder "what the hell is this idiot doing".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: harleymann02</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWRC556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do you keep sentry dogs away before and search dogs when your leaving an area? </div></div>

Easy run around in circles waving your arms and scream as loud as you can, you'll confuse the dogs and they'll wonder "what the hell is this idiot doing". </div></div>
LMAO!

i just carry a dozen or so of those "pocket dogs" with me, when the other dogs and trackers get close, i just let them all out and they annoy the hell out of everyone.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i just carry a dozen or so of those "pocket dogs" with me, when the other dogs and trackers get close, i just let them all out and they annoy the hell out of everyone.</div></div>

how do you like the pocket dogs.... I have the pocket monkeys

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tactical Support</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get yourself a skunk for a spotter and when you think the dogs are near tell the skunk SEND IT! LOL </div></div>

True Skunk Works (werks) secrets there. LMAO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWRC556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was allways curious.</div></div>

Oh, hell yes, tiger lily, I agree with you 1,000,000%. You are just as curious as all the fuck get out.

If someone has a serious answer to this, please PM me. I am LE in a rural area and just had a warrant callout where the perp had two especially nasty dogs (one a bull mastiff). The dogs did not turn into an issue and we got the guy after a short standoff. But some bad scenarios were definitely coming to mind.

Cheers, Sirhr

You need to go in the day before and scout out your inlet and exit. Then when the operation begins you take 3 bitches in heat with you and stake one in each of the 3 three directions you will not be using for a exit.

Of course if you are a responsible pet owner then you have spayed your bitches so you will need to get a bottle of bitch in heat and rub your girls down with that but dont get any on yourself or the plan may not work as expected.

Pocket full of cheap steaks. Place them strategerically, with enhanced spec ops strategery. You should know all of this by now, geez.

If a dog is standing his ground hair spray in the lungs will put them down but you have to be real close, may be behind a fence. Also powdered blood and powdered drugs mixed will mess them up, powdered CS sprinkled on the ground will really mess up there snot locker. MM

Fill a small plastic bottle that has an eye dropper (like a CLP bottle) with amonia and leave some droplets behind you as you exit the area. The dogs will not want to follow the trail of amonia.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Steven Dzupin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WW2 OSS Trick.

Powdered blood and Cocaine powder.

Numbs their sense of smell and puts them out of action for quite awhile. </div></div>

Around my neck of the woods, you can substitute Meth and get the benefit of keeping dogs and Meth-heads off your track. Probably would work with Zombies (blood powder, yum yum) as well. I'll do some beta-testing in the near future and post my results.

were you the guy who got bit by the dog in yer moss suit tryin to break into the rock museum?

shit on the ground every 10 feet so they will stop and eat it, gives you time to get back to your mom's awaiting mini van awaiting extraction from the movies

When you get into a position that has requirements for such information the job generally also comes with the opportunity to learn and practice these techniques.

Our platoon worked with the base K9's a couple times. Enough to respect the dogs, but also learn how to defeat them.

If you really think about it, it's not too difficult to figure it out.

I will also tell you that much of the above posts are total BS, but then again that comes from actually working with National Champion K9's and handlers.
wink.gif

Now before you get your panties in a wad, the reason I won't go into specifics is because the techniques to evade enemy dogs are exactly the same as those to evade a police K9 track.

LOL - man this is the best advice I ever heard.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jolly roger</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWRC556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do you keep sentry dogs away before and search dogs when your leaving an area? </div></div>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asxrMSVrJ08 </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Carry a live bunny. Release it when they get close.

Good luck </div></div>

This would actually work, but you have to train the bunny and teach him evasion skills. Some guys carry rabbits and train them to attack the dogs. Attack rabbits are vicious and will take down the biggest dogs. Release the rabbits and run like hell.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sandwarrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try pepper spray on your boots. They sniff enough of that and they won't want to find you. If they do smell it, they'll stay away but bark like crazy.

Some dogs are a little more dedicated than others too. It may not always work or you'll just piss him off more when he finds you. </div></div>

The old pepper spray on the boots trick does work. You can also use pepper spray on your underarms, crotch area, and anus - that covers up all your scent areas and the dogs will think you are invisible and not be able to locate you. Yep it should work. Give it a try and let us know the results.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jolly roger</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWRC556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do you keep sentry dogs away before and search dogs when your leaving an area? </div></div>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asxrMSVrJ08 </div></div>

+1 x 1MM
laugh.gif

Where I work our Tac guys kill mean dogs often. Bad guys turn them loose so what ya going to do. Its you or the dog. Dunno about you but I am going home at the end of the shift.

If its an issue you should talk to your department about it because in the end you got to answer to them. I dont think there is any magical item you can use to get rid of them.. well except OC spray. I had a rather nasty pitbull charge me and i sprayed it. He took off and didn't come back.

It's not the dog its the team so basically dog in itself is not a real threat (ground glass, different sensory overloads to slow down, concentrated lead delivered in high speed, drugs, fire ). Still the dog handlers are usually also trained trackers so if evading you will either have to be quick enough or (at some point) have to take out the team. However if you're allready running away you've botched something and it that case no scenario or internet voodoo magic will help much...