• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

how many yards without a 20 MOA base

Hatley

Private
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2011
Fort Worth TX
Since bases are not readily available for the CZ 452.

Is there enough adjustment with a Millet TRS1 4-16x50 or a Falcon 4-14x44 to shoot out to 200+ yards without a 20 moa base?

If anyone knows where to get a 20MOA base please tell as I would prefer the base.

Thanks,

Re: how many yards without a 20 MOA base

You shouldn't have any problem getting out to 200yds with either of those. You may find problems can start past 600yds. If you get a MIL-DOT reticle you can perform holdovers, and never have to dial elevation at all.... I had to do it this past week. I had forgotten to reset my turrets after zeroing. My elevation was on 11.75MOA, and windage was on 1.25MOA. Instead of having to keep redoing the math in my head, I just used holdovers.....

JM2C

Hugo

Edited to add: Didn't realize that this was posted in the rimfire section.....

Burris makes 20 MOA rings with plastic inserts. That was my solution to get to 300 yards with my Cooper TRP-1, as no 20 MOA base was available for it.

I had a chance to see a UTG airgun rail on a CZ yesterday and the mount looks pretty stout and seems functional. They are available in several different cants as I understand. I will try and let you know some results tomorrow.

Yeah I gotta agree with ya there. I ran a 20 for a while, but I am glad to have the 40 on there (from murphy precision). SWFA SS fixed 10 on there, so I have plenty of adjustment.

There is a 300 yard .22 LR only metal buffalo silhoutte league at my gun club that has been going for two years now. 20 MOA bases and or ring combs such as the Burris or others are common on the rifles that are shot at that distance. It also depends on just what scope you are running on top also. For that distance, you will have to use enough magnification that should have a decent amount of elevation in the scope itself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: calebintn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im builing a budget trainer out of a m69 romanian military trainer.
I was told a 10~22 base would fit the receiver so who makes a good 40 moa base for the 10~22 or one similar that may work for me? </div></div>

Don't know about a 40moa base but EGW& Rimfire Technologies makes a 20&25moa I believe

I guess my question would be... does yours shoot well? I've seen some M69(s) that could hit a golfball at 100 and others that couldn't hit a basketball.

with the neat little open sights it is extemely accurate that is why I decided to make a trainer out of it. I have bedded the stock and floated the barrel and polished the trigger and adjusted the trigger springs for a lighter pull.
Right now the gun is in pieces do to refinishing the stock with tru oil, I should have it back together this weekend and try the golf ball shoot and report back.
It will be a few weeks before my smith can make the 40moa base and mount it so I guess ill have to wait to see what she is really capable of

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pending</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since bases are not readily available for the CZ 452.

Is there enough adjustment with a Millet TRS1 4-16x50 or a Falcon 4-14x44 to shoot out to 200+ yards without a 20 moa base?

If anyone knows where to get a 20MOA base please tell as I would prefer the base.

Thanks, </div></div>

On MY CZ....

I have a 30mm Millet scope, 20 moa base and with Blazer ammo, dialing the scope to its max, I can reach roughly 350 yards without any holdover. This translates to about 49.1 iphy or 46.9 moa. Moving to 46.9 - 20 = 26.9 moa gives me about 260 yards without the rail.

Now if you were shooting a 10/22, the result would be much different due to the barrel droop in the rifle...

As far as finding the rail, contact Bob at DIP.
(509) 993-8112
[email protected]

J

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: calebintn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">with the neat little open sights it is extemely accurate that is why I decided to make a trainer out of it. I have bedded the stock and floated the barrel and polished the trigger and adjusted the trigger springs for a lighter pull.
Right now the gun is in pieces do to refinishing the stock with tru oil, I should have it back together this weekend and try the golf ball shoot and report back.
It will be a few weeks before my smith can make the 40moa base and mount it so I guess ill have to wait to see what she is really capable of </div></div>
Sounds like a fun opportunity to me!!! No idea why, but golf balls are fun...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SmithE-6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Barret makes a set of scoperings milled with moa. The front mount can piviot and the rear mount can dial up or down. Have not tried these out though.

http://www.barrett.net/optics/exrings </div></div>

WOW not at those prices the rings cost almost what the gun cost

Re: question about Burris offset rings

Get the extra set, that way you can still have a 25yd zero if you want, and all your scope has to offer.

I have a set on a Savage. 30's in the front and 10's in the rear. Still have windage left at 25 and get's past 200.

I'm about to change mine to a 100 yd zero with the inserts, and use the reticle for anything under.

Re: question about Burris offset rings ???????????

Gunfighter, I'm not too sure what you're saying. If I put the -30 in the bottom front and -10 in the bottom of the rear I come up with a slope of .020 I'm I right? I'd like to have the ability to still zero at 25yd. Once in a while my pistol club has a .22 rifle match @25yd

Re: question about Burris offset rings ???????????

Put the -30 in the bottom front and the + whatever in the bottom rear.
Example, -30 in the front bottom and +30 in the front top, then +30 in the rear bottom and -30 in the top, that will give you about 60 moa of slant. Watch how everything clamps down and you will be fine.