Rifle Scopes I Wittnessed what LaRue Said Cannot Be Done

427Cobra

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
  • Nov 24, 2005
    DFW Texas
    I just saw a Throw Lever Mount do what Mark LaRue said was impossible to do, ??? mounted his PR 5-25 in this new mount, zeroed the scope, removed it, reinstalled shot, removed reinstalled shot again, each time it was well with in 1 bullet diameter of center.

Re: I Wittnessed what LaRue Said Cannot Be Done

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">uh oh... the koolaid might need to be stirred again...</div></div>

whos thirsty i think we might have a show tonight
    laugh.gif

well now with all the comments on the up coming entertainment there probably won't be any... see, too much anticipation can ruin it...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If CKA was involved then I'm thinking something more like this was involved:

stainless-steel-hose-clamps.jpg
    </div></div>

Now that's the best set of fully adjustable scope rings i've seen in a while. And they appear to be a titaniumhardoxide coated... Bet ya they cost a fortune...

too much waiting....but this could prove a good show. I doubt "HE" visits here to see so it can't get all that good. Would someone please post a linky on the other site?

Stir the pitcher, wait and repeat.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SingleShot85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WTF is everyone trying to bust LaRue's balls. </div></div>
    Ummm, could it be because he makes grand claims like Gaston Glock has for decades?

To be totally fair, one difference is that "perfection" appears at present to be unobtanium, while declaring something "impossible" could be true last year but demonstrably false the next.

But sticking to a claim of "impossible" in the face of mounting evidence to the contrary is just as silly as declaring a 1983 or so design "perfect" despite repeated parts "upgrades", refusal to recall manufacturing (not design) defect-afflicted frames, and other problems while maintaining a public face of total denial.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: alpha6164</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why are "certain" replies missing and completely removed and the other half "edited" from yesterday? I thought this is an open board? </div></div>

Exactly. TAG

Okay someone please put this into retard terms- what did larue say can't be done?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Okay someone please put this into retard terms- what did larue say can't be done? </div></div>
    Ok for retard terms, read the first post!
    I have both Larue and ADM mounts and yes I even once owned arms mounts. The arms were hit and miss for me while the larue always worked. The ADM mount works just as good and it never digs into the rail like the Larue mounts. I like having mounts that return to zero when removed.

Am I missing something:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> zeroed the scope, removed it, reinstalled shot, removed reinstalled shot again, each time it was well with in 1 bullet diameter of center. </div></div>

At a hundred yards (I am guessing because it is not stated) after remove and reinstall, the next shot was "well with in 1 bullet diameter of center" so shifted less than .224? or less then .308? well with in means "less than" . To me that would mean that the next shot touched or overlapped the first shot.

I am new and would not mind some explaination, but that little shift it would seem to me to be minor. it is not like it move 8 inches. PLEASE tell me more.

I am not trying to "stir the koolaid" just trying to learn

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just saw a Throw Lever Mount do what Mark LaRue said was impossible to do, ??? mounted his PR 5-25 in this new mount, zeroed the scope, removed it, reinstalled shot, removed reinstalled shot again, each time it was well with in 1 bullet diameter of center. </div></div>
    What mount were you using? Some of us are just interested in mounts and not in those who make them. I'm about to order a 30mm mount in the next couple days, so would like to know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SingleShot85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WTF is everyone trying to bust LaRue's balls. </div></div>

Because he deserves it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2ndamendfan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why????????

</div></div>

Cause he is the head douche of the douchiest douches?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2ndamendfan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why????????

</div></div>

I don't know because he has a call out thread on barfcom with my name on it.

I'll never forget the epic Lowlight vs. LaRue thread on ACOG mounts. (back up optical sight thread to be exact)

The crux of which was ML getting fired up that Frank gave his opinion to favor another brand of mount. And then proceeded to say (paraphrasing) Frank was a liar and a dummy and everything short of God handed down the original LaRue ACOG mount and therefore there was no other mount to be allowed.

It rang as unprofessional to say the least. Im sure people have their own reasons to claim "douchery" but all I know is what I saw. I wouldn't say he is a douche, he seems generous but unable to take criticism.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW he really is a dooche.
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=219&t=197986 </div></div>I fail to see the douche baggery in that. </div></div>

His little jab / F U to me. Because I gave him shit about the design of the cheek piece riser being a problem for charging and clearing a jam etc 6+ months ago.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW he really is a dooche.
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=219&t=197986 </div></div>I fail to see the douche baggery in that. </div></div>

His little jab / F U to me. Because I gave him shit about the design of the cheek piece riser being a problem for charging and clearing a jam etc 6+ months ago. </div></div>It would seem as though you complained enough that he is giving away free RISR's. Maybe a little of a jab at you, but it sounds like you had made a jab at him about his design to start with. All in all, giving away free shit = not a douche, in my book. But maybe I can be bought for cheap...

Bob I dont think you know the backround... this goes way back and is all because Frank said he prefers another mount other then Larue's. ML then flipped a bitch and acted like a little child all over the internet. Poison didn't want to associate himself with Larue anymore so he just sold his OBR taking a huge hit. So now that he doesn't have one anymore ML is going to give away free shit to all OBR owners. Thats a dooche bag move and he is clearly doing it just to tick off Poison, I mean look at the title of the thread...
    ML has acted unprofessional this whole time and he continues to do so, and for that reason I wont own anything Larue other the the <span style="font-style: italic">"God bless our troops, especially our snipers"</span> bumper sticker on my truck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scottmilk9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why am I <span style="text-decoration: line-through">hear</span> here?? </div></div>

To learn how to spell?

(sorry, just funnin')

BMT

That was priceless...haha

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bmt</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scottmilk9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why am I <span style="text-decoration: line-through">hear</span> here?? </div></div>

To learn how to spell?

(sorry, just funnin')

BMT </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW he really is a dooche.

His little jab / F U to me. Because I gave him shit about the design of the cheek piece riser being a problem for charging and clearing a jam etc 6+ months ago. </div></div>It would seem as though you complained enough that he is giving away free RISR's. Maybe a little of a jab at you, but it sounds like you had made a jab at him about his design to start with. All in all, giving away free shit = not a douche, in my book. But maybe I can be bought for cheap... </div></div>

So if I understand this correctly poison pointed out a failure in the obr design. Larue then realized there was a failure to his design and decided to use poison as a scapegoat to give away risrs to fix the problem? Am I understanding this correctly?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bob I dont think you know the backround... this goes way back and is all because Frank said he prefers another mount other then Larue's. ML then flipped a bitch and acted like a little child all over the internet. Poison didn't want to associate himself with Larue anymore so he just sold his OBR taking a huge hit. So now that he doesn't have one anymore ML is going to give away free shit to all OBR owners. Thats a dooche bag move and he is clearly doing it just to tick off Poison, I mean look at the title of the thread...
    ML has acted unprofessional this whole time and he continues to do so, and for that reason I wont own anything Larue other the the <span style="font-style: italic">"God bless our troops, especially our snipers"</span> bumper sticker on my truck. </div></div>I understand the debate and I know the story. This is not about that, from what I can tell though. However, it was p123's choice to sell his OBR, he was not forced to do anything. And I don't think ML gave away a bunch of free stuff to be a douche. Think about that really, for just a second.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW he really is a dooche.
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=219&t=197986 </div></div>

Good God, I need a towel just from looking at all the drooling, slavish love poured all over that thread. What a bunch of sycophants......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bob I dont think you know the backround... this goes way back and is all because Frank said he prefers another mount other then Larue's. ML then flipped a bitch and acted like a little child all over the internet. Poison didn't want to associate himself with Larue anymore so he just sold his OBR taking a huge hit. So now that he doesn't have one anymore ML is going to give away free shit to all OBR owners. Thats a dooche bag move and he is clearly doing it just to tick off Poison, I mean look at the title of the thread...
    ML has acted unprofessional this whole time and he continues to do so, and for that reason I wont own anything Larue other the the <span style="font-style: italic">"God bless our troops, especially our snipers"</span> bumper sticker on my truck. </div></div>I understand the debate and I know the story. This is not about that, from what I can tell though. However, it was p123's choice to sell his OBR, he was not forced to do anything. And I don't think ML gave away a bunch of free stuff to be a douche. Think about that really, for just a second. </div></div>

Read my response above. Do I think he gave out free stuff to be to a douche? No, it's starting to look like he gave out free stuff to fix a failure in the design. Then used poison as a scapegoat while pulling the wool over the fanboys eyes. Again am I understanding your statements correctly or is the ability to read between the lines?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Read my response above. Do I think he gave out free stuff to be to a douche? No, it's starting to look like he gave out free stuff to fix a failure in the design. Then used poison as a scapegoat while pulling the wool over the fanboys eyes. Again am I understanding your statements correctly or is the ability to read between the lines? </div></div>I think you and I were posting at the same time actually, if you look at the time stamp.

It isn't a failure in the design, per se. It is something that happened naturally when integrating a 20moa top rail into a monolithic upper, similar to a POF upper, yes? Further compounded when using a tall QD mount such as the OBR mount, which is only as tall as it is to line up perfectly with NV. If you use low rings, it is a non issue. However, if you want to use the OBR mount, you need a riser. His RISR bandaids the situation created when using the stock in a collapsed position- the charging handle doesn't work.

Now if Poison complained about it, yes, it is a legit complaint. However, I think it was more of a joke than "using P123 to pull the wool over fanboy eyes." If you read the responses, they were all happy to get a free RISR. I don't think anyone felt it was owed to them.

The fanboy shit goes both ways too. I like Frank and I think that ML was in the wrong when THEY got into it, but the fanboy shit is apparent on both sides, you can definitely see it here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patrol120</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only thing more ridiculous than the Mark Larue cult is the cult of those who hate him....its sad, really. </div></div>x2, and this is all I'm getting at.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> His RISR bandaids the situation created when using the stock in a collapsed position- the charging handle doesn't work.
    If you read the responses, they were all happy to get a free RISR. I don't think anyone felt it was owed to them.

The fanboy shit goes both ways too. I like Frank and I think that ML was in the wrong when THEY got into it, but the fanboy shit is apparent on both sides, you can definitely see it here. </div></div>

So by your own words the risr bandaids the weapon. You said bandaid I said failure, excuse me while we split hairs. I would be happy to get a free risr to fix my weapon that I payed thousands of dollars for to have it function. That's almost like a recall right? Or was he expecting people to pay for something to make his product work correctly?

I'm nobody's fan boy. I respect Frank for the tools and service he provides. I used to respect Mark until his elitist began to show through. I've seen Frank apologize for being wrong I've never seen that from Mark.

That will be my last response to Larue stupidity.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> His RISR bandaids the situation created when using the stock in a collapsed position- the charging handle doesn't work.
    If you read the responses, they were all happy to get a free RISR. I don't think anyone felt it was owed to them.

The fanboy shit goes both ways too. I like Frank and I think that ML was in the wrong when THEY got into it, but the fanboy shit is apparent on both sides, you can definitely see it here. </div></div>

So by your own words the risr bandaids the weapon. You said bandaid I said failure, excuse me while we split hairs. I would be happy to get a free risr to fix my weapon that I payed thousands of dollars for to have it function. That's almost like a recall right? Or was he expecting people to pay for something to make his product work correctly?

I'm nobody's fan boy. I respect Frank for the tools and service he provides. I used to respect Mark until his elitist began to show through. I've seen Frank apologize for being wrong I've never seen that from Mark.

</div></div>It's not a failure, it's too low of a cheek weld when using a tall mount. I am not a fanboy but I like products that work. I don't NOT buy something because other people don't like the owner. I have an OBR and I like it. It is very high quality, and their customer service is better than any I have ever experienced, ever. That makes me a loyal owner.

The 20 moa upper necessitates the use of some sort of a riser. It is not a FAILURE, it is a consequence of design. The compromise with the 20 moa top rail necessitates some sort of compromise. The RISR allows you to use a collapsing stock and a riser, it is a solution. The other option is to go with another manufacturers rifle without 20 moa built into the upper. There are ups and downs to each.

The anti Mark Larue sentiment around here is almost ridiculous some times. Yes- he can be a douche. However, the products themselves are still awesome and the customer service still can't be beat.

Just my view.

-Bob

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> His RISR bandaids the situation created when using the stock in a collapsed position- the charging handle doesn't work.

</div></div>
    I think everyone should e-mail the company and let them know that if Mark keeps up his perfect douche, asshole attitude then we won't buy his product. I am thinking a boycott for some time may be in order. Its not like Larue is the only ones now that have a good mount.

Email the company? As in the one Mark LaRue owns?

Whine and moan all you want, boycott, whatever, its not going to matter. Those who buy his product are going to buy it regardless of his attitude. LaRue's core customer base are professional gun toters, not internet posers. Hid products sell themselves.

I have been dealing with Larue for years, well before the internet "He-Man Larue Haters Club," and they have always taken care of me, up to and including overnighting me a mount when I needed one for work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patrol120</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Email the company? As in the one Mark LaRue owns?

Whine and moan all you want, boycott, whatever, its not going to matter. Those who buy his product are going to buy it regardless of his attitude. LaRue's core customer base are professional gun toters, not internet posers. Hid products sell themselves.

I have been dealing with Larue for years, well before the internet "He-Man Larue Haters Club," and they have always taken care of me, up to and including overnighting me a mount when I needed one for work. </div></div>
    I own Larue products as well but I think you are wrong. I purchased thousands of dollors on Larue products throughout the years and will never buy from him again. I am proof that your comment is wrong.
    I think the people working at his company are stuck in the middle due to their asshole owner. I am no internet poser so for you to go to the mud throwing is simply a sad loss. His products do not sell themselves, people like you and the POSERS on BARFCOM sell his products. (WAKE UP ALREADY)
    I never said he made bad mounts, that would be untrue. I said he needs to wise up and take people's words and advice into building a better product like he used to. Instead he builds stuff that is not the best in the market and instead of building something that is he attacks everyone else. I wish he would just shut up, just like Bill Ruger needed to shut up back in the day. JMHO

Yeah, I bought an OBR, it had an A2 stock on it, which I decided needed to be converted to a CTR. I ordered everything from an ill informed board sponsor, who thought that AR-15 buffer tubes were interchangeable with AR-10 buffer tubes. The gun stopped working right, and I didn't know it was the wrong product, so I called LT. They emailed me a UPS shipping label to 2-day it to them. When they received it, they told me I had the wrong parts in my gun, they had installed the right parts, and it would be shipped back to me. They did. Total turn around time- a week and a half or so, my door to my door. Including testing at their end- because they "just wanted to make sure."

My total bill- $0.

Am I a fanboy? No. But if you are going to make a quality product and stand behind it, even when I brake it, then that says something about a company. I didn't even buy the gun from them, I bought it off Gunbroker, and they knew that.

Hate on ML because it is the current cool thing to do. Whatever. I'm not going to blindly, fan-boy like defend them, but if he is going to come out with a great product (RISR) and then give it away for free, I refuse to bash him for it, and I think you all should really step back and take a look at yourself for doing so.

Just my experience and my opinion.

-Bob

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, I bought an OBR, it had an A2 stock on it, which I decided needed to be converted to a CTR. I ordered everything from an ill informed board sponsor, who thought that AR-15 buffer tubes were interchangeable with AR-10 buffer tubes. The gun stopped working right, and I didn't know it was the wrong product, so I called LT. They emailed me a UPS shipping label to 2-day it to them. When they received it, they told me I had the wrong parts in my gun, they had installed the right parts, and it would be shipped back to me. They did. Total turn around time- a week and a half or so, my door to my door. Including testing at their end- because they "just wanted to make sure."

My total bill- $0.

Am I a fanboy? No. But if you are going to make a quality product and stand behind it, even when I brake it, then that says something about a company. I didn't even buy the gun from them, I bought it off Gunbroker, and they knew that.

Hate on ML because it is the current cool thing to do. Whatever. I'm not going to blindly, fan-boy like defend them, but if he is going to come out with a great product (RISR) and then give it away for free, I refuse to bash him for it, and I think you all should really step back and take a look at yourself for doing so.

Just my experience and my opinion.

-Bob </div></div>
    Yeah I read your other post about this before. I have also seen their great costumer service but also Mark knew you would go around selling his product. With sales reps like you he doesn't need any.
    Thats what I was saying about his products not selling themselves.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    <span style="font-weight: bold">but if he is going to come out with a great product (RISR) and then give it away for free</span>
    -Bob </div></div>

Did he come out with the RISR and give it away to OBR owners, yes. But he also called out Poison and acted like a dick doing it. Notice the thread title and the way he responds in it. I dont have any affiliations with Poison either. ML's products may be good, and his CS great, but the way he acts online stops alot of people from buying from him, including me.
    Frank even said sorry when this all started even though Frank did nothing wrong, then ML called him and all those defending him liars on barf.com.
    His level of unprofessionalism is really, really sad.