• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Member Link Up Im moving to AZ

blazinpixels

Private
Minuteman
Jan 14, 2009
Rochester MN
Im tired of Iowa and the shooting sucks.

I am moving to Phoenix AZ in the next few weeks.
Probably gonna wing it as far as finding a nice apt
and job.

Is it true you can open carry?

Can I walk around with a rifle on my back?

Where are the spots to shoot beyond 500 yards?

Re: Im moving to AZ

Outside of Phoenix I have definitely seen people open carry; but not in the city limits. My son lives out there and Phoenix itself is not a paradise, believe me. Just don't speed there, they have traffic cameras everywhere like a stinking police state. Traffic is horrible as well like any big city. Tempe and Chandler are nice.

Shit! That was the reason why I left southern california...

In the words of han solo "didnt we just leave this party?" lol

ah well i cant imagine its worse than california.

rent seems cheaper and there has to be way more going on than

here. ty for the info

If you don't want that "city" life,stay away from Phnx. Chandler and Gilbert are little Sand Diego's and other Californicated suburbs. There are plenty of places outside these areas that are VERY rural. Open carry is fine in AZ. Yes, you can walk around with a rifle on your back. In these desert areas,shooting 500+ is no problem. Bring lot of water.See ya.

I have places in both AZ and CA. AZ wins hands down. Open carry all you want, just don't conceal it without a CCW. It's a shall issue state, so no problem.

I cannot recomend downtown Phoenix, but depending on what you are looking for, Chandler (where I live), Awahtukee, Tempe, Gilbert, parts of Mesa are nice.

Scottsdale is nice, but too much of Los Angeles wannabes.

Not sure what line of business you are in, but the job market sucks. Housing is pretty cheap, not sure how it compares to IA.

PM me if you want more info.

That is true about the women. I've been all over the world; but never seen better than there (except maybe Moscow). Lots of gold diggers in Scottsdale. The trouts like to hang out there to pick up the young ones, at least that's what I've been told.

Okay I am literally leaving walmart to start my trip to az I'm already missing it... Spent a year and a half in Iowa and it's gonna be tough... I hope az has alot to offer. I'm gonna miss front porch sittin and cleaning my rifles out in the front lawn lol

Well I hope you like it there cause I am gonna be there when I get back.I hope the job market doesnt suck too bad. I am looking to get into law enforcement but I have an A&P license so I can work at an airport in the meantime. I cant wait to leave CA when I get back from the Desert...

Sup yall. finall made it to az. in california visiting my family right now orange county. i remember why i left haha. i swear except people here on the hide. everyone else in california is a friggin sissy!

I swear the freeways have gotten way more busier and its only been two years.

not being able to shoot is lame...

cant wait to get out of california aka north korea hehe

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bushmaster7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Outside of Phoenix I have definitely seen people open carry; but not in the city limits.

<span style="color: #3366FF">Lots of folks carry open in town. Good part is even more carry concealed.</span>

My son lives out there and Phoenix itself is not a paradise, believe me. Just don't speed there, they have traffic cameras everywhere like a stinking police state.

<span style="color: #3366FF">All about the money, just set your cruise control and don't run red lights</span>

Traffic is horrible as well like any big city. Tempe and Chandler are nice. </div></div>

BR4V0.C0MP4NY-Welcome!
Brush up on your spanish......
Hopefully you have a job lined up, because there's folks lined up for most of them currently.

"Can I carry a rifle slung?"-obviously you didn't catch the news when there were AR's being legally and peacefully carried the last time Obama was here speaking....try that in a real police state!

If you watch the news about 95% of the crime happens on the west side. I prefer the East side, live in Tempe, used to live in chandler. You could not pay me to live on the West side. Rio Shooting is okay but prefer the Desert but in the summer time a roof over your head w/shooting is a must

i avoid the valley as much as possible thats why i stay up here in the pine trees. very little crime and people dont even look at you when you open carry up here they are so used to seeing it. glad you made it out if your ever need to get away from the city or just want to come out and shoot sometime come on up.

We have our next precision rifle match Nov. 21st. 8am at phoenix rod and gun.

It would be nice to see some folks from the hide to show, unlike the arizonashooting crowd where there are 12 pages of precision rifles photos and not one person who shoots.

Good luck to you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DEATH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">but in the summer time a roof over your head w/shooting is a must </div></div>
That's what hat's are for!

Best shooting in the metro Phx area are Scott's monthly precision rifle matches!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scottmilk9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have our next precision rifle match Nov. 21st. 8am at phoenix rod and gun.

It would be nice to see some folks from the hide to show, unlike the arizonashooting crowd where there are 12 pages of precision rifles photos and not one person who shoots.

Good luck to you. </div></div>

hey
I resemble that remark