• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Inflation.......... ?

“This inflation is here to stay,” said JPMorgan Asset & Wealth Management CEO Mary Callahan Erdoes.

Unilever CEO Alan Jope said on CNBC’s “Closing Bell” on September 6, “We’re not seeing an easing off in our landed costs. So, any early optimism that inflation has peaked is misplaced.”

Nineteen percent of CFOs now say they expect a recession in the fourth quarter of this year, up from 13% in Q2.

Drought is drying up the crucial US water artery. That means less room for vessels shipping out corn and soybeans, the biggest US crops. Barge rates reached $49.88 per ton on Tuesday, the highest on record and up nearly 50% from a year ago, according to a government report released Thursday.

Reactions: devildog93
High prices and rising interest rates are putting used cars out of reach for a growing number of car shoppers.
That’s bad news for CarMax, the nation’s largest used car dealer. CarMax reported Thursday that its earnings plunged 54% as the number of cars it sold in the quarter fell 6.4% compared to a year ago.

• Wow
Reactions: babyguppy
Aluminium and nickel prices rose sharply on Thursday as traders fretted about supply shortages after the London Metal Exchange announced that it was considering banning new Russian metals from entering the market. The exchange is deciding whether to publish a discussion paper about how to deal with Russian material, according to its chief executive Matthew Chamberlain. Market participants with knowledge of the plan said the paper would include the possibility of banning new Russian metal from entering the market. While the UK and Europe have imposed sanctions on Russian oil and coal, no equivalent measures have been taken for metals. Russia accounts for about 20 per cent of global nickel production outside China, and 13 per cent of aluminum production outside China.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: KZP
Aluminium and nickel prices rose sharply on Thursday as traders fretted about supply shortages after the London Metal Exchange announced that it was considering banning new Russian metals from entering the market. The exchange is deciding whether to publish a discussion paper about how to deal with Russian material, according to its chief executive Matthew Chamberlain. Market participants with knowledge of the plan said the paper would include the possibility of banning new Russian metal from entering the market. While the UK and Europe have imposed sanctions on Russian oil and coal, no equivalent measures have been taken for metals. Russia accounts for about 20 per cent of global nickel production outside China, and 13 per cent of aluminum production outside China.

"Why do we need Russian metals when we have digital stuff like Bitcoin?" - Author of paper

block metals and all hats are off on inflation and availability of goods
It’s already happening in a sense. An aluminum and a steel plant have shut down in the US, a steel mill in Germany was mothballed due to electricity concerns and metals coming out of Russia have been reduced for some time. Right now if I want to buy 416 stainless it’s at a huge price over what it was. 6061-t6 bar is through the roof, and if you want it in 12” diameter good luck. Obviously pushing Russia out will increase costs more, but the prices have increasing for some time. I’m not sure some businesses can keep absorbing the costs.

Russia, the biggest threat to the WEF/NWO. They are willing to deal with total economic collapse and all things related to it in order to fuck Russia.

The number of people living in ignorant bliss are going to have a bad surprise. Bread and circuses or should I say Facebook Twitter TICTOC and McDonald's.

Repurposing.
We may see the return of "The Village Blacksmith"...
Wouldn't that be neat. People with actual skills being elevated in status. Guys that can fabricate/cannibalize/re-purpose will get their due. Seems like that would be one upside to things turning bad. People with very few skills are going to struggle.

Wouldn't that be neat. People with actual skills being elevated in status. Guys that can fabricate/cannibalize/re-purpose will get their due. Seems like that would be one upside to things turning bad. People with very few skills are going to struggle.

rate of growth is slowing which is good and I suspect we'll start to see this come down. don't forget, the hurricane is going to bite in consumption although that will be factored in. The real issue is supply of goods and services from raw materials which is a key driver. What a mess the FED and gov't has created

rate of growth is slowing which is good and I suspect we'll start to see this come down. don't forget, the hurricane is going to bite in consumption although that will be factored in. The real issue is supply of goods and services from raw materials which is a key driver. What a mess the FED and gov't has created
Just a personal thought I have had as this fiasco developed.
America has been a strong leader for all of my lifetime. A "Made in America" sticker was a sign of pride. That has changed.
The rest of the civilized world has been lead down this "Rabbit Hole" by America.
Those countries and their people will suffer in the future due to this.
For the rest of our lifetime, the world will be very reluctant to "follow America".
This will be a handicap on our children, grand children and great grand children. Tough to overcome.

JMHO

Reactions: RUTGERS95
What a fucking hack :rolleyes:

Screenshot_20220930-124032.png

Reactions: babyguppy
Just a personal thought I have had as this fiasco developed.
America has been a strong leader for all of my lifetime. A "Made in America" sticker was a sign of pride. That has changed.
The rest of the civilized world has been lead down this "Rabbit Hole" by America.
Those countries and their people will suffer in the future due to this.
For the rest of our lifetime, the world will be very reluctant to "follow America".
This will be a handicap on our children, grand children and great grand children. Tough to overcome.

JMHO
noting wrong with MAGA term and yet the left decries it. America first, all else 99

DETROIT – Ford Motor is increasing the starting price of its electric F-150 Lightning pickup by $5,000 for the 2023 model year, citing rising costs and supply chain issues.
The new price of the 2023 Lightning Pro, an entry-level model meant for commercial and business customers, will be $51,974 – up nearly 11% from previous pricing and a 30% increase from the original $39,974 price in May 2021.

Pay around 40% or more of your salary in taxes your whole life and live in poverty as a senior. I’m counting all taxes paid (Federal, State, SS, sales tax, property tax, capital gains, ect..). I’m sure these numbers will get much worse in the future.... Slaves to the system.

Pay around 40% or more of your salary in taxes your whole life and live in poverty as a senior. I’m counting all taxes paid (Federal, State, SS, sales tax, property tax, capital gains, ect..). I’m sure these numbers will get much worse in the future.... Slaves to the system.
1665067847760.png

Reactions: Gwak2006
As the end of 2022 approaches, consumers are starting to get those annual or bi-annual bills. They have seen the inflation growing weekly at the gas station or grocery store. Now, they will be able to see how much larger those annual bills are going up. No relief in sight. Never mind what the "Government Numbers" are showing.
Ahead of the release of the latest consumer price index reading this week, Allianz Chief Economic Adviser Mohamed El-Erian told CBS’ “Face The Nation” Sunday that he predicts headline inflation “will probably come down to about 8%,” but that core inflation “is still going up.”

The Government is removing "Trade Services" from PPI... I wonder why that is being done ?;)

1665579824839.png

The Government is removing "Trade Services" from PPI... I wonder why that is being done ?;)

View attachment 7974974

Can we do this in PRS? I would be a lot better if we didn't count the bad shots.

It has to be higher than 40%. Don't forget, you pay into SS your entire life.. then when you start getting a little bit back.. They TAX IT AGAIN

If the Government is willing to give up 8.7% you can bet inflation is way more than that number.

Amid record high inflation, Social Security beneficiaries will get an 8.7% increase to their benefits in 2023, the highest increase in 40 years.
The Social Security Administration announced the change on Thursday. It will result in a benefit increase of more than $140 more per month on average starting in January.

Reactions: gigamortis

+0.4 in September, 8.2% year-over-year (0.6% and 6.6% excluding food and energy). Completely shocking to anyone who doesn't do his own shopping.

Given the market's response to this, I'm struggling to believe the narrative that rate hikes are already priced into the market. Capitulation hasn't yet occurred.

+0.4 in September, 8.2% year-over-year (0.6% and 6.6% excluding food and energy). Completely shocking to anyone who doesn't do his own shopping.

Given the market's response to this, I'm struggling to believe the narrative that rate hikes are already priced into the market. Capitulation hasn't yet occurred.
I'm not seeing any factors to change these pattern's between now and the end of 2022. Recession wise, we are well into 2023.... The 8.7% increase in Social Security validates these inflated prices are here to stay.... Seeing the "New Norm".... Plan accordingly.

Reactions: ken226
If the Government is willing to give up 8.7% you can bet inflation is way more than that number.

Amid record high inflation, Social Security beneficiaries will get an 8.7% increase to their benefits in 2023, the highest increase in 40 years.
The Social Security Administration announced the change on Thursday. It will result in a benefit increase of more than $140 more per month on average starting in January.

my shocked faced.. :rolleyes: knowing it's a HELL OF A LOT HIGHER.
Stalin told the news reporter, to rewrite their article. "People are NOT starving; they are suffering the effects of malnutrition."

I'm not seeing any factors to change these pattern's between now and the end of 2022. Recession wise, we are well into 2023.... The 8.7% increase in Social Security validates these inflated prices are here to stay.... Seeing the "New Norm".... Plan accordingly.
The increase was never going to decrease. Inflation may slow but there is no intention to stop it. If anyone has been thinking otherwise they have not been paying attention.

No one expected the Federal Reserve to be able to smother inflation swiftly. But after seven months of rapidly rising interest rates, the central bank has hardly made a dent.
Thursday’s look at the September consumer price data shows we’re not much better off now than we were in March, when the Fed began its aggressive monetary tightening. Back then, overall consumer prices were up 8.5% year over year. Now, they’re up 8.2%.
Core prices, which exclude volatile food and energy categories and are widely seen as a more reliable barometer of underlying inflation, hit 6.6% annually in September — their highest since 1982.

https://kolozeg.org/?p=629451

The major deficit problem has been rising prices for imported gas and oil, and products such as aluminum and fertilizer requiring heavy energy inputs for their production. And as the euro’s exchange rate declines against the dollar, the cost of carrying Europe’s US-dollar debt – the normal condition for affiliates of U.S. multinationals –rises, squeezing profits.

This is not the kind of depression in which “automatic stabilizers” can work to restore economic balance. Energy dependency is structural
Predicts a decade of pain.

• Sad
Reactions: Hobo Hilton
Last edited:
Just had to have 2 HVAC systems installed. 2 different counties, 2 different contractors. Both told me systems were up 40% from last year and quality is poor and availability is spotty. Compressors and evaporator coils failing at very high rates. One contractor said a customer just waited 5 weeks for a warranty replacement coil. I waited 7 weeks to have the system installed at the ranch due to equipment and their work load. This contractor has 4 install crews working 5 days/week. Other contractor had a crew/equipment available the next day but I have been a customer for many years. These are Trane and Lenox systems.

But somehow people still have lots of money, and keep spending it. Local home builder contractors are all booked out two to three years here.
I am seeing that, also. Seems the people with a lot of money in the bank are converting it to "housing"... That tells me, in the future they think a house is a better hedge against inflation than "money in the bank".

Reactions: 91Eunozs
The cheap money is still being spent. Fed tightening takes many months to take effect, so give it time.

BTW, this isn't some sort of rational investment. People are just spending for the sake of spending because they see other people spending. If this was rational behavior, they'd understand that their big investment purchased with 3% rates will have a substantially lower value at 8% rates, and they'd park money elsewhere. But parking money elsewhere doesn't look as good as four bedrooms, three stalls, and a fancy outdoor kitchen.

This is what I can’t figure out. Where are they getting it?
There were billions of USD's $$$ handed out during the pandemic..... "Free Money"........ A lot of this free money is building mansions for the CEO's and Business Owners who took the money..... There has been virtually no reconciliation of the billions of USD's. It would look bad on the Government if they started investigating and prosecuting.

remember 2008(ish)
HELOC's - housing prices doubled, everyone ran out and got equity on there house, that 250k house; now worth 400 - 500K. bubble pops, your house is now worth 150K. Uh o, chapter 10, dump it and start again.
Good news, all that furniture you bought, you get to keep :rolleyes: