JAE-700

Re: JAE-700

Diddnt know there was a prior thread for this stock i tried searching befor i made this one. That works for me due to the fact I wont be back from Iraq until summer of 2010...Then they must be just taking orders cause you can order it now from their site.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ohiofarmer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did anyone happen to see JAE's booth at SHOT? I'm wondering what the status of the 700 stocks is.</div></div>

I don't believe they were at SHOT. At least, they weren't in the directory -- and if you're not in the directory you can't be found...

Just got off the phone with Lisa @ JAE Inc....n the stock will use AICS magazines / Not properiatary mags like originally planed.
Plus they just added a new color to their mix...."Ballistic White"...nice!

check it out new Ballistic White on an M1A stock!!!
pix2526510484.jpg

pix2526510609.jpg

pix2526510781.jpg

Oh sweet. Looks like I found a new stock for my spare action. Anybody have specs on the stock. I saw it on their site but no specs.

I was looking into a AICS but wow, his looks amazing.

I inquired about this stock last year around this time. They said they were taking deposits as well then and that production was going to start in the spring. Seems like it's hasn't made much strides since.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pat4668</div><div class="ubbcode-body">seems they are more expensive than a mcm or mcs stocks, has anyone used them are they better or wuts the pros and cons. thanks </div></div>

You are not going to find an aftermarket stock with a DBM setup for much less, if at all.

Josh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MinorDamage</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pat4668</div><div class="ubbcode-body">seems they are more expensive than a mcm or mcs stocks, has anyone used them are they better or wuts the pros and cons. thanks </div></div>

You are not going to find an aftermarket stock with a DBM setup for much less, if at all.

Josh </div></div>

So it comes with the DBM set up alrready? So all you need is a barreled action and trigger?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pingi3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MinorDamage</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pat4668</div><div class="ubbcode-body">seems they are more expensive than a mcm or mcs stocks, has anyone used them are they better or wuts the pros and cons. thanks </div></div>

Josh </div></div>

So it comes with the DBM set up alrready? So all you need is a barreled action and trigger? </div></div>

Correct.

Any official word on when they are coming out with these yet? Or is it still in the works?

they dont look that bad, but still to high in price looking at a 1000 for a rem 700 sa and i dont have that kind of cash to throw out yet. but still would like to know how it shoots before i get one

High? A MCM, or Manners is going to be 7-800 without the bottom metal. Plus you also need to bed those actions too. Add another 150-200 to the price and you will be right at or over 1K. Chassis systems will be the way of the future.

that ballistic white is nice for something different.

decisions, decisions...
still a bit a of a wait though

would be interested in specs too.
@ least weight of base stock

Yes Lisa was great. I ordered one today and for you guys on the bubble, hurry up. I saved over $100 bucks with their 30% off promo on their accessories. I ordered a olive drab with black accents. A QD cheekpad, 6" rail and pad. And 2 push button sling thingies. She said they will call me right before they make mine to make sure the color and accessories are still what I want. I will be photoshoping stocks in a minute. It was only $1032. For under 2K, I'll have nice little rifle. She said no final spec on weight but between 5 and 6.5 lbs. Mine should he around July or August. Right before hunting season. LA is next too for you guys that want the 300 or 338.

I'm sure that one is for an M1A. What I love about these is the torque-and-go nature of a chassis, DBM, with built in forend rails for hog/coyote hunting at night. Opens up a whole new hunt for the 700. Well, for those of us that don't have anybody to hold a spotlight for them!
smile.gif

Darn, forgot to order the hand rest support thingie. Time to call Lisa.

I wanted the Balistic White but worried it would get too dirty and lord knows we don't want a dirty rifle.

Thinking now of OD green with dark brown accents. Or how about Swat Black with brown accents. Or opposite? Anybody know how to photo shop?