Just some pretty pictures!!

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman
Thanks to RTH1800 I got the right Unertl bases and finally had some time to fit the scope!

Bore sighted it at about 200 and hopefully will fire this week to dial in.

It’s a .220 Swift. So not a big caliber. But barrel is like new. And pretty sure it will shoot bugholes with a bit of dialing in Some handloads.

Got to find a way to display this with my ‘52.

They are like peas and carrots!!!!

IMG_4801.jpeg

IMG_4800.jpeg

IMG_4799.jpeg

IMG_4798.jpeg

IMG_4797.jpeg

Not many off the rack rifles more beautiful than a Pre-64 Model 70!! This example from 1951 and pretty minty. Mostly just rack wear.

Cheers and thanks again RTH!

Sirhr

Last edited:
I kinda want a pre 64 in 22 hornet, but my wallet keeps saying fuck off.

Beautiful rifle by the way

Listen to your heart, not your wallet!

You will be staring at the lawn from the wrong side for an eternity. Buy the rifle!!

Sirhr

PS. Sorry for abbreviated earlier post. Got distracted.

Last edited:
The spring on the scope, is that to stabilize the scope during recoil? Beautiful rig there.

Essentially yes. In the early days of scopes when reticles were made Of delicate things like spider silk… The springs buffered out recoil and old reset with a simple “pull back” gently sliding back into battery.

The old Unertl’s and! Their bretheran are some amazing engineering!!!

Sirhr

Thanks to RTH1800 I got the right Unertl bases and finally had some time to fit the scope!

Bore sighted it at about 200 and hopefully will fire this week to dial in.

It’s a .220 Swift. So not a big caliber. But barrel is like new. And pretty sure it will shoot bugholes with a bit of dialing in Some handloads.

Got to find a way to display this with my ‘52.

They are like peas and carrots!!!!

View attachment 8528775

View attachment 8528776

View attachment 8528777

View attachment 8528778

View attachment 8528779

Not many off the rack rifles more beautiful than a Pre-64 Model 70!! This example from 1951 and pretty minty. Mostly just rack wear.

Cheers and thanks again RTH!

Sirhr
Just make a nice place for it in your new "when the power goes out" shack.