• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Member Link Up Kentucky Members Shoot Feb 25-27th

Re: Kentucky Members Shoot - Ideas Wanted

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Biner626</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would be interested.
Scattered targets, Maybe one night at the lodge.
Your dates seem off. do you mean the last weekend in Feb? </div></div>

One post was off the other was spot on. Dates are correct now

Bumping this one for more participants and feedback!

The goal is to get the 25 slots filled by "Hide Members", but if it that is not going to happen, then there are other avenues and shooters that we can contact.

SHOT is this week, so the planning will be on hold for a couple of days, but please let us know what you would like to see at the shoot.

Thanks to everyone for the support and interest, this should be the start of a very good thing!
M Richardson

I'm going to check my schedule as that lands right in the middle of my exams. But I think I can swing in the Saturday shoot. I am new and just starting long rifle shooting so if you guys don't mind then I would like to drive up on that Saturday as I only live about 1hr 45min away and stay through supper. I'll bring about 100-150 rds to waste and get the feel of things as the longest distance I have shot is 500yds so past that will be interesting

. I plan on buying a 1yr membership if I'm able to attend. Then pay for that days eats.

If all goes well as time progresses throught he year I will have more free time and would be more available to do the once a month meet for us local guys.

I will email KYS338 when I get a definate. Should know by the end of this week and reserve my spot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ~Ace~</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will be some Great Practice. Plenty of Spotters and help getting on target if needed. Awesome Food ! </div></div>

yeah food is pretty darn good I must say...hopefully the prices will come down a little bit. I got a new nickname from this place last time i visited lol.

For the record,

This event is in no way "officially sanctioned" as a Snipers Hide event.

This is an event that is first and foremost open to Snipers Hide Members, that is all in terms of Snipers Hide.

Sorry for any misunderstanding.
M Richardson

1) Who is interested?
<span style="color: #FF0000">I'm Very interested</span>

2) What TYPE of shoot do you want?
<span style="color: #FF0000">Long Range is my suggestion. Most all of us can shoot 100-300+ yards at home. I think most of us would be more willing to make the drive for 600 -1000+ yard targets. I propose maybe putting up a 400 yard gong for a short range reference. Anybody that shows up with a 100 or 200 yd. zero can work a 400 yard target in a few shots. Then it would be easy to leap frog on out to 600 & beyond in a few shots. (for shooters that don't have all their real world dope worked out.)
Other wise I think it would be fun to have "square range" long range gongs set up and maybe 1 or two scenarios set up. But if it's too much trouble just the basic long range gongs would get my vote in the name of good trigger time during condition (wind) changes. </span>

3) Will you want to spend the night? Drive down on a Friday, stay the night, then shoot all day Saturday and part of sunday? Tell me what type of schedule you want to see?
<span style="color: #FF0000"> Cost/Monies is what makes or breaks me. I'm 4 hours away. At any given time right now it would be hard to come up with the fuel cost alone. Therefore I'd need to be able to camp. I'm sure there are others that would appreciate this option. For the record I have a large tent that could sleep 5 guys with room & comfort, 7 guys that aquainted and comfortable with tighter quarters.</span>

Who is interested?
I'm Very interested along with two others, all three of us are Hide members.

2) What TYPE of shoot do you want?
We're most interested in 500yds and beyond and unk distances for mil ranging, but open for most any type of shooting.

3) Will you want to spend the night? Drive down on a Friday, stay the night, then shoot all day Saturday and part of sunday? Tell me what type of schedule you want to see?

We're only about 1 1/2hrs away so prob drive down on Sat early spend the night and shoot sunday also. We also don't mind helping out with target setup or any of the other admin type things required. If that would mean we need to be there Friday evening that's fine also, we could leave after work.

As for my input. I agree with Tresmon. Would like to have some set ranges staggered all the way to a 1000+. I don't have a good drop chart for my rifle and caliber. So I will be kinda winging it. Gonna send KYS338 a PM with some small questions and have him add me in. Just want to come out shoot some rounds and meet and greet. Also hoping to pick up some trick from the more experience guys.

Guys, I'm away at Shot Show so my computer time is limited. I'll update when I get home and am not working off an iPad.

I'm sure you could camp but I will ask Nick. I'm thinking the cold might be hard on you that do sleep in a tent....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chaser_2332</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know the prices yet?</div></div>

If you plan on coming in the future I think the best thing to do is get the $100/year membership from Rockcastle Shooting Center. I know thats my plan.

The food/lodging rates are at the bottom of the first post.

Thanks for the feedback everyone,

Per above KYS338 is out of town at SHOT for the moment (lucky dog), so things are on hold for a couple of days.

As soon as he makes it back into town and gets caught back up we are going to meet up to work out all of the details in terms of the shooting format / range layout.

Please keep the comments coming, and thanks for being patient, I am sure this is going to turn out to be a great opportunity!

Best of Luck,
M Richardson

a membership is the way to go for sure. Does anyone know if with a membership you are now allowed at the longer ranges, or does it have to be a planned event like this?

Im back! Updating the list now.

If you have questions, ask them here.
If you want to attend I need you to PM me, full name, if your staying at the hotel, and I will add you to the list.

We will really have to watch the weather. I do not want to try and coordinate this in a huge blizzard.

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Runamuk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can garentee two or three more shooters from southern Indiana, we're right at an hour and a half away. We didn't shoot in the challange but showed up on Saturday anyway just to watch. We spoke with Nick and his father about coming down just for fun, their both good people.

We also don't care how you set things up, 1 day, 2 day, whatever, we're just in it for the fun and we have nothing but time on the weekends. Let me know if I can help you out in anyway. </div></div>

If you are committing you need to get in touch with me via PM or email.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kyshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scheduler has been sick, still working on it. </div></div>

What are you talking about? No one is sick.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TresMon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Where are we at?

Date?
Range fee?
Camping an option? </div></div>

Dates are in the first post, read thru it and you will find them there.

I am still waiting to here from Nick Noble what he will charge as a range fee.... I have emailed him numerous times.

I don't think camping is in your best interest (being that its going to be cold) but I will ask him again if it's possible to do. If you room with a friend you can be in a hotel for one night at $25.00 a person. I am actually going to come up with a contest for after lunch on Saturday, most clay pigeon breaks at a certain distance wins a prize. The price will easily out weight any fee for room and food.

From the first post:

Trip Rates:
Room - double beds - $49.00 + tax a night (split with buddy, thats about $25. a night)
3 Meals a day! Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner - $20.00 a day

Update to the original post with range fees!!! Still trying to get some minor details worked out. Nick was a little unclear in the emails.

There was a death in his family so he is not easy to get ahold of. Bare with me while I iron out the details, there are only minor ones left to figure out.

Fellow Shooters -

I want to make a quick note. CptRichardson is helping me coordinate this event. You can ask him questions as well. But as far as sign up, you need to get with me.

Also, I know the $100.00 buy in seems steep BUT that covers you for any range fee for any event for a full year. I am also working on a one use, one price type setup. I will update here as we make progress.

Per KYS338, he is handling the “registration” for the event, so please make sure that you communicate with him via PM or Email and provide him with your details.

We really want to offer this opportunity to Snipers Hide members, but if we can’t fill the 25 slots, then we have other avenues that we can use to pull shooters in from. As such, please advise KYS338 of your status ASAP.

In terms of the shooting,
I can assure everyone, and I know KYS338 will agree, that we are going to do everything we can to accommodate shooters from 100 yds to 1,000 yds. We are looking at:
- Paper Targets at closer ranges for zero confirmation
- Steel Targets at set intervals (most likely every 100 yds) for dope verification
- Steel Targets at random distances for ranging / unknown distance shooting
- Fun Targets like balloons, golf balls, or clay pigeons set at random distances

Per KYS338, we are also looking at some type of informal / fun match at some point during the course of fire for those who want to participate.

Our goal, weather and logistics permitting, is to get the layout and details for the course of fire confirmed by Feb 6. Obviously we have some issues which are not helping at the moment, but we will get it taken care of!

My first responsibility at the shoot will be to act as RSO, and do whatever it takes to keep things running as smoothly as possible. As time and duties allow, I will try to help out anyone, especially the new shooters, however I can.

This could obviously lead to “Bigger and Better Things” at Rockcastle in terms of having a regularly scheduled event for Long Range Shooters. As such, we want to try and make a very strong first showing which I am sure with everyone’s help we can make happen!

Thanks,
M Richardson

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: captrichardson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

We really want to offer this opportunity to Snipers Hide members, but if we can’t fill the 25 slots, then we have other avenues that we can use to pull shooters in from. As such, please advise KYS338 of your status ASAP.

This could obviously lead to “Bigger and Better Things” at Rockcastle in terms of having a regularly scheduled event for Long Range Shooters. As such, we want to try and make a very strong first showing which I am sure with everyone’s help we can make happen!

Thanks,
M Richardson </div></div>

So I understand there is a 25 min shooters for this to go?

I plan to go but do not know for certain until that week as funds are very limited. I will arrive on Sat and then drive home that night.

I like the idea of scheduled event but I really hope it gets open to the public. That way we can say: I am heading to RockCastle this week who wants to go and call make a resv and show up. But, if this is what it takes I hope it works out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 45.308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: captrichardson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Thanks,

I plan to go but do not know for certain until that week as funds are very limited. I will arrive on Sat and then drive home that night.

I like the idea of scheduled event but I really hope it gets open to the public. That way we can say: I am heading to RockCastle this week who wants to go and call make a resv and show up. But, if this is what it takes I hope it works out. </div></div>

Well there is no minimum but Im not going to put in a months work of getting targets prepped. Hauling over 15 steel targets and then placing them one at a time with a UTV... thats a plate full of work and I have one or two guys helping me. Id like to get the full load of shooters and show Nick and RCSC that we all mean business in KY and surrounding states. That we WANT THIS RANGE for regular use and matches. This is a jumping off point. This weekend will show them we are here to stay and support their efforts for improvement.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: greentimber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hell, I'm in. I have some steel and don't mind helping to RO if needed.

Kyle

</div></div>

PM me. Give me your info. If you want to RO we need to discuss that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: greentimber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hell, I'm in. I have some steel and don't mind helping to RO if needed.

Kyle

</div></div>

PM me. Give me your info. If you want to RO we need to discuss that. </div></div>

Going back over my list, I have 2 RSO's already. So, if one of them backs out you can help us. But at this time we are set! But, come enjoy the shoot! PM me your info if you would like to be on the list of shooters going.

To the shooters that are signing up or are confirmed.

I need to form a list of guys who are staying the whole weekend as I can block out rooms for us.

Please post here.... I will mark the list on page 1 with a @ when you have confirmed as to what you've decided.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 45.308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: captrichardson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Thanks,

I like the idea of scheduled event but I really hope it gets open to the public. That way we can say: I am heading to RockCastle this week who wants to go and call make a resv and show up. But, if this is what it takes I hope it works out. </div></div>

Well there is no minimum but Im not going to put in a months work of getting targets prepped. Hauling over 15 steel targets and then placing them one at a time with a UTV... thats a plate full of work and I have one or two guys helping me. Id like to get the full load of shooters and show Nick and RCSC that we all mean business in KY and surrounding states. That we WANT THIS RANGE for regular use and matches. This is a jumping off point. This weekend will show them we are here to stay and support their efforts for improvement. </div></div>

I totally understand.....not to make demands but I WILL join if we/I can have regular access either open to the public or monthly / bimontly shoots. I was there to drop my $100 last Aug but with out access, I really have no reason too.

I should know more at the end of next week about my plans..and if you have our cost. I will prob just do this shoot and wait to see about the access.

Thanks.....hope this works out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TresMon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Count me in!

Thanks! </div></div>

Have you PMed me yet?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: inalabama</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is a great idea. You could expect several alabama
shooters to be there. Here are my suggestions
*a two day shoot with hotel stay also allowing regist for 1 day/first day only
*2-3 shooting locations like the red barn, tobacco barn and the
ridge stages we just shot this weekend
*mostly ukd targets with a few kd's at very long distance
*targets in the woods/tree lines so we can practice for
future matches
*dont do kd fixed yardage target lines
Thats my 2cents. Please add me to the list
of "will show up".
</div></div>

Got you but who is the other person that is canceling on attendance?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To the shooters that are signing up or are confirmed.

I need to form a list of guys who are staying the whole weekend as I can block out rooms for us.

Please post here.... I will mark the list on page 1 with a @ when you have confirmed as to what you've decided. </div></div>

THIS! Guys I need to know. We are getting closer and closer. I will be out of town on Feb 3-7

Since I live just a couple of miles away, I think I've made it on the firing list. If I have to get a room I will. If I just have to pay my range fees that would be golden. I'm itching to get out there. Knocking on wood here for passable or better weather

9 slots left come on guys! The more the merrier!
We are putting in a lot of work for this..... moving A LOT of steel.

I am bringing two vehicles to get all the stuff up there, one hitched to a enclose trailer loaded with steel, and other stuff. The other vehicle is loaded down with another trailer which will have the UTV and target stands.

Not to mention the little target comp we will put on, I will post on it next...

I just had an hour long conversation with Nick Noble at RCSC. He wanted me to stress the fact that this shoot is what we make it, if it goes great and without a hitch they will consider making this a monthly event (dependent on weather).

Again, here are your fees for the weekend.

1) $40.00 for the whole weekend to shoot
2) $25.00 per single day of shooting with us.

Food and Room charges can be find in color on the first post.

Please Join us! This will be a good time and will hopefully push RCSC into more development of their range.

Re: Kentucky Members Shoot Feb 25-27th

<span style="color: #3366FF">The Cut off for Room reservations will be Feb 14. Please let me know by then if you all plan on staying there with the group you have to let me know by them so Nick can block out enough rooms! </span>

Monday, February the 14th is the last day to get on the list. We have exactly 25 slots available, we can't go over that due to the amount of targets we have to haul in there.

Post here and them PM me if your coming, and would like to stay the weekend.

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ~Ace~</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Need to add my Wife to the List. </div></div>

Then PM me.....

need name please.