• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Knights Armament parts availability

pineoak

Assistant Minion
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
Cary, North Carolina
How difficult is it to acquire parts for KAC rifles?

Considering an LRP or SR25 for my next build, but nobody around me owns a KAC. I've read a few comments that parts are hard to get for them, but that was years ago.

Would a mil spec like Seekins DMR suit me better over an LRP I can't get parts for? Open to suggestions.

Are the KAC guns that much better given the price difference? Almost double.

Cost isn't the issue, ability to keep the gun running is.

Last edited:
While I love my KAC (SR15 Mod 1), it's hard to recommend one these days because of the inflated cost. They aren't good values, and trying to source certain parts is insanely stupid. KAC doesn't really service the civi market, their bread and butter is mil/LE, and the civi market is a complete afterthought. Which drives the incredibly stupid resale market for KAC stuff.

I don't own a large frame AR, but I think you are much better off with Seekins or building your own. There's no value proposition to an SR25, unless you are a collector.

LMT is about as close as you can get to KAC in aesthetics, quality, and reliability. I can only speak for the accuracy of my LM8 but thus far it's been 5/8ths MOA with the only 5 shot group I've printed, which I was not expecting.
image_cropper_B4FE231D-4CE3-4C1D-A301-83503139B20A-79038-000024751FA76527.JPG

However a large part of my recent acquisition of firearms as of late has been clones. The LM8 isn't one but I am full steam ahead going to do an M110, that said it will likely be built off of an LMT quad as the SR25 RAS rail is unobtainable, retails at $700, and if you do find it you're paying well over that price. KAC IMHO wildly has the alure because it's so rare and expensive. Kinda how I wanted a NT4 forever but it's a heavy chunk that is outdated as all get out.

So LMT support is there, parts are readily available, and they offer a unique aspect of quick change barrels.

Though if you're wanting bolt gun accuracy I think seekins is the way. Seems more often than not that Seekins print tiny groups while being reliable.

It's an interesting dichotomy between the small frame AR and large frame. In the small frame market mil-spec contract guns to me aren't that special. It's so standardized that it's hard to really find an unreliable small frame 5.56 AR and many would argue there are plenty of companies putting out small frame ARs of much higher quality than the big mil contract stuff. Turn around the large frame is the exact opposite. The most reliable and accurate brands are all big contract guns. KAC, LMT, Seekins.

Reactions: Alarka
LMT is about as close as you can get to KAC in aesthetics, quality, and reliability. I can only speak for the accuracy of my LM8 but thus far it's been 5/8ths MOA with the only 5 shot group I've printed, which I was not expecting.
View attachment 8470901
However a large part of my recent acquisition of firearms as of late has been clones. The LM8 isn't one but I am full steam ahead going to do an M110, that said it will likely be built off of an LMT quad as the SR25 RAS rail is unobtainable, retails at $700, and if you do find it you're paying well over that price. KAC IMHO wildly has the alure because it's so rare and expensive. Kinda how I wanted a NT4 forever but it's a heavy chunk that is outdated as all get out.

So LMT support is there, parts are readily available, and they offer a unique aspect of quick change barrels.

Though if you're wanting bolt gun accuracy I think seekins is the way. Seems more often than not that Seekins print tiny groups while being reliable.

It's an interesting dichotomy between the small frame AR and large frame. In the small frame market mil-spec contract guns to me aren't that special. It's so standardized that it's hard to really find an unreliable small frame 5.56 AR and many would argue there are plenty of companies putting out small frame ARs of much higher quality than the big mil contract stuff. Turn around the large frame is the exact opposite. The most reliable and accurate brands are all big contract guns. KAC, LMT, Seekins.

The new NT4 PRG looks cool and is actually available, for those who want the NT4 look but modern performance.

The new NT4 PRG looks cool and is actually available, for those who want the NT4 look but modern performance.

interesting. im surprised they did that. my OG NT4 is still awesome. built like a tank, will outlast everything else manmade.

when the world ends itll just be the cockroaches left carrying around NT4 QDSS to live in like a 5th wheel or something

Reactions: 1911hombre
I've owned rifles from Larue, JP Rifles, H&K, Wilson Combat, FN, and a few custom builds. None have been better than my KAC SR-15s (mod 2) and my SR-25 APC. It's not just the reliability and accuracy, but also the weight, fit, and feel. I realize not all agree, but KAC is my preference and I'm willing to spend a little extra $$$ to have them.

(BTW, the SR-25 was rated the top AR-10 in an extensive test on YouTube uploaded just a few weeks ago: .)

Having said that, KAC parts are scarce and—following the law of supply and demand—typically are expensive when you can find them. Of course, you already know this.

Right now, you can find new SR-15 uppers in 11.5, 14.5, and 16.5 on Gunbroker and a few other auction/private sales site (e.g., AR.com). They run from $1900-2400. I did buy a complete SR-15 back in 2022 for $3200. I probably could sell mine right now for around the same price (or more).

I currently don't buy KAC SR-15 lowers as (1) they are way overpriced ($800 for stripped to $1500-1800 for complete lowers) and (2) because I typically replace most factory lower parts with my own preferred parts (e.g., Geissele trigger, Geissele maritime bolt catch, Mission First stock), I'm not paying that much just for a roll mark. I recommend buying an LMT stripped lower (Defender-L or Mars-L) and building it out with your preferred parts. I have an SR-15 with the 3.2 bolt on an LMT Defender-L lower and the fit is excellent!

Building an SR-15 LRP now will be near impossible, as the LRP 18-inch upper has long been discontinued. I think I've seen two LRP uppers for sale on Gunbroker or AR15.com over the last couple of years, and they were well north of $4000. I would love to own an LRP, but I've pretty much given up that quest.

You might find an SR-25 upper for around $4500 ($6500 for 6.5C). Again, I'd go with an LMT or Seekins lower. I was fortunate to find a like new complete SR-25 APC a couple of years ago for $5000. If you can find them, they go for north of $8000 now on the secondary market.

KAC suppressors are another story. There are two new models—the 7.62 CRS QDC, PRG and the 5.56 CRS QDC, PRT—that are in stock at KAC dealers and for sale on Gunbroker. The sale price is around $1800 each, but I picked up a 5.56 and 7.62 for less on Gunbroker auctions. (Surprisingly, I received ATF approval in 2 days after my form 4 submission!). Haven't had them to the range yet, but reviews are good. Love the Knights QDC system.

Knights plans to sell the new KS-1 5.56 rifle on the civilian market in the next year or two. Right now, the company is busy providing them to the British Royal Marines.

Keep checking at Knights dealers such as Presample Depot, Operation Parts, Freedom Trading, Riflegear, and Rooftop Defense. Get on email in-stock notification lists. When you do, act fast because the part typically is sold out in a few minutes. Also, keep searching on Gunbroker.

Last edited:
And OP, Seekins makes the best current large frame IMO from a value perspective. I would take a Seekins over an LMT or JP. KAC in 6.5cm would be hard to pass one, but they are over twice the price of a seekins you can get for 2500.

Reactions: kthomas
I've owned rifles from Larue, JP Rifles, H&K, Wilson Combat, FN, and a few custom builds. None have been better than my KAC SR-15s (mod 2) and my SR-25. It's not just the reliability and accuracy, but also the weight, fit, and feel. I realize not all agree, but KAC is my preference and I'm willing to spend a little extra $$$ to have them.

(BTW, the SR-25 was rated the top AR-10 in an extensive test on YouTube uploaded just a few weeks ago: .)

Having said that, KAC parts are scarce and—following the law of supply and demand—typically are expensive when you can find them. Of course, you already know this.

Right now, you can find new SR-15 uppers in 11.5, 14.5, and 16.5 on Gunbroker and a few other auction/private sales site (e.g., AR.com). They run from $1900-2400. I did buy a complete SR-15 back in 2022 for $3200. I probably could sell mine right now for around the same price (or more).

I currently don't buy KAC SR-15 lowers as (1) they are way overpriced ($800 for stripped to $1500-1800 for complete lowers) and (2) because I typically replace most factory lower parts with my own preferred parts (e.g., Geissele trigger, Radian charging handles, Geissele maritime bolt catch, Mission First stock), I'm not paying that much just for a roll mark. I recommend buying an LMT stripped lower (Defender-L or Mars-L) and building it out with your preferred parts. I have an SR-15 with the 3.2 bolt on an LMT Defender-L lower and the fit is excellent!

Building an SR-15 LRP now will be near impossible, as the LRP 18-inch upper has long been discontinued. I think I've seen two LRP uppers for sale on Gunbroker or AR15.com over the last couple of years, and they were well north of $4000. I would love to own an LRP, but I've pretty much given up that quest.

You might find an SR-25 upper for around $4500 ($6500 for 6.5C). Again, I'd go with an LMT or Seekins lower. I was fortunate to find a like new complete SR-25 a couple of years ago for $5000. If you can find them, they go for north of $8000 now.

KAC suppressors are another story. There are two new models—the 7.62 CRS QDC, PRG and the 5.56 CRS QDC, PRT—that are in stock at KAC dealers and for sale on Gunbroker. The sale price is around $1800 each, but I picked up a 5.56 and 7.62 for less on Gunbroker auctions. (Surprisingly, I received ATF approval in 2 days after my form 4 submission!). Haven't had them to the range yet, but reviews are good. Love the Knights QDC system.

Knights plans to sell the new KS-1 5.56 rifle on the civilian market in the next year or two. Right now, the company is busy providing them to the British Royal Marines.

Keep checking at Knights dealers such as Presample Depot, Operation Parts, Freedom Trading, Riflegear, and Rooftop Defense. Get on email in-stock notification lists. When you do, act fast because the part typically is sold out in a few minutes. Also, keep searching on Gunbroker.

The LRP is not discontinued technically, they just haven't made them for a while. I am actually on a wait list with lawman's for a LRP upper, if and when they make them again.

Also, MSRP on a lower is closer to $1050. They haven't been $800 for a while and IMO are still a good buy. Full ambi lower, one of the best triggers on the market and they hold their value like no other. I just picked up 2 more and almost thought of selling one before deciding it was dumb.

Selling my LRP Mod 1 was one of the biggest regrets ive made in the firearms world. I need to fix it.

The LRP is not discontinued technically, they just haven't made them for a while. I am actually on a wait list with lawman's for a LRP upper, if and when they make them again.

Selling my LRP Mod 1 was one of the biggest regrets ive made in the firearms world. I need to fix it.

What did you like about your LRP that you couldn't accomplish from buying/building another upper or rifle?

What did you like about your LRP that you couldn't accomplish from buying/building another upper or rifle?
It was the most accurate AR I have ever owned or built.

Basically a SR15 with an 18" Krieger barrel that shot Black Hills 69smk into a ragged hole. Legit Half Moa gun.

I think they were like $22 or 2300 when the SR15 was going for like 1800. Absolute steal, I should have bought 20 of them and thrown in safe.

I think they may have brought the barrel making in house at some point, but not sure about that. They haven't made them for a number of years so no idea if they make them again, what they will have.

Reactions: kthomas
It was the most accurate AR I have ever owned or built.

Basically a SR15 with an 18" Krieger barrel that shot Black Hills 69smk into a ragged hole. Legit Half Moa gun.

I think they were like $22 or 2300 when the SR15 was going for like 1800. Absolute steal, I should have bought 20 of them and thrown in safe.

I think they may have brought the barrel making in house at some point, but not sure about that. They haven't made them for a number of years so no idea if they make them again, what they will have.

The LPRs were always intriguing to me. I wouldn't mind an LPR upper to mate up with my SR15 Mod 1 for more precision work.

I've heard mixed things about the precision of the LPR, I could never really figure out if they were actually issues, or ar15 people (like arfcomers) who didn't know how to shoot to the potential of their rifles.

@Jack_L - any plans on bringing back the LPR?

The LPRs were always intriguing to me. I wouldn't mind an LPR upper to mate up with my SR15 Mod 1 for more precision work.

I've heard mixed things about the precision of the LPR, I could never really figure out if they were actually issues, or ar15 people (like arfcomers) who didn't know how to shoot to the potential of their rifles.

@Jack_L - any plans on bringing back the LPR?
The LPRs on order will be fulfilled when we can, but there is not a current plan to release an 18" 416R 5.56 rifle in the "new" (Mod 2.6) line.
The fulfillment of backordered LPRs will be with a barrel that meets the performance requirements of the previously supplied barrels.

For the money the Seekins SP10 is the way to go. Ran one last year with a CGS Helios suppressor when shooting PRS gas gun and have zero complaints. Great gun and great company. Since then I’ve ended up with a few Knights guns and all have been exceptional. Also running the new knights cans on all of them in both small and large frame. Their systems just work. I believe the SP10 is 95% of the Knights but for that extra 5% you’re going to pay double and deal with support delays if they ever break. It’s like sports cars. The C8ZO6 is 90% of a Ferrari 296GTB and most drivers could never approach the limits of either but drive the Ferrari and the spirit is different or take either to cars and coffee and see which makes more of an impact. Smart money SP10 but treating yourself or want the absolute best then get KAC.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coffee_and_Pipes
Reactions: AustinP69
Big KAC fanboy here but I have to agree with the others, at current values/secondary market asking prices, the juice isn't worth the squeeze IMHO. I've had multiple LRP's and SR-25's along with a dozen or more SR-15/16's and a SR-30. I only have two SR-15's and the SR-30 still in my possession, the others have been sold off for silly prices. I have no plans to sell the remaining KAC rifles/cans as they are all NFA items but I am planning to add a KS1 when they become available to the civilian market. Even with the multiple minor QC issues in the recent past, I find LMT to be a better value at 95% of the quality and pedigree and they have been my go to for the past few years.

Noveske is about to drop new N6's with a switchblock and SOLGW has a second gen Mk10 coming out very soon. You'll be out the door for $5000 or less in both cases.

I'm agnostic as to KAC versus XXX due to cost and availability in general - my experience with Noveske and SOLGW leads me to believe you'll get a good rifle with a real warranty if a shooter is what you're after. If you want a specific name attached to that - amen, for the moment, it is still a free country...

I think Sons are $3ish but I don't know anything about the Gen 2 upgrayydds or pricing, and I don't have a dog in that hunt. Did take their armorers class and several guys in LE had their Mk10's and they seem to be working, but I've never dropped a hammer on one.

anyone have anything to say about the performance? i may preorder
It's basically a modernized NT4-QDSS, with low backpressure and first-round flash reduction. Still incredibly robust.

Overall Length: 6.4” (16.3 cm)
Addition to bare muzzle: 5.9” (15 cm)
Weight: 19.8 oz (561.3 g)
SPL 1m Left: 139 dBA
SPL At Ear: 134 dBA
1st Round Flash: 1.87 mcd*s
2nd Round Flash: 0.18 mcd*s

It's basically a modernized NT4-QDSS, with low backpressure and first-round flash reduction. Still incredibly robust.

Overall Length: 6.4” (16.3 cm)
Addition to bare muzzle: 5.9” (15 cm)
Weight: 19.8 oz (561.3 g)
SPL 1m Left: 139 dBA
SPL At Ear: 134 dBA
1st Round Flash: 1.87 mcd*s
2nd Round Flash: 0.18 mcd*s

im an original QDSS user for over a decade now, its my preferred 556 can and i havr several muzzle devices on ARs setup to accept it. this new offering is right up my alley.

hopefully it still has that low pleasant tone we all love.

For the SP10, 6.5CM would be the rec round?

For the DMR (small frame Seekins AR), 6mm ARC or 5.56wylde?
I would go with the Giesslle GFR stratomatch is 6 arc in small frame. It has some secret sauce that makes it worth the price over the seekins, even though I like seekins barrel nut/handguard design better.

Reactions: pineoak
Noveske is about to drop new N6's with a switchblock and SOLGW has a second gen Mk10 coming out very soon. You'll be out the door for $5000 or less in both cases.

I'm agnostic as to KAC versus XXX due to cost and availability in general - my experience with Noveske and SOLGW leads me to believe you'll get a good rifle with a real warranty if a shooter is what you're after. If you want a specific name attached to that - amen, for the moment, it is still a free country...
Noveske stopped being relevant when John died. They haven't come out with one notable innovation since.

I have an extra KAC LPR Complete new rifle in shipping box I’m thinking of listing in PX. If I do I will list a KAC 11.5” upper in box with it.

Only reason I’ve not done so is prices are difficult to determine as none seem to show up for sale.

I have an extra KAC LPR Complete new rifle in shipping box I’m thinking of listing in PX. If I do I will list a KAC 11.5” upper in box with it.

Only reason I’ve not done so is prices are difficult to determine as none seem to show up for sale.

Mod 1 or 2 LPR?

Noveske stopped being relevant when John died. They haven't come out with one notable innovation since.
Counterpoint - I'm less concerned with innovation that launching metal reliably and accurately. My experience is they're still doing that the right way. I'm trying to get a bullet out of a barrel.

I'm fine with a 30 or 70 or 100+ year old system (I'm thinking of HK USP, AR, 1911 and various revolvers) if it accomplishes my goal reliably. There is something to be said for established and done right. For those of you on the cutting edge of competition - we salute you and appreciate that you're figuring out better ways.

Big KAC fanboy here but I have to agree with the others, at current values/secondary market asking prices, the juice isn't worth the squeeze IMHO. I've had multiple LRP's and SR-25's along with a dozen or more SR-15/16's and a SR-30. I only have two SR-15's and the SR-30 still in my possession, the others have been sold off for silly prices. I have no plans to sell the remaining KAC rifles/cans as they are all NFA items but I am planning to add a KS1 when they become available to the civilian market. Even with the multiple minor QC issues in the recent past, I find LMT to be a better value at 95% of the quality and pedigree and they have been my go to for the past few years.

Pretty much. I still respect the engineering that they goes into their stuff, but at this point, the AR is a very mature platform and even if you went with some mid grade(BCM), mid length upper, you are not practically losing much compared to insert your favorite gucci brand.

If there is ever a question on parts available with KAC, just remember, they have had people waiting for over 5 years at this point for them to complete their lunchbox special rifle with no end in sight.

Kac makes really good stuff, but not anything that's good enough to warrant having to wait more than a few weeks.