• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

KYL Spinner

MarkCZ

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2018
I made up a small KYL spinner, for 100 yds shooting. I am limited to 100yds due to corn being high, so I need something small to shoot at 100yds. I used 1/2" thick 1" gongs turned on side. I have 1/2", 1" and 1.5". I wanted the see how they spin before welding the 1" and 1.5" together. But after shoot them, I going the leaving as is. I can shoot each separate. I ran it many times hitting all 5 without missing. once both way without missing, with a Tikka T1x, and Kidd Supergrade.

Mark

71srb8.jpg

Somebody posted one similar not too long ago. Well done. I totally stole the idea. Mine is similar. I used various thicknesses so now i have 7/8, 3/4, 5/8, 1/2, 3/8, and 1/4. Mine don't spin though.......they swing back and his the down slope of my bullet trap which dumps the projectiles into a box filled with rubber mulch. Its fun but a little easy at 50 yards. At 80 yds the 1/4" is pretty challenging. I set it up next to a 4' stand alone, and a 3" 2" 1" spinner so i've got from 4" all the way down to 1/4"-Norcal911

Reactions: lash
Yes....i used targets from the same place. 5/8 is the thickest they have. I played around with the fractions and welded a couple together to get my 3/4 and 7/8. No.....i'm not capable of welding AR500, i just used my little wire feeder as hot as i could get it and did a lot of welding/grinding. My thoughts were.....its only rimfire and a failure has no consequences. So far its holding together. If i can send somebody a picture i'd love to post it.....not to brag (my welding skills are atrocious) but to get you guys building these things.....they're a lot of fun. My picture posting skills are worse than my welding skills-Norcal