Larue MBT-2s Trigger

I have this on my OBR 7.62. I replaced the SSA that the rifle came with. For precision work I preferred the MBT vs SSA. I have a SSA-E flat trigger in another rifle which is great for precision as well. At its price point the MBT is hard to beat.

I have half a dozen give or take. in my opinion they are a better trigger than the SSA-E, especially for precision work. They're all I will buy anymore for AR platforms; all my SSA's and SSA-E's are in my pistols and bump-in-the-night guns.

Reactions: ed308
I know the OP has already ordered, but I’ll go ahead and chime in with my worthlessness...

MBT is the only way to go for ARs. I know ML gets a lot of hate on SH, but his MBT is fuckin tits. I haven’t tried the TriggerTech AR trigger kit, but I’m hard pressed to spend the money when I’m perfectly content with my MBT (despite loving my R700 TT). Dudes who prefer to measure triggers in ounces rather than pounds might hate on it, but they can ETADIK. ;)

I’m running half a dozen or so right now, they are kicking all the other triggers out of my AR. Have spares and every time I pull out a rifle without one I make the switch before taking it to the range:giggle:

Reactions: Docsherm and ed308
My accidental Larue trigger discovery: The wide, flat faced, lightly curved trigger shape of the curved LaRue trigger is 100% optimized, IMO. It is a dead ringer for both that in both my AXMC as well as the aftermarket ZEV Glock triggers I like to use. This level of consistency in trigger engagement weapon to weapon has to be experienced to be fully appreciated.

I have two of these. They are really good triggers. I had to use the heavier spring to get a good reset in my DD rifles. With the light trigger spring on it, the trigger would reset too slow. They are perfect for carbine use.

if you are building a precision AR you may want to spring for the SSA-E as it has a lighter pull. I do think the SSA-E is a better trigger but too light for a carbine. Other than that the Larue trigger is by far the best bang for the buck and all I use.

I had the LaRue MBT for about eight months, a clean and consistent break; however, the reset was slow and not pronounced as it is with the SSA and SSA-E. The only reason I did not use the heavy trigger spring was that I like to keep all my semi-auto triggers relatively the same weight at 3.5lbs. If you are doing any rapid-fire with your AR, I recommend the SSA-E if you want a lighter trigger pull.

Reactions: lawofsavage
I had the LaRue MBT for about eight months, a clean and consistent break; however, the reset was slow and not pronounced as it is with the SSA and SSA-E. The only reason I did not use the heavy trigger spring was that I like to keep all my semi-auto triggers relatively the same weight at 3.5lbs. If you are doing any rapid-fire with your AR, I recommend the SSA-E if you want a lighter trigger pull.
Same thing I was talking about. The heavy spring is a must. I do think the SSA is a better carbine trigger then the LaRu, but not worth three times the cost. Which is why I use the LaRue. The SSA-E is too light for a carbine in my opinion.

If you like single stage triggers they are also awesome. I highly recommend the single stage MBT. It is smooth.
I have heard both good and bad reviews of the single stage. The negatives all said tons of creep, others have said theirs are crisp. Idk what that’s about.
I decided against it and ordered a CMC

I have heard both good and bad reviews of the single stage. The negatives all said tons of creep, others have said theirs are crisp. Idk what that’s about.
I decided against it and ordered a CMC

I have both the CMC and the MBT. I like the MBT much better. CMC was my go to before i tried the MBT.

When they (larue mbt) was introduced it was at or little over 200 bucks Mark has done a awesome job in terms of quality, price and passion nothing to hate there and he supplies two different springs if you seen my empty can pile you might think I a fan. Larue puts out quality stuff you can always find cheaper but better? Bill Geissele is another company that has awesome high quality products anything they do is exceptional like larue and no I'm not a spokesman paid or otherwise for either. Besides the dillo dust is a freebie actually it's not bad at all.

The Larue MBT-2s punches above it's weight class for sure. I have 1 installed on my precision large frame AR and it's awesome. I have a Geiselle SD-E and G2S and the Larue breaks just as crisp.

Reactions: cafemike
wilson ttu and larue mbt are the only triggers I run now. My mws rifles however, have the lmt 2 stage triggers as I like them enough not to switch out. Anything I buy however, wc or the larue all day

I had a couple of Geissele triggers and need another, but wanted to try something cheaper. Picked up one of these based on raving reviews. It exceeded my expectations. I now have 2 MBT's and need another. I actually prefer the break over my G.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
I have two, I like them a little better than the Rock River. Buying the Larue is a no brainer. Mark is a total perfectionist and a true patriot. You just can't beat this.

Came in and got it installed. Really liking it. Smooth take-up and breaks clean and pretty crisp with a little jitter. Likely will get even better with a bit of time.

Appreciate everyones feedback.

20190213_122054.jpg