Larue MBT-2s Trigger

I used a JP (red/yellow) spring kit for a 3.5 break with my MBT for about $11 it’s a must.

Could you be more specific? I looked at JP's site and couldn't find a red/yellow kit.
Also, most kit they have says you must use JP trigger parts to see any improvement.

Have you experienced any FTF due to light primer strikes?

Thx., TP

Could you be more specific? I looked at JP's site and couldn't find a red/yellow kit.
Also, most kit they have says you must use JP trigger parts to see any improvement.

Have you experienced any FTF due to light primer strikes?

Thx., TP

The red/yellow kit is called " JP Reliability Enhanced Kit", JPS3.5T. Some users have reported light strike with this combo.

I've used the "JP Tactical Spring Kit", JPS4.0 for years without issue. It works very well with ALG QMS/ACT trigger.

I just got 2 of the mbt2s’ in the other day. Before even receiving them I knew they would be a “decent“ trigger but they were more appealing to me because of the price and knowing it would be quality but might not feel as good as a Geiselle.. got one installed in a lower and I am definitely digging it for the price. Before installing it I inspected it rather closely and was even more glad about my decision based on the obvious quality of machining.. I don’t regret the decision at all and the second one I bought will be kept in the package as a spare for when/if my rra 2 stage gives up on me.. btw, I do have a Geiselle NM in another ar but it is in a different class of triggers.

The red/yellow kit is called " JP Reliability Enhanced Kit", JPS3.5T. Some users have reported light strike with this combo.

I've used the "JP Tactical Spring Kit", JPS4.0 for years without issue. It works very well with ALG QMS/ACT trigger.
Yes I’ve had some light strikes on Mil spec ammo and I use the LaRue factory springs in my rifles that I shoot mil spec ammo with, but my LaRue 6.5 CM I only shoot Hornady hunting/match Ammo Out of it and zero problems, But if your going to shoot every kind of ammo out of your rifle go with Stackon212’s JPS4.0 kit suggestion.

I had a Geissele SSA in my SPR and thought it was a great trigger. Then I bought an MBT-2S for my Grendel build and thought it was pretty dang good, too. So I sold the SSA to fund 2 more MBT-2S. Now that they have a flat-bow version, I think I'll be buying another soon.

Larue MBT is hands down the best trigger at $100 price point.

Whether it's comparable to SSA-E is subjective. SSA is more for the mil crowd.

I have one of the most expensive GEISSELLE AR trigger, SSF Sopmod. Honestly, it's not worth $400.

My cheap trigger upgrades are ALG QMS and Larue MBT.