Larue MBT-2s Trigger

Mark is kind of a dick head but some of his stuff is good.
The MBT is the best trigger short of a g NM

I guess you're not aware of this. In June, Mark lowered the price on this trigger to $80 and pledged to donate $10 from each unit sold to Stephen Stamboulieh, an attorney involved in multiple 2A cases on our behalf. So yes, he's a little opinionated at time. But his money goes where his heart is, which makes him a good lad in my book.

Yeah I know he does do some good stuff I buy a ton of the nolo contendre Dillos he sells where the money goes towards 2a attorney.

That’s why I said he is kind of a dickhead. Not just a full blown dick head lol

Last edited:
Reactions: ChadL
Yeah I know he does do some good stuff I buy a ton of the nolo contendre Dillos he sells where the money goes towards 2a attorney.

That’s why I said he is kind of a dickhead. Not just a full blown dick head lol

He is a dickhead-just like most successful people. You almost have to be. You don't think Bill Belicheck, Tom Brady, Bill Gates etc aren't huge dickheads? It doesn't mean you don't do good things-especially when they help you in the long run wink wink-. Larue doesn't care what people think of him-which includes you and me and his fanbois who blow him too! :ROFLMAO:

Man those MBT-2s are getting priced way down there. I paid a full $200 for one when they first came out and almost broke a finger reaching for my wallet when I saw them drop down to $99 a couple years back. Very nice triggers.

Reactions: deersniper
I have been a diehard SSA-E fan for a long while. I bought one of the 2 Stage MBTs last week after a buddy raved about them.
I hate how much I like this trigger haha. The break is cleaner than my Gs. No issues with reset using the light spring either. I'll be buying several more of these.

IMG_2222.jpeg

I know the OP has already ordered, but I’ll go ahead and chime in with my worthlessness...

MBT is the only way to go for ARs. I know ML gets a lot of hate on SH, but his MBT is fuckin tits. I haven’t tried the TriggerTech AR trigger kit, but I’m hard pressed to spend the money when I’m perfectly content with my MBT (despite loving my R700 TT). Dudes who prefer to measure triggers in ounces rather than pounds might hate on it, but they can ETADIK. ;)

Mark Larue is a fucking tool with a fud fanbase. His mounts are also old and outdated.

Yup I said it...… waiting for the Larue fanboy fuck fest lol

Scott

Reactions: M8541Reaper
Does anyone on here know if any US military uses and trusts the Larue triggers on their battle rifles? I know their mounts are widely used by military personal. Thanks

No. Geissele is the go to trigger for SOCOM and by and far larue mounts have fallen out of favor. Geissele has pretty much taken over for accessories for SF.

Scott

Reactions: SS108
No. Geissele is the go to trigger for SOCOM and by and far larue mounts have fallen out of favor. Geissele has pretty much taken over for accessories for SF.

Scott

I’d have to look at SF specifically but I know Marines just adopted LT mounts as their issued mount. Last time I was at an Army range most of the ACOGs had LT mounts. SF has very different money so it would be hard to say SF as a community does any one thing IMHO.

I’d have to look at SF specifically but I know Marines just adopted LT mounts as their issued mount. Last time I was at an Army range most of the ACOGs had LT mounts. SF has very different money so it would be hard to say SF as a community does any one thing IMHO.

So far in 8 years I've been in the army. I've seen 1 larue mount and it was on a bipod.

What you see is dependent upon who you see.

I personally worked with a dozen NATO SF training in the U.S. in October. They were using LaRue mounts.

One SF outfit showed up for training at K&M early this year with LaRue .260 P'tOBR's, LaRue suppressors, and LaRue scope mounts, plus RRS tripods, Wilcox RAPTARs with LaRue mounts, etc. All cutting edge kit.

Better question is where is he stationed.

Perhaps but after 8 years he should have at least three duty stations.

First one I saw was nine years ago, pretty sure it wasn’t unit funded someone just left it after deployment. I’ve seen them at every duty station since. We received a ton of ACOGs since I’ve been here and close to a majority of them arrived in LT mounts. Wish the armorer was around, not gonna take a picture of every weapon but I’d grab a pic of one rack. When I was at division I don’t think I saw any so maybe he’s just a soft skill.

Last edited:
Reactions: M8541Reaper

First one I saw was nine years ago, pretty sure it wasn’t unit funded someone just left it after deployment. I’ve seen them at every duty station since. We received a ton of ACOGs since I’ve been here and close to a majority of them arrived in LT mounts. Wish the armored was around, not gonna take a picture of every weapon but I’d grab one of one rack. But when I was at division I don’t think I saw any so maybe he’s just a soft skill.

You can tell a lot about what people do by the duty station. I spent 16 of m 24 years at Bragg. I saw a ton of LT products. Matter of fact I used a ton of them. Only optic mount I will use.

Mark should be considered like Trump - don't worry about what you hear, instead, watch what he accomplishes.

LaRue .260s have been in the field with multiple services killing bad guys for years.
His mounts have been tested and exclusively used by the Corps since like 2008??? and he just shipped some 4,000 more in October.
His triggers are machined from S7 tool steel and sell for $80, not cast and selling for $240. I wish I had the picture, but Todd Hodnett has been training our operators for years and used to keep mason jars full of busted G cast triggers.
G supposedly obtained a no-compete direct award contract for what, $4M for his rails that were never mil-tested and that supposedly deform when dropped and supposedly do not hold zero as well as a M4 when banged around. Supposedly CRANE had them pulled from the field. Note - qualifying language added to try and stave off being sued by G -yeah, he does that too.

First one I saw was nine years ago, pretty sure it wasn’t unit funded someone just left it after deployment. I’ve seen them at every duty station since. We received a ton of ACOGs since I’ve been here and close to a majority of them arrived in LT mounts. Wish the armorer was around, not gonna take a picture of every weapon but I’d grab a pic of one rack. When I was at division I don’t think I saw any so maybe he’s just a soft skill.

You would be correct. I Was in Germany from for my first enlistment, Fort Bliss for my Second, and fort hood for current.

What you see is dependent upon who you see.

I personally worked with a dozen NATO SF training in the U.S. in October. They were using LaRue mounts.

One SF outfit showed up for training at K&M early this year with LaRue .260 P'tOBR's, LaRue suppressors, and LaRue scope mounts, plus RRS tripods, Wilcox RAPTARs with LaRue mounts, etc. All cutting edge kit.

You are probly right. I have a buddy in 7th Group and they are all Mark larue haters and all there shit has Geiselle Products.

Slow reset with MBT-2S?

I milled a plastic lower and put a MBT in it.
Slow or missed reset was tracked down to pocket depth, I think.
I cut minimum width and depth, sanded for free movement and had to go back and cut the depth a little just under the rear of the trigger.
Here's a pic of the difference between a typical Mil-Spec single stage and the MBT.
This is the spot that those silly trigger adjusting screws hit.
P1010829.jpg

LOL. Agreed. Im working on my Warrant Packet. Imma go fly me some helicopters.

Wings are for fairies and runways are for models. Helicopters all the way, man! If you have any heli specific questions, let me know. I went the private route, but am always down to talk helis!

To keep this relevant, I have the MBT-2S in every AR build I own and absolutely love them. Geissele makes a mean trigger, but for the price, Larue got it right!

Reactions: cafemike and Zeroit
I'll echo what everyone else has already said, for the value they are an amazing trigger and I have put them in AR builds of all sizes and calibers. One other thing I'll mention, if you pick one up and it doesn't seem to suit your taste, they seem to hold their value amazingly well. The few I've seen get listed on the PX and on other sites get snatched up pretty quickly at just a few dollars less then what you can buy them new for so there isn't alot of risk in trying them out.

Like others have said, great trigger for the price. My only issue has been fitment. The wide trigger does not fit in all of by billet lowers, and I have had some safety clearance issues as well.