Left Handed AIAW consigment/installments

Dsparil

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2006
Albrightsville, PA
Recently got hired by an LEO agency and don't have car payments to make, so I'm thinking of getting one in .308 in left hand and pay it in installments(I guess this would be my car payment
wink.gif
) Contacted SRT about it and waiting to see if they'll do it but if not try to find someone who will. Got an ops inc can and a vortex razor HD that would love to be on one and after getting to check one out at a Houston Armory meet I'm kind of sold on this gun $6.5k or not.

If SRT doesn't go for it, anyone know a dealer that would be willing to do monthly installments to pay one off?

Re: Left Handed AIAW consigment/installments

The only problem is they might not mind you making payments on it but they would give you the rifle after it is paid for and thus does you no good now. Try to approach them with a contract type agreement, Something like X amount of dollars per month until paid. Consequences of not paying would be up to you guys. I think they should offer something like that. Some people like myself have a darn hard time coming up with money like that. Just too hard but if I approached it like a monthly payment if would be much more attractive.

OR, do it the old fashioned way.

Sell anything you don't need and save the rest. Then just buy it when you have saved enough.

This "instant gratification" thing gets WAY too many folks in trouble. It's burned me in the past.

Also I would be extremely surprised to find a dealer who is willing to send a customer a rifle that you haven't fully paid for.

What ive been told in general by companys with large purchases is sometimes they will split it up in 2 or 3 big payments but it has to be done within 90 days or something.

M24 do they send you the rifle after payment number 1 or after final payment???

You guys are right, the buyer would have to be very well trusted buy the seller. You never know though, it might be better to sell it in installment than have it sit in the warehouse for two months. Just a thought.

yeah the contract thing is what I'm looking for. Kind of like how I'd get my car and pay it off in installments monthly. like $200 a month or so but with an open window where if I do get more money I can make a BIG payment on it like say $500 a month every 3 or 4 months when the money comes. I mean I know I can get the sucker paid off in a year heh I'm just one of those guys who likes to have shit to run immediately. This would be a buy once cry once thing for me and this year is the time to do it for me since I don't have many bills and have a lot of money coming in.

As for sell shit I don't need, uh I'm pretty much there. I live a pretty frugal lifestyle. My two computers, my books, my Television and my safe full with about 4 guns in it. I don't own many guns but I like to shoot when I can. I don't own many luxurious commodities at all.

I doubt anyone would give you the rifle upfront, if someone does, please let me know as Id like a similar paying plan to get another AI.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I doubt anyone would give you the rifle upfront, if someone does, please let me know as Id like a similar paying plan to get another AI. </div></div>

if SRT doesn't wanna go for it, maybe TacPro since i'm in Texas as well and I do go down south every now and then to visit family. I'd be more than happy to sign a contract like one would with an auto dealership.

Enjoy the guns you own! Save your money and buy it down the road. "Want" is a strong desire, but must be tempered with sound judgement. The recent real estate fiasco is an example of how people get in over their heads - buying property they really couldn't afford. You will feel much better waiting until you have the money. Maybe you can get a law enforcement discount, or a similar duty weapon that you can use.