• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Leupold M5 or M5A2?

Re: Leupold M5 or M5A2?

If your concerned about weight like I am I don't see the need for the locking turret. Some people like them, I just dont have a need for them. I am going with the regular M5 dials.

Keep in mind that regular M5 is 30mm tube while M5A2 is 34mm. Lowlight did a review and had good things to say about M5A2 version. Personally, I ended up getting the M5/30mm version and am happy with it, although I am thinking of getting M5A2.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Andy T</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Keep in mind that regular M5 is 30mm tube while M5A2 is 34mm. </div></div>

Yes, I am aware - I am sure some of the weight is from the main tube, while the rest comes from the turrets.

Can you point me in the direction of the review?

I have a Leupold Mark 4 M5 ERT, as well as the M5A2. I can honestly say that the M5A2 is a completely different animal. Glass is noticeably more crisp and clear, and brighter.. The turrets are a step up, and the locking turret is pretty bad ass. Both models tract perfectly. I just love the way the M5A2 turrets feel in my fingers. Its a lot larger, and much beefier to manipulate. I love it.