• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Leupold...

TooTall

Private
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2009
Thompson Falls Montana
I have a Vari XIII in 6.5-20x40, that I bought new in '82. The first rifle I put it was a pre '64 .30-06. I carried around that rifle for about 6 years, then I pulled the scope and installed it on a .22-250.

It was on the 'Coyote' rifle for about 10 years, with a lot of scabbard use.
Then I gave the rifle to my Daughter, with open sights, to use.
So I put the scope on a 7 mag, in a Model 700, that was 1st year production, for a few years.

Then I decided to put it on a .223 WSSM, but had too many irons in the fire, and just got the barrel broke in.

So I thought I would send it back to Leupold to have the reticule changed to TMR, and a target knob installed on the elevation turret.

Then I would install it on the .300 WSM that Chris (LSR) made for me. And work on the drop chart.

Last night Leupold called me and said the threads on the elevation turret are damaged, and they are giving me a new scope, under Warranty.

Got to hand it to Leupold for their service.

Re: Leupold...

Damn that is awesome! I called them about my scope because it has a ffp upgrade that was done by Premier and they told me that if it's got their serial number they will warranty it. I know some guys had issues with getting warranty work done after Premier had worked on them, but hopefully it appears Leupold is taking care of them now. Glad to hear you had good luck with them as well

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Snipedogg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn that is awesome! I called them about my scope because it has a ffp upgrade that was done by Premier and they told me that if it's got their serial number they will warranty it. I know some guys had issues with getting warranty work done after Premier had worked on them, but hopefully it appears Leupold is taking care of them now. Glad to hear you had good luck with them as well </div></div>
Nice! The reason I'm looking at another Mk4...

They get a bad rep here and I'm sure it's well deserved or at least it seems like it but I love mine and after doing a tracking test with it and scoring my highest score in competition in just the first time I used the scope, I can't complain at all.

Thats what you call customer service.

Leupold will repair PR modded scopes but will put back to standard.
Shame over here that would then depreciate a good 60% then, just sold my last PR Leup.

Did have the genuine M1x16 Mark 4 a PR 35 modded jobby, awesome and my benchmark for optics. Only a March exceeds that one and a few Swaro Z6.

As a newer shooter I don't claim to be an expert at all, but maybe there are more complaints about Leupold simply because there are more of them out there.. Every time someone has a Leupold that goes down they assume that they should go with something higher dollar next time. But if someone with a USO or something goes down, they can't say that if they had spent more money they would have a better product, so they simply say "company X has great CS and will stand behind their product". That's awesome, but so will Leupold. I would hope that if I paid more than 2K for a scope there would be no issues at all..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats what you call customer service.

Leupold will repair PR modded scopes but will put back to standard.
Shame over here that would then depreciate a good 60% then, just sold my last PR Leup.

Did have the genuine M1x16 Mark 4 a PR 35 modded jobby, awesome and my benchmark for optics. Only a March exceeds that one and a few Swaro Z6. </div></div>

That's one thing I was worried about but now that Leupold offers an ffp model I figure if anything does happen to the reticle they would just replace it with one of their TMR reticles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah but they put it back to standard meaning standard ret and remove the booster. Even for a superficial repair such as replace a turret! </div></div>

Sent ya a PM