• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Lookee what just showed up ...

rustyinbend

GySgt USMC 1976-1992
Minuteman
  • Dec 9, 2018
    Bend, Oregon
    A new toy ... getting acquainted ... it's never as easy as it looks on the YouTube videos, is it?

I think I got one of the first "Gen-3-Plus" versions ... with a new single-speed motor and new belt assembly.

Once I've got this gadget totally figured out, I'll review the "Loves/Hates ... Happys/Sads ... Pros/Cons" for you guys.

First thing to figure out is why the #1 Collet doesn't center (6.5-CM, 300-WM, and 300-PRC) properly on the pilot ... when the other collets (300-BLK and 338-LM) center perfectly.
    (Pretty sure I've got a bad collet ... already asked Mr. Henderson for a new one.)

More soon ... as I travel the highway of learning, avoiding the potholes of ignorance.

1644867932340.png

I trust you've been able to get more acquainted with the trimmer over the last couple of months ... Did a new collet fix your case-centering issue?
    You trust correctly (getting better acquainted) ... and "Yes" (new collet fixed the centering issues). Absolutely LOVE this gadget ... mounted it to an InLine Fab baseplate so I can move it around to different locations on my bench. Also got the wall-mount "gadget-holder" to keep collets, cutters, stoppers, etc. all nicely organized.

Turns "hours" of awful work into "minutes" of simplicity ... Mr Henderson should get the "Medal of Freedom" for this invention.

You trust correctly (getting better acquainted) ... and "Yes" (new collet fixed the centering issues). Absolutely LOVE this gadget ... mounted it to an InLine Fab baseplate so I can move it around to different locations on my bench. Also got the wall-mount "gadget-holder" to keep collets, cutters, stoppers, etc. all nicely organized.

Turns "hours" of awful work into "minutes" of simplicity ... Mr Henderson should get the "Medal of Freedom" for this invention.
    What is this wall-mount "gadget-holder" you speak of? I’d like to find something better to keep collets, cutters, stoppers all organized.

Had it made-to-order by ... @STI_1911_Guy ... he is the "Demi-God of 3D Printing". He's got a couple of versions of this, but if you want this one, just tell him to make you one just like he made for me. Lots of other storage solutions too (Cleaning Rod Holder, Case Gauge Holder, Mandrel Holder, etc.). He can give you the full list.

1651293868554.png

Reactions: STI_1911_Guy