• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

LSU vs Ok St / Alabama?

Re: LSU vs Ok St / Alabama?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: anthony20031</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am not a fan of LSU, OSU, Bama, Stanford etc but the system is broken. Do you know that OSU finished behind Bama by 0.0086. DO you know one thing that is taken into consideration by the BCS standings? Coaches poll is taken into consideration. Saban put OSU 4th, Missouri who is trying to get into the SEC put OSU 5th etc. Seems like a conflict kinda doesn't it? Seems like a team that has more pull with other teams and coaches can try and skew the BCS slighlty to their advantage. </div></div>

Amen. People that have a dog in the hunt shouldn't have a vote. What if Gundy had a vote and would have put AL 5th? Might have made up that .0086.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: snowtop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's about the two best team, which are LSU & Bama. SEC has won the last 5 NATIONAL CAHPIONSHIP now the SEC will win number six. You can talk all day about what your team did the problem is "what your team didn't do". Do we need a play off system yes but it will never happen. It's called spread the wealth that's why we have 72 bowl games an teams with 6-6 records playing. Ever NCAA sport has a play off except FOOTBALL! <span style="color: #FF0000">To be honest the real reason why College football will never have a playoff is because more people will be pissed off when they have to watch 4 or more SEC team fighting for the Championship.</span> </div></div>

No, you win your conference, you get in the playoffs. Only one team from the SEC would be in the play offs AS IT SHOULD BE!

As to the which team is better, the computer puts OK St in front of Bama based on stats and actual quantifiable figures. COACHES POLL, which is biased, not based in stats but rather who the coaches feel is better placed Bama in the BSC #2 position. And you know damn well that it gets very political with coaches making back door agreements and deals as to how they will vote.

Alabama's only loss to #1 LSU in OT.
Stanford's only loss to a season-long national title contender, Oregon.

Oregon's only losses to #1 LSU and to a very good USC team.

Virginia Tech's two losses were to a pretty good Clemson team.

Arkansas' two losses were AT #1 LSU and AT #2 Alabama.

Then consider the debacle of losing to IOWA STATE.

There is no comparison in the losses here. That loss to ISU can't be forgiven. OSU would've been no better than 4th if I had a vote.

Which Conference gets to go SEC, Big 12, ACC, Big East, USA, Big Ten, Mid America, Mountain West, Pacitic -12, Sun Belt, WAC or IA Independents. Even If you choose all of them the best teams are not playing for the Championship. Teams can win their Conference an lose nonconference game how will that work out. The best team should play not Conference Champs Top 16 teams should play.

Guntard007,

So under your system with the conference champs being in a playoff 9 of the top 16 teams wouldn't be in the playoff? How does this decide which team is the best? The BCS is more effect than your system. Conference championships shouldn't have anything to do with the national championship. UCLA played for the PAC12 championship and if they would have one they should have a chance? I think we need a playoff but not 16 teams and certainly the conference championship games shouldn't have any thing to do with it.

Why is it just about losses? The quality of wins doesn't matter? The SEC is blinded by their arrogance and it will catch up with them. OSU had a bad loss no question. I am not disputing that fact and you cannot dispute the fact that they had more quality wins than AL. Outside of 3 teams, and I would argue two, the SEC sucked and AL didn't even play the strongest teams in the league except for LSU. It all comes down to the subjective view of the voters. It's not right to have this settled by voters. Especially voters that have something at stake. It needs to be settled on the field.

One last thing: Am I an OSU fan? Yes. I have season tickets. Does that make me biased? Probably somewhat.

Are you guys arguing for AL, AL fans? Probably so. So you might be a little biased as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Knife</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guntard007,

So under your system with the conference champs being in a playoff 9 of the top 16 teams wouldn't be in the playoff? How does this decide which team is the best? The BCS is more effect than your system. Conference championships shouldn't have anything to do with the national championship. UCLA played for the PAC12 championship and if they would have one they should have a chance? I think we need a playoff but not 16 teams and certainly the conference championship games shouldn't have any thing to do with it.

</div></div>

Just a thought: If the conference Champ Games shouldn't have anything to do w/it, why play them???

Not saying they shouldn't be played they are for the conference championship, I am saying that just so a team doesn't win there conference doesn't mean they are worse than a team that does win a different conference championship. Look at South Carolina and Clemson. I am saying in a playoff system the top however many teams should be in regardless if they win there conference or not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3rdgss</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> "The SEC is blinded by their arrogance and it will catch up with them." " Outside of 3 teams, and I would argue two, the SEC sucked and AL didn't even play the strongest teams in the league except for LSU. "
</div></div>

Its pointless trying to argue with people from Oklahoma right now.

Since the SEC is SO OVERRATED in these current times, please explain their 7-0 record in the NC game, not their winning record, their UNDEFEATED record.

Oklahoma State's only blatant advantage over Alabama was they won their conference even though they didn't have a championship game so they are going to ride the conference champion fact to death.

I think all the non SEC whiners need a crying towel & a time out. What has it been ? 4 or 5 STRAIGHT Years that the BCS champ came from the SEC ?? Let's not forget that one season(2004) one of the SEC teams was un-defeated but didn't play for the BCS championship. The Heisman isn't fair, the BCS is worse and LIFE isn't fair. Get over it.

It probably is pointless. To get this close then be shot down is kinda hard for us to take. All I'm saying is that while the top two team in the SEC may well be the best two teams in the country, the rest of the league is very average. Ark and GA probably would have finished in the top four of the Big 12 but the other teams would not have. If every week in college football is like the playoffs, AL had their shot. They lost on their home field. It is not right that they get a second chance to beat LSU in "my opinion."

I bet we see at least a +1 format in a year or two
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Will</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think all the non SEC whiners need a crying towel & a time out. </div></div>

Whole family has been OSU fans forever. Grandparents, parents and I went there. This is the first time I or any other OSU fan has had something to whine and cry about so by God I am going to cry!

Did OSU have a perfect season & get left out of the top game this year ?? Don't think so ... oh well, some have different variables for crying. Football isn't one of them for me. Better luck next year or maybe a better system next year ?? Who knows, who cares & will it really make a difference 10 years down the road ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3rdgss</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Outside of 3 teams, and I would argue two, the SEC sucked and AL didn't even play the strongest teams in the league except for LSU.
</div></div>

WHAT??

Alabama didn't play the strongest teams in the league except LSU? What are you talking about? Arkansas, Auburn, MSU was set to be a spoiler. The East was full of losers this year. Who? Georgia? Got embarrassed by an overrated BSU. South Carolina? They're the same joke they've always been. They're the Clemson of the SEC.

Braking news..................

2012, SEC Team wins BCS National Championship...........again, oh wait, that’s right, the pac10 or big 12 wasn’t there, I almost forgot, the SEC was the only Div represented.

The SEC, not your grandmas football league. The top 25 teams are tough, period. If you played any of them, you had a tough opponent. I love the SEC haters/whiners