Lunar Landing

Ronws

first class brisket smoker
Minuteman
  • Oct 18, 2021
    Texas
    Because I have to prove that I earn my AIC creds enough to grant upgrades to complete assholes for others.

When I was 5, I remember my father, who had visitation rights with us (I was 3 when he and my mother divorced,) wake me up to see the moon landing and to hear Neil Armstrong say those words. "One small step for a man. One giant leap for Mankind."

And there were several more flights to the moon. Around 1970 ish, my mother was working for Phillips 66 in California and she was a key punch operator, which is how business computers were programmed back then. (After moving to Texas, her home state, in 1974, she would go one to learn COBOL and some Fortran and RPG and RPG II, specializing in RPG II while working for Schwepps Grocer Supply before his untimely death and that of her boyfriend, Lamar, in a plane crash.) Later, as an independent, she had clients such as First Bank - Houston and NBC. So, anyway, during the key punch days, the computer could take up half of a small building. The main frame at Philliops 66 took up a few floors.

And during this time, with computers about as complex and taking up an entire building, we went to the moon in basically a beer can. Several times.

And never again, since then. We "got rid of the technology."

The real problem is the radiation in the Van Allen Belt. This ionized layer actually protects us from a bunch of gamma rays, etcetera.

So, today, with superior materials and computers that can sit on a desk, why have we not been back?

Which leads to the question of did we go?

There, I think I have stirred up just enough feces...

Reactions: Hecouldgoalltheway
    You really need to add Kubrick to the discussion otherwise you're leaving out such an important part of the story. Kubrick and his filming was expressly for the purpose of causing doubt. The effect of which is like Flat Earth in any intelligent conversation today.

Let's back up - when in human history were we told the truth? Do you think we were told the truth in the 1950s and 1960s?

OK - so 'we went to the moon'........then built a fleet of reusable space (shuttle) trucks and flew them for better part of 3 decades.....then we went to unmanned space trucks.....and concurrently we have these MASSIVE budgets.....now post COVID and in hindsight - is it more likely that we have never been back, never went, or went and built a bunch of shit?

Reactions: M4orturnate
    Uh what are you talking about?...we are going back next year into lunar orbit with humans and will put humans on the surface again in the follow up mission.

There are literally thousands of technologies spawned as a direct result of the Apollo program nothing was lost there just wasn't a strategic, economic, or scientific ROI worth it to continue the mission until now again... allegedly

Uh what are you talking about?...we are going back next year into lunar orbit with humans and will put humans on the surface again in the follow up mission.

There are literally thousands of technologies spawned as a direct result of the Apollo program nothing was lost there just wasn't a strategic, economic, or scientific ROI worth it to continue the mission until now again... allegedly
    You are correct. Why or what needs to be done on the moons surface that can't be done on the international space station or Skylab when it was in service? How many years now has NASA been doing experiments and research on those platforms?
    We'd have been back on the moon surface if NASA really believed there'd be serious gains by doing so.

You are correct. Why or what needs to be done on the moons surface that can't be done on the international space station or Skylab when it was in service? How many years now has NASA been doing experiments and research on those platforms?
    We'd have been back on the moon surface if NASA really believed there'd be serious gains by doing so.

And there are now.... Hence why we are going back. We will basically be setting up a fuel point for elon

• Love
    Reactions: Ronws and Cody S
    Because I have to prove that I earn my AIC creds enough to grant upgrades to complete assholes for others.

When I was 5, I remember my father, who had visitation rights with us (I was 3 when he and my mother divorced,) wake me up to see the moon landing and to hear Neil Armstrong say those words. "One small step for a man. One giant leap for Mankind."

And there were several more flights to the moon. Around 1970 ish, my mother was working for Phillips 66 in California and she was a key punch operator, which is how business computers were programmed back then. (After moving to Texas, her home state, in 1974, she would go one to learn COBOL and some Fortran and RPG and RPG II, specializing in RPG II while working for Schwepps Grocer Supply before his untimely death and that of her boyfriend, Lamar, in a plane crash.) Later, as an independent, she had clients such as First Bank - Houston and NBC. So, anyway, during the key punch days, the computer could take up half of a small building. The main frame at Philliops 66 took up a few floors.

And during this time, with computers about as complex and taking up an entire building, we went to the moon in basically a beer can. Several times.

And never again, since then. We "got rid of the technology."

The real problem is the radiation in the Van Allen Belt. This ionized layer actually protects us from a bunch of gamma rays, etcetera.

So, today, with superior materials and computers that can sit on a desk, why have we not been back?

Which leads to the question of did we go?

There, I think I have stirred up just enough feces...
    1725413480753.jpeg

• Love
    Reactions: Ronws
    We are going “back”. And we will have trains. But it got cancelled I believe. Sad, because you know the taxpayers would have totally got a huge return on their dollars.

We live in a terrarium. We aren’t going anywhere. Which is probably a good thing. Can you imagine the intergalactic bullshit we would cause with a Waffle House and truck stop on Mars?

Last edited:
    We are going “back”. And we will have trains. But it got cancelled I believe. Sad, because you know the taxpayers would have totally got a huge return on their dollars.

We live in a terrarium. We aren’t going anywhere.

Lol it's not cancelled.... Is literally nobody is aware of the Artemis missions.....

Interesting coincidence my mom and dad met while working at TRW (in Houston) my mom at the time was a keypunch operator. I remember my dad putting me in front of the tv and telling me history was about to be made on the first moon landing.
    Just my personal opinion ... NASA was under a lot of pressure to beat the Russians to the moon and the first landing was the ONLY mission that went off without a single issue!
    I think we did go, but for absolutely certain a bunch of photos and video were fakes. A lot of it was PR to keep NASA afloat and in the public eye.

Reactions: Charmingmander
    Dude that project is going nowhere. The budget overruns and safety concerns makes the long term success unobtainable.
    I can see missions cut past 4 but uncle sam had committed funds for the first 4 launches home skillet...boosters tanks etc already in full scale production

We will walk on the moon again in the next 6 years

We live in a terrarium. We aren’t going anywhere. Which is probably a good thing. Can you imagine the intergalactic bullshit we would cause with a Waffle House and truck stop on Mars?

Don't forget the Dollar General every 5.2 miles

The Hide does not disappoint. :)

So, yeah, 6 moon missions. How does one get all those astronauts to conspire to say they went to the moon?

What about the pilots who flew the SR-71 Blackbird in tests before its information was released? Is that a case of military and/or civilian people keeping their mouth shut for a greater good?

What about my friend who spent 3 Christmases on the laotian-cambodian border when Nixon said we were NOT in Laos or Cambodia?

We had to give money to India to help them with gender studies but they were able to launch a probe to the moon? Oddly enough, no live footage of crashes of theirs or Israel's lunar probe.

Later, it became known that Stanley Kubrick was approached as a "consultant" on the Apollo mission.

How about this - in the original Zapruder film, the limo comes to just about a complete stop during the bullets flying. As soon as Kennedy's head explodes, the car takes off. Once the fed got it, they were able to alter through basic special effects to make it seem like the car did not slow down. Why would they do that?

Why would the government lie about going to the moon? The space race was a real thing. And yeah, the first mission goes off without a problem but we couldn't build LEO shuttles that could hold together enough to land or get into space.

Like Rockhound said, sitting on a bomb made of 13 million parts, all made by the lowest bidder.

Last edited:
    It's only been the last 10-15 years that we modified the float/valve system for the toilet. Scientist told us to wear a cloth mask to stop a virus. A sitting supreme court justice doesn't know what a woman is. We are still riding around on rubber tires. We still put on a coat and hat in the winter to stay warm. Doctors still stick a camera probe up your ass to check for colon cancer. For fucks sake.....we still kill mice with a spring, wire and small piece of wood.

Yet, you all want me to believe we used a HUGE fucking rocket to launch a tin can into space, flew it to the moon, landed on the moon, took video, while there and then broadcast it live on TV. Then we launched this piece of shit off the moon having 1/6th the pull of the earth's gravity, then flew it back toward the earth, went back through the earth's atmosphere, and humans were actually aboard this tin can. Bitch, please!

As fun as this all sounds, my first a foremost concern is where do I shit when I'm flying around in this tin can with two other men? That alone, would prevent me from joining the adventure to the moon. You know why Armstrong talked about the first step, right? It's because his diaper was stuffed with poop!

I am on the fence on whether we did or did not land on the moon, but some things just dont make sense. I worked
    for a company (way before I worked there) that was contracted to make the lunar surface landing probes " curb feelers".

Why design and manufacture these, they are not needed for a movie so whats the point.

Reactions: Makinchips208
    Ok guys, you want a level 5 tinfoil hat conspiracy?

We DID land on the moon and were asked not to return by what was found on the dark side.

The moon is definitely weird when all things considered.

If you have never watched a Why Files, they are very well made and he definitely approaches both sides and will call out a bs conspiracy when evidence supports it. But he will also touch on ideas that really make you think.

The "aliens" arrived in the 50s.
    Valliant Thor was meeting with the government in the 50s.
    We started shortly after spending vast sums of public dollars on developing technologies.
    Convenient way to explain "spaceage technology".
    Now we spend just...rediculous, retarded, exhorbitant, amounts of money, with nothing to show for it, then they just shrug and say, "we dont know where those trilliins went".

Its real hard to believe anything, when youve learned so much to be a lie....which was the entire point of this long gamed excercise.

What is there to really to go back and see or get? I'm being serious. More moon rocks or dust? Pics of the earth?
    I'm against the waste of more tax dollars for a non existent or negligible return.
    Well, Obama scrapped the entire NASA budget, and funneled it all into "non-discretionary" spending...

Which is a bigger waste of money? Buying "free" fishes for fishermen, or exploring space.
    99% of the same arguements were made in Europe for not sailing West, mainly because there was nothing there. It honestly took trying to find a faster way to Asia to find the New World.

As for me, I think we're explorers, plain and simple. Maybe it's not in all our DNA, but I feel like it is in mine and the pursuit of knowledge is it's own reward, but often it is quite rewarding and changes everything.

As to the moon landings? I'm sort of with Joe Rogan. After covid I question anything and everything the government has and will ever say. Every single time there is a press conference or someone has to answer for something their very first impulse is to start lying. It is literally as if there is a mendacious zone around Washington DC, and when you cross it you can't help but tell lie upon lie upon lie as easily as breathing.

The "aliens" arrived in the 50s.
    Valliant Thor was meeting with the government in the 50s.
    We started shortly after spending vast sums of public dollars on developing technologies.
    Convenient way to explain "spaceage technology".
    Now we spend just...rediculous, retarded, exhorbitant, amounts of money, with nothing to show for it, then they just shrug and say, "we dont know where those trilliins went".

Its real hard to believe anything, when youve learned so much to be a lie....which was the entire point of this long gamed excercise.
    Dude, DO NOT tell me Tang is food technology from aliens. I'm going to be so pissed...

They store the chemicals for all the chem trails up on the moon. Then go refill as needed.

Either that or they store them on the underside of the earth.

Whatever the answer is, that’s probably where sadam keeps his wmds as well.

Wrong, that is where we get cement from for our concrete and bow hunters who can bench 45.46890927624872lbs