Lunar Landing

No one is going to mars.
We are not getting off this planet in a physical body.
We will never set foot on another planet.
The real universe is behind a curtain.
Scientists are quite certain there are at least 10 dimensions.
I think a world power will put a crews footprint on mars if only for bragging rights not a colony in the foreseeable future . I do agree with you we are not going to the stars until we solve the speed/power issues and the pain in the ass human cargo ...those problems may take centuries to overcome . We need LUDICRIOUS SPEED lol i mean that we have to go faster than light or its all moot because of the distances involved which are mind numbing

Reactions: mosin46
I'm 1,000% sure that no human has ever stepped foot on the moon. Anyone who thinks we have is has not seriously researched this topic. I used to defend it. I never doubted it, until I began to look into it. There are a thousand things that prove we've never been there. The crafts they built, with 100% certainty could not have passed through the van Allen radiation belt. Anything inside would have been killed in seconds. The director of NASA absolutely said that we "lost the technology required to go to the moon, and couldn't do it now".

Seriously? You believe that? We lost it? Sure, mmmk. The shadows are an obvious give away, the videos were men and equipment on cables. There is a mountain of evidence to prove how ridiculous it is.

I'm not pretending that this guy is right about everything, but he's not wrong about everything either. It's just bullshit.

Watch the dust coming off the tires from this lunar craft. It drops back to "the moon" just like it does on earth, except there's no gravity. It's horseshit. That's not even a human in the seat. He never moves any part of his body, not his arm, head, etc.

And you guys think you watched it live on TV, in the 60's? In 2024 we do not have a technology that would transmit any type of signal through the van Allen radiation belt. We couldn't have communication with someone on earth through that many miles of radiation if we did it today, and they are carrying on a conversation like they are in the same room. It's such easy probable horseshit..

Reactions: greasemonkey198
Watch the dust coming off the tires from this lunar craft. It drops back to "the moon" just like it does on earth, except there's no gravity. It's horseshit.
1725477116920.jpeg

Sorry, I was typing fast, it's 1/6th what the earth's gravity is. Which would appear as almost nothing to someone who had spent their life on earth. Don't let that little detail be your sticking point
It would make a 200lb man feel like he weighed 33lbs. You could launch yourself 20' in the air with one leg.

interesting. never thought of this as a propaganda op,but??? i know the gov lies and fakes everything so maybe? keeping it quiet by that many people for this long is a stretch IMHO.
we are not getting out of the solar system. 186K mpsecond? LOL. we haven't figured out fusion power yet. i do know that radiation in space is a big killing obstacle. doubt fixable. pretty sure we lack the time,resources and cooperation needed to even start on a solution. too much petty,destructive and self destructive shit happening. so much for intelligent design.

Reactions: Hecouldgoalltheway
Watch the dust coming off the tires from this lunar craft. It drops back to "the moon" just like it does on earth, except there's no gravity. It's horseshit.

You know the best part of this lunacy? That footage is actually good evidence that it is in fact a rover kicking up dust on the moon: the dust trajectory is consistent with being ejected in a low gravity zero-drag vacuum environment. We also call this "The Moon."

You know the best part of this lunacy? That footage is actually good evidence that it is in fact a rover kicking up dust on the moon: the dust trajectory is consistent with being ejected in a low gravity zero-drag vacuum environment. We also call this "The Moon."
Please explain. It acts exactly like it would on earth. You expect that dust would gall at the same rate in 1/6th the gravity? Please tell me how that works.

If you are one of the imbeciles who think the lunar landings are fake. Please explain why we faked it six times?
Why is easy to answer. Control.

So, the world was watching when UA 175 flew into the south tower. And everyone saw a fireball shoot out of the building and imagined it must be the starboard engine.

Sure enough, on Griffin St., there was a disembodied jet engine that landed neatly on the sidewalk under some scaffolding. Nice and clear pictures, so clear that you could see the shape and style of the cooling vanes. And these cooling vanes showed it to be a GE jet motor.

Slight problemo. UA 175, like other 767s in the UA fleet used Pratt & Whitney engines, which have a different style of cooling vanes.

So, two choices. Either the plane that crashed into the south tower was NOT UA 175, or some Homer Simpson clones planted the wrong style of jet engine on the sidewalk "to be found." NTSB says UA 175 impacted the tower at 521 knots when its max velocity at sea level was 360 knots. At least, that is what I understood.

How people were doing things with the planes that could not be done by people who have flown that craft before.

AA 77 that hit the Pentagon took off from Dulles. The FDR showed that the cockpit door was closed. And then locked, as is proper, before push back from the gate. And it takes off.

At 18k feet, the pilot adjusted from local station pressure to 29.92, as required for flying as high as 30k. And gets up to the altitude and then somewhere over Kentucky turns around and heads back to DC. Nothing on the FDR about the door being unlocked or opened. So, the terrorists got in their and overpowered two ex-military pilots averaging about 6 feet tall and a buck 60 a piece. If they wanted to get Rumsfeld, they could have dove straight down and hit his office directly. Instead, going unchallenged into restricted airspace in a spiral dropping 8k feet in a few minutes hit the one part of the Pentagon that had just been "remodeled" to withstand an airliner impact. 152 ft wide wingspan and 45 foot tall tail all fit into a 16 foot by 19 foot hole.

Even mo' betterer, the descent on the FDR (the only one recovered and published) showed have shown a similar blip. When you are descending and you go below 18k, you need to adjust to the local barometric pressure of your destination. That was not done. So, technically, "at impact," the flight was about 150 feet off the ground. That's a problem because the Pentagon is about 80 feet tall.

On those planes, on either side of the console in the cockpit is a pad to enter transponder codes. And there was a universal code for hijack. 7500. Not one of 8 pilots did that. Not one.

So, dang it, I forgot the question ......

Yes, I remember the "moon dust" in Mosul.

The regolith on the Moon is not fine powdery material - it's closer to grains of sand.

But if you kick up sand on Earth, it decelerates because we live in a layer of fluid called "air" and that air imparts drag on anything with mass. You may think it behaves just like that footage of the lunar rover, but if you had a look at the article I posted, you'll see that researchers actually plotted the trajectory of the lunar dust kicked up and showed that it in fact moves without drag and falls in accordance to 1.62m/s^2

Reactions: Doctorwho1138

So, the world was watching when UA 175 flew into the south tower. And everyone saw a fireball shoot out of the building and imagined it must be the starboard engine.

Sure enough, on Griffin St., there was a disembodied jet engine that landed neatly on the sidewalk under some scaffolding. Nice and clear pictures, so clear that you could see the shape and style of the cooling vanes. And these cooling vanes showed it to be a GE jet motor.

Slight problemo. UA 175, like other 767s in the UA fleet used Pratt & Whitney engines, which have a different style of cooling vanes.

So, two choices. Either the plane that crashed into the south tower was NOT UA 175, or some Homer Simpson clones planted the wrong style of jet engine on the sidewalk "to be found." NTSB says UA 175 impacted the tower at 521 knots when its max velocity at sea level was 360 knots. At least, that is what I understood.

How people were doing things with the planes that could not be done by people who have flown that craft before.

AA 77 that hit the Pentagon took off from Dulles. The FDR showed that the cockpit door was closed. And then locked, as is proper, before push back from the gate. And it takes off.

At 18k feet, the pilot adjusted from local station pressure to 29.92, as required for flying as high as 30k. And gets up to the altitude and then somewhere over Kentucky turns around and heads back to DC. Nothing on the FDR about the door being unlocked or opened. So, the terrorists got in their and overpowered two ex-military pilots averaging about 6 feet tall and a buck 60 a piece. If they wanted to get Rumsfeld, they could have dove straight down and hit his office directly. Instead, going unchallenged into restricted airspace in a spiral dropping 8k feet in a few minutes hit the one part of the Pentagon that had just been "remodeled" to withstand an airliner impact. 152 ft wide wingspan and 45 foot tall tail all fit into a 16 foot by 19 foot hole.

Even mo' betterer, the descent on the FDR (the only one recovered and published) showed have shown a similar blip. When you are descending and you go below 18k, you need to adjust to the local barometric pressure of your destination. That was not done. So, technically, "at impact," the flight was about 150 feet off the ground. That's a problem because the Pentagon is about 80 feet tall.

On those planes, on either side of the console in the cockpit is a pad to enter transponder codes. And there was a universal code for hijack. 7500. Not one of 8 pilots did that. Not one.

Ill give "them" the planes, the over run of the cabins, the two lonely pictures at the pentagon, the freefall collapse of the towers........but building 7.......NOPE, fuck you!

Not even a wood house collapses like that in a fire!

And never again, since then. We "got rid of the technology."

The real problem is the radiation in the Van Allen Belt. This ionized layer actually protects us from a bunch of gamma rays, etcetera.
My 9th grade science teacher and the schools chemistry teacher, a Mr. Allen was related to the Allen of the Van Allen belt. Pretty interesting fellow. I remember the date/lecture where, he introduced us to Rachael Carson and the book “The Silent Spring”. An Extraordinarily radical book for the times (1963).

He pushed me into the Science Club, a major step in this (often failing due to dyslexia) life. Our major trip was to the Murphy Oil Refinery in El Dorado, Arkansas. And there, I got to see my very first computer. It took up a room the size of the largest room in our home and I remember the programmer had put in a program that basically said; “Hello Students.” And the speed that it took to print out those few letters was by today’s standards Shockingly Slow.

Good man, perhaps one of favorite teachers.

Ill give "them" the planes, the over run of the cabins, the two lonely pictures at the pentagon, the freefall collapse of the towers........but building 7.......NOPE, fuck you!

Not even a wood house collapses like that in a fire!
It is my theory that flight UA 93 that crashed near Indian Lake, Pa and not at Shanksville, was supposed to "hit" building 7. But an Air Force major following standard protocol was cleared hot and took the shot and made it and down goes the plane. So, this was supposed to happen way earlier and now, nearing 5:20 pm, what to do, what to do?

Per Larry Silverstein's own words, "Pull it."

And the topline of the building hits the ground in 6.7 seconds, AKA, free fall, which means there is nothing in the way and only gravity is acting on. From a furniture fire near one column on one floor.

Funny and true fact. A reporter for the BBC was sitting in a chair with Building 7 in the background behind her left shoulder (to your right) and she said it had fallen, which would not happen for another 20 minutes. So, she had the right script but wrong timing.

One of my favorites is main Homer Simpson Robert Mueller was director of the FBI at the time (later, he would go on to accuse Trump of watching prostitutes pee in a bed in Moscow when Trump and his assistant were at gala function in the States with about 500 others, including press) came out with a list of the 19 terrorists in a few hours. This was helped by Mohammed Atta who left a Koran, a flight manual written in Arabi, and a list of the other terrorists in two places. One was in Portland, Maine in a car in the parking lot. And he supposedly flew a puddle jumper to Logan Airport in Boston where he had another car in that parking lot with a Koran, flight manual in Arabi, and a list of the terrorists. Later, after the collapse of building 1, Atta's passport would be unburned near the top of the rubble.

Anyway, toward the evening, Mueller's FBI had to print another terrorist list because two of the guys on the original list were already dead the year before. One from an accident and another from natural causes. Oopsies.

So, did we go to the moon? Those were some mighty good looking rockets going off. Probably had people on them.

Or we did go and why do we not go back?

When dedicated in 1969, the Harlan J. Smith Telescope was the third largest in the world. In addition to studying planets in our solar system, it was used by the Apollo Laser Ranging Experiment, which helped measure the distance to the Moon by reflecting lasers off mirrors left there by astronauts.

The timing of the laser round trip provided evidence supporting Albert Einstein's theory of general relativity. That theory says, in part, that the speed of light in a vacuum is independent of any observer's motion. This experiment also showed that Isaac Newton's gravitational constant is extremely constant, changing by less than 1 part in 100 billion between 1969 and 2004, NASA stated.

Pretty persistent cover.

Last edited:
Sorry, I was typing fast, it's 1/6th what the earth's gravity is. Which would appear as almost nothing to someone who had spent their life on earth. Don't let that little detail be your sticking point
There’s no air, so dust would fall throu 1/6th vacuum about as fast as 1G air.

How do signals to all the probes we send go back and forth? All fake too? I don’t think you understand what the Van Allen belts are, and the idea they’re completely deadly is ridiculous. Unpredictable, yes, just like everything coming off the sun is unpredictable.

Several family members of mine worked everything from Gemini to the modern Orion capsule today. One worked everything from Gemini to the ISS and worked the life support systems after the Apollo 13 anomalies. He was one of the engineers who had to figure out how to filter their air. When I worked at the JSpOC, mid 2010s we were still tracking pieces of debris from that era and one piece of debris from Apollo that decayed into the atmosphere. It happened. We built the infrastructure and the tech for all of that back then and now we have lost it. Our tech is much better nowadays, but everything involved with human space flight is looked over with a much finer tooth comb that a satellite launch. We’re overall a lot more fragile than satellites. It takes a lot of development and testing to put humans in space and with all of that, a lot of money. We simply don’t put as much money into NASA now as we did then.

Tech/capabilities can easily be lost when focus shifts.

Reactions: Makinchips208
There’s no air, so dust would fall throu 1/6th vacuum about as fast as 1G air.

How do signals to all the probes we send go back and forth? All fake too? I don’t think you understand what the Van Allen belts are, and the idea they’re completely deadly is ridiculous. Unpredictable, yes, just like everything coming off the sun is unpredictable.
The US detonated 5 nukes in the van Allen belt. Let that sink in, that's how dumb we are. They did it, (at least their excuse was) to move it back so we could pass a craft through it, or something equally stupid. That radiation made that area exponentially more radioactive. It has lethal levels radiation. Maybe today we could build something that could survive in it. In the 60's? That thing they pretended to fly up there was an airstream trailer lined with Styrofoam. Get outta here with that BS.

Several family members of mine worked everything from Gemini to the modern Orion capsule today. One worked everything from Gemini to the ISS and worked the life support systems after the Apollo 13 anomalies. He was one of the engineers who had to figure out how to filter their air. When I worked at the JSpOC, mid 2010s we were still tracking pieces of debris from that era and one piece of debris from Apollo that decayed into the atmosphere. It happened. We built the infrastructure and the tech for all of that back then and now we have lost it. Our tech is much better nowadays, but everything involved with human space flight is looked over with a much finer tooth comb that a satellite launch. We’re overall a lot more fragile than satellites. It takes a lot of development and testing to put humans in space and with all of that, a lot of money. We simply don’t put as much money into NASA now as we did then.

Tech/capabilities can easily be lost when focus shifts.
My mother, my aunt, and many other family members are in the fresh cut flower business. They have massive amounts of equipment, coolers, warehouses, employees, and they developed some of the techniques used in most fresh cut flower businesses today. I'm kinda like you when people start talking about fresh cut flowers and how to extend their life, how to store them, how to prep them, even how to cut them. I too have very strong opinions, but when it comes down to it, I really don't know shit.........mostly because THEY do them, not me!

Turns out, you and I actually have the same amount of involvement in NASA......my opposing opinion......IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

But hey, I have black friends too, so I'm not racist either!

The US detonated 5 nukes in the van Allen belt. Let that sink in, that's how dumb we are. They did it, (at least their excuse was) to move it back so we could pass a craft through it, or something equally stupid. That radiation made that area exponentially more radioactive. It has lethal levels radiation. Maybe today we could build something that could survive in it. In the 60's? That thing they pretended to fly up there was an airstream trailer lined with Styrofoam. Get outta here with that BS.
That test, one of those being Starfish prime, killed a lot of satellites by accident and took out Hawaii’s power grid. We do have nuclear hardened satellites that are from the the Cold War era called MILSTAR

My mother, my aunt, and many other family members are in the fresh cut flower business. They have massive amounts of equipment, coolers, warehouses, employees, and they developed some of the techniques used in most fresh cut flower businesses today. I'm kinda like you when people start talking about fresh cut flowers and how to extend their life, how to store them, how to prep them, even how to cut them. I too have very strong opinions, but when it comes down to it, I really don't know shit.........mostly because THEY do them, not me!

Turns out, you and I actually have the same amount of involvement in NASA......my opposing opinion......IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

I’ve had quite a bit of involvement with NASA in the earlier years of my career. Lol Mirrors dropped off by one of the Apollo missions is still used today for laser sensor calibrations. With a good enough telescope you can see the landing sights. Mental midgets bringing up Van Allen Radiation Belts and signals with zero actual knowledge on how those work.

Tech/capabilities/lessons learned/know how all get lost when not used. They’re are things today we cannot do militarily we could do slightly after the end of the Cold War since we were dropping bombs on mud huts. We can’t even build more F-22s because that tooling and much more was removed or repurposed for the F-35. If it’s not used, the know how gets lost.

I’ve had quite a bit of involvement with NASA in the earlier years of my career. Lol Mirrors dropped off by one of the Apollo missions is still used today for laser sensor calibrations. With a good enough telescope you can see the landing sights. Mental midgets bringing up Van Allen Radiation Belts and signals with zero actual knowledge on how those work.

Tech/capabilities/lessons learned/know how all get lost when not used. They’re are things today we cannot do militarily we could do slightly after the end of the Cold War since we were dropping bombs on mud huts. We can’t even build more F-22s because that tooling and much more was removed or repurposed for the F-35. If it’s not used, the know how gets lost.
Show me pictures of the landing sites taken from earth. Show me the flag they planted from earth, the tracks, anything. I want to see that

You should read about the Argus rocket tests in the Atlantic. Those were early probes of the Earth’s geomagnetic composition.

Like the lunar dust fallacy, the Van Allen Belts being some kind of lethal wall preventing space flight is another argument that reveals a lack of understanding on the subject. Yes, they would be lethal if you humg around in that field of charged particles. So how do you solve this seemingly intractable problem?

You pass through them

This is so well understood that it’s a high school math problem.

What’s next on the list? Space suits wouldn’t work in a vacuum? Shouldn’t we be able to see physical evidence of the landings from lunar orbiters?

Pretty persistent cover.
Smells like Area 51, tastes like Area 51...

JK

Except for all the other times government agencies have lied and are still lying.

Like, for example, FBI decides that Roger Stone is a hardened criminal and arrest him with an assault team that was larger than the one that got "Osama bin Laden." And then prosecuted and imprisoned him because he literally misremembered a joke he wrote to a friend in an email, which then became a false statement and a "process crime."

That same FBI after 1.5 years, closed the investigation into Phillip Paddock in the 2017 Las Vegas shootings with no determination of motive or even a description of how he did what he did.

I get it, man. I am friends to LE and I have had several family and friends serve in the military. And we have seen the government lie and lie and lie.

So, is there another way to get mirrors to the moon? Like a probe?

Last edited:
Show me pictures of the landing sites taken from earth. Show me the flag they planted from earth, the tracks, anything. I want to see that
You’re not going to see that much detail with a terrestrial telescope, you can just see outlines with observatory telescopes. There photos from other countries such as India who photographed the sites with one of their missions to the moon in recent years and NASA’s LRO.

If anyone would want to disprove the US going to the moon with humans it would have been the Soviets. Funny how they didn’t refute it, probably because their were watching the signals come from the Apollo missions and track portions of it through its launch. Something critical that would help Soviet information ops if it were fake. But what do I know, I just work in the space career field. 😂

You should read about the Argus rocket tests in the Atlantic. Those were early probes of the Earth’s geomagnetic composition.

Like the lunar dust fallacy, the Van Allen Belts being some kind of lethal wall preventing space flight is another argument that reveals a lack of understanding on the subject. Yes, they would be lethal if you humg around in that field of charged particles. So how do you solve this seemingly intractable problem?

You pass through them

What’s next on the list? Space suits wouldn’t work in a vacuum? Shouldn’t we be able to see physical evidence of the landings from lunar orbiters?
No silly, vacuum cleaners are all that works in a vacuum. It's in the name. Duh!

• Haha
Reactions: Makinchips208
You’re not going to see that much detail with a terrestrial telescope, you can just see outlines with observatory telescopes. There photos from other countries such as India who photographed the sight with one of their missions to the moon in recent years and NASA’s LRO.

If anyone would want to disprove the US going to the moon with humans it would have been the Soviets. Funny how they didn’t refute it, probably because their were watching the signals come from the Apollo missions and track portions of it through its launch. Something critical that would help Soviet information ops if it were fake. But what do I know, I just work in the space career field. 😂
Finally, someone with some cred.

So, why have we not gone back to the moon in over 50 years? How big a budget was the Apollo program compared to the Big Asian Vacation?

Height of the Cold War and the space race. USSR was capable of orbiting the moon, if the remnants of our missions were not there they would have photographed and broadcast it worldwide. Of course they could be in on it.

If you haven’t seen this it’s worth a look.

It’s a mockumentary, very well done.

Didn’t they forge steel with wood, charcoal and a bellows?

Rich

Finally, someone with some cred.

So, why have we not gone back to the moon in over 50 years? How big a budget was the Apollo program compared to the Big Asian Vacation?
You have the same power of Google as I do for looking up NASA’s % of US budget for the build up of Apollo to todays budgets.

The whole goal of Apollo was to beat the Soviets there, that was the reason why its budget % was greater then. NASA also took a lot more risk during that program than it does today. The tech gained from the Apollo missions would trickle down to other projects, but after beating the Soviets there, was there any real reason to go back? Commercially it wasn’t viable. Honestly nothing in space other than comm sats was profitable until the last few decades and the last decade has had a huge increase in profitability. Newer proposed missions to the moon involve getting resources from it, a launch point for faster trips to mars with more payload, research and a few other things. A big portion of Chinas plan for the moon is getting Helium 3 for fusion reactors.

Last edited:
You have the same power of Google as I do for for looking up NASA’s % of US budget for the build up of Apollo to todays budgets.

The whole goal of Apollo was to beat the Soviets there, that was the reason why its budget % was greater then. NASA also took a lot more risk during that program that it does today. The tech gain from the Apollo missions would trickle down to other projects, but after beating the Soviets there, was there any real reason to go back? Commercially it wasn’t viable. Honestly nothing in space other than comm sats was profitable until the last few decades and the last decade has had a huge increase in profitability. Newer proposed missions to the moon involve getting resources from it, a launch point for faster trips to mars with more payload, research and a few other things. A big portion of Chinas plan for the moon is getting Helium 3 for fusion reactors.
I was being trollish, sorry. In fact, I knew this thread would create some controversy. To be fair to myself, I could start an argument by stating that the sun looks yellow. Someone will come along and dispute that.

I agree, the race to the moon was a publicity stunt to make USA look better than the russians. And not really a profitable way to mine anything there and bring it back. Mass is mass and ass, gas, or grass, no one rides for free. It seems like mining there would better suit people living there. And we don't have the fanciful and apparently inexpensive tech of the Dune Trilogy to mine spice and ship it to other stars and planets, etcetera.

And I grew up as a science and science fiction geek. My step-grandfather was teaching me single variable differential and integral calculus in 1975, when I started studying electricity and electronics and physics. By the next year, I had high school level books on Einstein's fearing of relatives, I mean Theories of Relativity.

But I also thought the government was full of responsible and smart people. My mother was smart and responsible. Well, in that sense, I was spoiled rotten.

I have heard that one can get through the VA belts relatively quickly and that we all might be exposed more to old x-rays, etcetera. However, outside of that belt, I would suppose there are more serious radiation waves to be wary of.

I have also been told that the Moon is not made of cheese.

Would colonizing Mars be better? I think we will but it will require what sci-fi writers called "terra-forming." Or someway to make more habitable, Turns out that CO2 does jack shit has far as retaining heat, contrary to what modern scientists and governments are also stating with the argument from authority.

Reactions: Fig
Ok guys, you want a level 5 tinfoil hat conspiracy?

We DID land on the moon and were asked not to return by what was found on the dark side.

The moon is definitely weird when all things considered.

If you have never watched a Why Files, they are very well made and he definitely approaches both sides and will call out a bs conspiracy when evidence supports it. But he will also touch on ideas that really make you think.

91twxBowNiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Reactions: Bender and Fig

You pass through them

Pass through them? Interesting. Isn't it something like 86,000 miles at the most narrow point, which I believe is at the equator? Something crazy like that. And they did it in a craft that had a max speed of a couple hundred miles an hour and were up and down in a week and a half? My numbers could be way off, but when I looked into this year's ago, that was another set of data that made zero sense..

So in your mind these two events are linked. The guys who went to the moon at the absolute height of post WWII American technology boom somehow are connected to muslim terrorists. 30 years after the lunar landings they secretly swap engines on airliners and then fly them into the Pentagon in an attempt to kill Donald Rumsfield in order to get revenge for the Vietnam War?

It seems like a stretch.

What about the lack of atmosphere on the moon? On Earth the atmosphere stops high velocity space debris from impacting us and our property. On the moon there is no such protection. There was an article out there stating the surface of the moon is constantly getting peppered by space junk, often flying at incredible speeds. How would an astronaut survive on the moon?

What about the lack of atmosphere on the moon? On Earth the atmosphere stops high velocity space debris from impacting us and our property. On the moon there is no such protection. There was an article out there stating the surface of the moon is constantly getting peppered by space junk, often flying at incredible speeds. How would an astronaut survive on the moon?
The answer is that it's risky. Micro meteoroids are a constant threat, and there isn't a ton you can do about it. I would add that as our solar system ages there is less and less decaying orbit small debris as some of the larger meteoroids comets continue along their trajectories and eventually decay/impact. When the solar system was young there were orders of magnitude more. Today most of the dangerous space debris around the earth is man made.

Pass through them? Interesting. Isn't it something like 86,000 miles at the most narrow point, which I believe is at the equator? Something crazy like that. And they did it in a craft that had a max speed of a couple hundred miles an hour and were up and down in a week and a half? My numbers could be way off, but when I looked into this year's ago, that was another set of data that made zero sense..
Incorrect. It's near zero over the poles where humans get a full dose of solar radiation unimpeded by the magnetic field of the earth. This isn't an issue because no one runs around the poles in a bathing suit, and the atmosphere and a parka is sufficient to protect you from full, unimpeded solar radiation.

The answer as to the speed the Saturn V achieves with the flight vehicle and lander is:
"To escape from Earth, the astronauts needed the three-stage Saturn V rocket to boost their spacecraft to a velocity of more than 25,000 miles per hour."

This is my favorite documentary film on the internet from the Apollo 18 mission.

You can’t be serious about this. Tell me you know nothing about escape velocities without telling me you don’t.
So, educate me. I don't pretend to know everything about any subject. You've made two posts since that one, and in both of them you've said "c'mon bro".

What are the numbers as you understand them, or where can I find them?

Last edited:
Reactions: greasemonkey198