Lunar Landing

So in your mind these two events are linked. The guys who went to the moon at the absolute height of post WWII American technology boom somehow are connected to muslim terrorists. 30 years after the lunar landings they secretly swap engines on airliners and then fly them into the Pentagon in an attempt to kill Donald Rumsfield in order to get revenge for the Vietnam War?

It seems like a stretch.
That's not what I meant, at all. And you know that. Nice trolling, here's a sticker.

Reactions: greasemonkey198
So, educate me. I don't pretend to know everything about any subject. You've made two posts since that one, and in both of them you've said "c'mon bro".

What are the numbers as you understand them, or where can I find them?
Because folks start talking about things like space that are just clearly wrong with a lot of certainty... If you are going a couple hundred miles per hour then you are nearing your orbits Apogee. Trans-lunar injection is close to 11 Km/S if I remember correctly or that might be earth escape velocity. Regardless you have to be near the Earth escape velocity to escape Earths gravity pool enough to get to the moon and get pulled into its orbit. Depending on your speed you would get pulled into a lunar orbit and if you exceeded the speed to get pulled into the moons gravity pool then you would have to do a retrograde maneuver in order to get pulled into it.

If you want to see how this works play the game Kerbal Space Program. Its physics are correct enough show how all this functions along with a community that has built rockets in it very similar in design/capability of the Saturn V Rocket. You can see how you get into a direct flight path to the moon or conduct several maneuvers over days (hohmann transfers) in order to get to the moon with a lesser rocket.

Last edited:
If you want to see how this works play the game Kerbal Space Program. Its physics are correct enough show how all this functions along with a community that has built rockets in it very similar in design/capability of the Saturn V Rocket. You can see how you get into a direct flight path to the moon or conduct several maneuvers over days (hohmann transfers) in order to get to the moon with a lesser rocket.
If you do play the game, try getting to Minmus before the Mun. It's a little further, but less gravity. If you get to Duna or Eve, you burned too long.

Reactions: jthor
full-25419-430121-img_4948.png

🤣

Me - That's some amazing gold plated foil to withstand the force of those thrusters.

Google - Sixteen rockets that can be fired automatically or manually control the attitude of the lunar module. The descent engine's thrust is 44,316 Newtons (9870 lbs) maximum, and the ascent engine's thrust is 15,700 Newtons (1050 lbs).

$NASA$ - $aNotherwAytoSteAl$

I'm 1,000% sure that no human has ever stepped foot on the moon. Anyone who thinks we have is has not seriously researched this topic. I used to defend it. I never doubted it, until I began to look into it. There are a thousand things that prove we've never been there. The crafts they built, with 100% certainty could not have passed through the van Allen radiation belt. Anything inside would have been killed in seconds. The director of NASA absolutely said that we "lost the technology required to go to the moon, and couldn't do it now".

Seriously? You believe that? We lost it? Sure, mmmk. The shadows are an obvious give away, the videos were men and equipment on cables. There is a mountain of evidence to prove how ridiculous it is.

I'm not pretending that this guy is right about everything, but he's not wrong about everything either. It's just bullshit.

Watch the dust coming off the tires from this lunar craft. It drops back to "the moon" just like it does on earth, except there's no gravity. It's horseshit. That's not even a human in the seat. He never moves any part of his body, not his arm, head, etc.

And you guys think you watched it live on TV, in the 60's? In 2024 we do not have a technology that would transmit any type of signal through the van Allen radiation belt. We couldn't have communication with someone on earth through that many miles of radiation if we did it today, and they are carrying on a conversation like they are in the same room. It's such easy probable horseshit..
"The crafts they built, with 100% certainty could not have passed through the van Allen radiation belt. Anything inside would have been killed in seconds."

So you don't believe the gov when they say they landed on the moon? Have you visited the Allen radation belt yourself to prove that it exists and that it's radioactive? If not, are you relying on the goverment tell you that it exists? So, you beleive the gov when they talk about the Allen radation belt but not when they talk about moon landing?

"The crafts they built, with 100% certainty could not have passed through the van Allen radiation belt. Anything inside would have been killed in seconds."

So you don't believe the gov when they say they landed on the moon? Have you visited the Allen radation belt yourself to prove that it exists and that it's radioactive? If not, are you relying on the goverment tell you that it exists? So, you beleive the gov when they talk about the Allen radation belt but not when they talk about moon landing?
I don't believe anything the government says. It's the safe bet.

It was not the government who first told us. It was Van Allen, after whom the radiation band is named. Therefore, it never had the name NASA belt or an elephant is a mouse built to government spec belt.
Little Van Allen history:
Van Allen's first name was Eddie. He actually had a business partner named David. If I remember correctly, David left in 1985 and started his own thing. Eddie replaced him with another guy. I think his last name was Hagar. They were into a lot stuff, not just radioactive belts. Some might say they were radioactive, but it was never my thing.

Van Allen was definately not a govt employee!

Van Allen's first name was Eddie. He actually had a business partner named David. If I remember correctly, David left in 1985 and started his own thing. Eddie replaced him with another guy. I think his last name was Hagar. They were into a lot stuff, not just radioactive belts.

They created a trend known as "jumping" it caught on big in 1984.

• Haha
Reactions: Darryle
Because I have to prove that I earn my AIC creds enough to grant upgrades to complete assholes for others.

When I was 5, I remember my father, who had visitation rights with us (I was 3 when he and my mother divorced,) wake me up to see the moon landing and to hear Neil Armstrong say those words. "One small step for a man. One giant leap for Mankind."

And there were several more flights to the moon. Around 1970 ish, my mother was working for Phillips 66 in California and she was a key punch operator, which is how business computers were programmed back then. (After moving to Texas, her home state, in 1974, she would go one to learn COBOL and some Fortran and RPG and RPG II, specializing in RPG II while working for Schwepps Grocer Supply before his untimely death and that of her boyfriend, Lamar, in a plane crash.) Later, as an independent, she had clients such as First Bank - Houston and NBC. So, anyway, during the key punch days, the computer could take up half of a small building. The main frame at Philliops 66 took up a few floors.

And during this time, with computers about as complex and taking up an entire building, we went to the moon in basically a beer can. Several times.

And never again, since then. We "got rid of the technology."

The real problem is the radiation in the Van Allen Belt. This ionized layer actually protects us from a bunch of gamma rays, etcetera.

So, today, with superior materials and computers that can sit on a desk, why have we not been back?

Which leads to the question of did we go?

There, I think I have stirred up just enough feces...
Can i get a tldr version please

Van Allen's first name was Eddie. He actually had a business partner named David. If I remember correctly, David left in 1985 and started his own thing. Eddie replaced him with another guy. I think his last name was Hagar. They were into a lot stuff, not just radioactive belts. Some might say they were radioactive, but it was never my thing.

I see where people are confused. The name is misspelled.

• Haha
Reactions: Darryle
Me - That's some amazing gold plated foil to withstand the force of those thrusters.

Google - Sixteen rockets that can be fired automatically or manually control the attitude of the lunar module. The descent engine's thrust is 44,316 Newtons (9870 lbs) maximum, and the ascent engine's thrust is 15,700 Newtons (1050 lbs).

$NASA$ - $aNotherwAytoSteAl$
First thing I thought when I looked at this one up close was "no way" but I have been wrong before.

We all know the moon can get up to 250 degrees F in the sun, and then sometimes -200 degrees F on the dark side.

Luckily on July 16th, 1969 the temp in New Mexico and Arizona was only 85-110 degrees. I dont know for sure, but I bet televisions studios are conditioned to 74ish.

-200 degrees sounds cold in a tin can. Im sure they had electric heat and insulation in the lunar module. This probably solves the bowel movement issue too. Cant really poop, when the turd is frozen to you bowel.

Those guys were in a shit can for eight days. Ive driven in a truck for 21 hours continuous one time. Im sure my truck had more space than the lunar module.....leaves me with some common sense questions.

Reactions: greasemonkey198
We all know the moon can get up to 250 degrees F in the sun, and then sometimes -200 degrees F on the dark side.

Luckily on July 16th, 1969 the temp in New Mexico and Arizona was only 85-110 degrees. I dont know for sure, but I bet televisions studios are conditioned to 74ish.

-200 degrees sounds cold in a tin can. Im sure they had electric heat and insulation in the lunar module. This probably solves the bowel movement issue too. Cant really poop, when the turd is frozen to you bowel.

Those guys were in a shit can for eight days. Ive driven in a truck for 21 hours continuous one time. Im sure my truck had more space than the lunar module.....leaves me with some common sense questions.
The change of scenery keeps things interesting for them. That’s the only way they could handle that many hours driving.

Dang if I don't love a good conspiracy theory and I've been fascinated all my life with space exploration so I'm going to watch this thread...

I love hearing all of the explanations of why we did or didn't make it to the moon in 1969. Frankly a healthy dose of skepticism is good to go as far as I'm concerned. I do get why it'd be beneficial to the US to 'fake' the moon landing during the space race but I also can't help but think that the USSR would have called us out for faking it like there was no tomorrow.

Personally- I believe we landed on the moon as history taught us. I also believe that we stopped going to the moon because after we met that huge milestone and 'won' the space race, it was determined that from the 'powers to be' in Congress and NASA that further exploration of the moon was a money pit without any further gains/ROI to be had from pouring additional funding into the moon effort.

I love this topic but I'll keep my response short and to the point.

-LD

Reactions: Ronws

Reminds me of the memoirs of Zack Wylde. Rule #1 on a tour bus is no #2. Those are non-vented tanks.

Maybe we might go to Mars to colonize. Maybe not.

Reginald Dwight once opined that "Mars ain't the kind of place to raise your kids. In fact, it's cold as hell.

And there's no on there to raise them if you did.

And I think it's going to be a long, long time 'til touchdown brings me down and I get to find I'm not the man they think I am at home.

Oh no, no, no.

I'm a rocket man, burning out his fuse up there alone."

Maybe we might go to Mars to colonize. Maybe not.

Reginald Dwight once opined that "Mars ain't the kind of place to raise your kids. In fact, it's cold as hell.

And there's no on there to raise them if you did.

And I think it's going to be a long, long time 'til touchdown brings me down and I get to find I'm not the man they think I am at home.

Oh no, no, no.

I'm a rocket man, burning out his fuse up there alone."
If 2 or more super powers were to pool their resources we imho could lift-off within 5 years for a 1/ 5 day manned recon mission ,there are no major technical problems to be solved , it only requires determination and of course money . I do not see a colony there in the foreseeable future or any need for one . If humans wanna space campout go to the moon ....jus don't use boeing's stuff .

Last edited:
I have done rather well under this system of government and sometimes the truth has to guarded by a bodyguard of lies
I'm no pauper, but that doesn't change the fact that it is a bodyguard of lies. To pretend that there is a benevolent force behind the deception is more naivety than I am capable of mustering.