• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Mcmillan Tac 308 first impression

308 Fan

Private
Minuteman
Aug 17, 2011
My father suprised me with one of these for my birthday and on Sunday I had a chance too put a box of ammo through it after 5 sighting in rounds it was golden. I admit I was a bit off that day but it still put 15 rounds into a .75 moa group at 100 yards. It has a 20inch non threaded barrel and is topped with a nightforce 5.5 x 22 with a 56 mil objective with mildot reticle. I have the trigger set at 2.5 pounds. I will post pics when I get a chance. All I can say is this is one sweet little rifle.

Re: Mcmillan Tac 308 first impression

this-thread-completely-useless-WITHOUT-IMAGES.jpg

Yeah my owe my dad big time for this one. This rifle has one of the smoothest actions I have ever felt it is just a pleasure too shoot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308 Fan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lol not sure the pic I tried to download last night worked because I can't see it now I will try again tomorrow </div></div>

You have to upload your photo to a host site first. Try imageshack.com

Thanks Oddball I am still having issues with the whole pic thing. I will try too get some better pics tomorrow after I get back from the range I wil also try too post some range results with pics of my targets. The rifle is Tan.Lol and I have always wanted too have a brother and yeah I so owe him big time for this seriously best present ever.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Papagallos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Cabela's located in Buda, Texas had one in stock. It's price tag was over $5,000. The rifle looked well built. Congratulations on your new rig. </div></div>

I have drooled over that rifle several times

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gathumper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You suck!!!! I had to bail my dad out of jail on my birthday. Great looking rifle, bet your proud. </div></div>

That's hilarious. Thanks for the morning laugh.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gathumper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You suck!!!! I had to bail my dad out of jail on my birthday. Great looking rifle, bet your proud.</div></div>

LMAO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gathumper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You suck!!!! I had to bail my dad out of jail on my birthday. Great looking rifle, bet your proud. </div></div>

Dude that sucks.
I Have too say it is worth every penny of the almost $9000 my dad paid for it because he bought the whole kit that comes with the hard case and drag bag and extra mags. My camera wasnt working today but it shoots dead nut well as long as I do my part lol. I have noticed it hates too be super clean it shoots way better dirty so I probably wont clean it again till its accuracy falls off. It easily shoots 1/4 groups 1/2 inch if I pull one. Loves the Federal 168gr Gold Medal Ammo. And the Night Force Scope is the best piece of glass I have ever used it is even clearer than my spotting scope. I love this rifle. I have shot surgeon rifles in the past and the the Mcmillan shoots better for me but that could just be me.

My dad is amazing but I have too admit and I even told him this today that the best thing he ever did for me and the one thing that I will never be able too thank him enough for is the fact that he taught me too shoot in the first place and all the time and money he invested in making it too where I am good enough too shoot a rifle like this too its full potential. I have been shooting since I was 5 years old and I know it is only because he took that time too show me the right way too do things all those years when I was younger that I am as good as I am today.