• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

MDT ACC Chassis

What LOP would you like? We are working on shortening it right now.

Agreed with above. 13" on the low end would be enough for me I'd think. Ideally for this type of chassis I think 12.5-14.25 would fit the majority of shooters from youth/women up to larger adults. I've found it's much easier to adjust to a shorter length of pull than it is to one that is too long. You also sell the 1" spacer for the big boys. I'd just think if your chassis fit women and smaller shooters it would be much more appealing to a larger market.

I guess my question is more around being able to retrofit existing chassis for a shorter LOP without having to buy an entire new buttstock assembly for $369.00 which would really suck.

@bjay and @generalzip we realized that the 13.8" ish LOP to begin with was too long and current production chassis have all been shortened to roughly 13.5" (minimum) LOP moving forward. We're also shortening the buttstocks, which will then bring the LOP down to a 13.3" ish minimum (14.3" ish maximum).

If, at any point with your chassis, you are unhappy with something like the LOP, we will work with you to remedy it. If you already have a chassis and it's not working, let our support team know and we'll do what we can for you. If you're on the fence on buying a chassis and need a shorter LOP, bear with us as we are making it shorter :) If you're looking for a sub-13" LOP, let our support team know again, and we'll have to make a seperate buttstock (one we have enough requests).

Last edited:
@bjay and @generalzip we realized that the 13.8" ish LOP to begin with was too long and current production chassis have all been shortened to roughly 13.5" (minimum) LOP moving forward. We're also shortening the buttstocks, which will then bring the LOP down to a 13.3" ish minimum (14.3" ish maximum).

If, at any point with your chassis, you are unhappy with something like the LOP, we will work with you to remedy it. If you already have a chassis and it's not working, let our support team know and we'll exchange it or find a way to get it shorter. If you're on the fence on buying a chassis and need a shorter LOP, bear with us as we are making it shorter :) If you're looking for a sub-13" LOP, let our support team know again, and we'll have to make a seperate buttstock (one we have enough requests).
Thats a service..now i feel really obligated to purchase lol
Ok pls keep us posted when the shortened LOP is ready for purchase. Ty brother for listening

Cool, cause with a 28” barrel and brake
, it just barely fits in a pelican

Attachments

• 5F582D4F-9CC4-4B43-8EE9-0E52E60DB428.jpeg
    5F582D4F-9CC4-4B43-8EE9-0E52E60DB428.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 212
Reactions: MDT_Josh
I have been using the MDT ACC in matches this year and am really liking it a lot. I have noticed it is easier to stabilize off barricades and structures in matches - pretty sure have picked up points in matches from using the MDT that I would have not gotten with other chassis I have used.
Also (and a big also) the guys at MDT are absolutely first rate people to work with! They are extremely helpful, answer questions quickly and sincerely appreciate user feedback.

Reactions: MDT_OFFICIAL
What do you think makes it easier to stabilize? I'm really excited to get this chassis and bolt my barreled action in. I'm not sure how i never looked at this before. The amount you can adjust this thing is crazy.

Reactions: MDT_OFFICIAL
What do you think makes it easier to stabilize? I'm really excited to get this chassis and bolt my barreled action in. I'm not sure how i never looked at this before. The amount you can adjust this thing is crazy.

I think it has to do with the amount of adjustment you can do to obtain a balance that suits your action/scope/barrel combo. You can get internal and external weights, making it incredibly easy to not only get the balance the way you prefer but also the weight you like to run. I also really like how far out front the fore-end sticks out. Not only can you get a bipod way out front if you like, but this also allows you to rest the front of the rifle on objects further away than most stocks/chassis would allow.

I got a half off coupon from a prize table for the ACC. I assume weights are not discounted with it.
When will the side folder be out? Weeks? Summer? Fall?
I don't see why the side weights are so pricey. Couldn't I bolt on a heavier continuous metal bar on each side? New product?

I got a half off coupon from a prize table for the ACC. I assume weights are not discounted with it.
When will the side folder be out? Weeks? Summer? Fall?
I don't see why the side weights are so pricey. Couldn't I bolt on a heavier continuous metal bar on each side? New product?

That is correct; the coupon is for the chassis (and buttstock). It is not applied to the weight, grips or magazines. We are currently looking at summer; please keep in mind that is an estimate at this time. When you factor in the machine time, finishing (nitriding), features (QD sling mount), and the hardware (stainless steel screws with high-quality M-lok dovetails.) We think they are a great price for a pair of weights! Plus the ability to add .78 pounds to anything with two M-lok slots is amazing!

We looked into this early on; however, we decided the ability to balance your rifle and the modularity of being able to use the weights on many different platforms was the direction we wanted to go. Thank you for your feedback!

We are currently looking at summer; please keep in mind that is an estimate at this time.

That's reasonable for a new product. However "summer " could be from June until September and I'm finishing my second rifle just as soon as I see what I'm getting off the prize table in 3 weeks. It sounds like I should just live with the non folder so I can have a spare rig in June and not be waiting on a chassis. I've got enough unassembled parts laying around already.

Hey if I get a second half off would that mean I only pay for the weights ?

2019 - MT RTC APRIL.JPG

2 Matches so far on this bad boy up in MT & WA. Im a fiberglass sort of shooter, but being able to add weights for balance, hiding bad mechanics, etc etc is a really nice feature. ha. 25 lbs as it sits with all the weights in it. I love it. My partner hates it. lol.

Long forearm is a really nice feature, esp on barricades that are sloped or hard to reach and also crazy steep terrain for adjusting bipod location... Adjustable grip is phenominal, esp for me due small hands.

Last 2 matches were rain/snow matches. Nvr noticed sheek piece being cold or slippery. That being said I will be ordering the Wiebad cheek cvr because its amazing.

ETA - its currently getting a RW&B paintjob as we speek. ha.

GL
DT

Last edited:
That's reasonable for a new product. However "summer " could be from June until September and I'm finishing my second rifle just as soon as I see what I'm getting off the prize table in 3 weeks. It sounds like I should just live with the non folder so I can have a spare rig in June and not be waiting on a chassis. I've got enough unassembled parts laying around already.

Hey if I get a second half off would that mean I only pay for the weights ?
Yes, we don't have an exact date right now. But we will be working on it! We hope to have it available as soon as we can! Keep checking with us.

[QUOTE="sleeplz, post: 7716134, member: 113971"
Is the cheek piece metal, does it get hot in the sun and cold in the winter?
[/QUOTE]
It's a plastic cheek riser sitting on a steel plate underneath. I've never found it to bad for temperatures!

Got my chassis yesterday, and put my barreled action in. Super impressed with this chassis, everything bolted up perfect. Buttstock seems awesome as far as fit, adjustment, and finish. Can’t wait to shoot. Really impressed, no comparison to MPA and Magpul in my opinion. YMMV

Got my chassis yesterday, and put my barreled action in. Super impressed with this chassis, everything bolted up perfect. Buttstock seems awesome as far as fit, adjustment, and finish. Can’t wait to shoot. Really impressed, no comparison to MPA and Magpul in my opinion. YMMV

In your opinion, what makes it so much better than the MPA or Magpul? Not hating at all, just curious. I have a Magpul Pro 700 and can give my thoughts on the differences in each.

In your opinion, what makes it so much better than the MPA or Magpul? Not hating at all, just curious. I have a Magpul Pro 700 and can give my thoughts on the differences in each.

Much longer forend gives you more flexibility with regard to where you put your bipod. You can weight it up a lot more. Adjustable grip fore / aft to get your hand as close or as far away as you want from the trigger. Is it a lot better, no, but it does add some features I found worthwhile.

Recoil lug on my Curtis action definitely fit tight with ACC, Magpul didn’t really sit tight against the pocket. Felt like screw holes wouldn’t let it slide back enough. The thumb rest on ACC seemed to fit me much better, and cheek rest, and length of pull adjustments seemed much more precise and tight to me. Not knocking either of these other chassis, ACC just seems more like I imagined a Cadex or AI chassis being. The ability to adjust weights for balance seems like a huge plus as well. The Magpul is a nice chassis as well, just doesn’t feel like the same level of quality to me, but not trying to hate on other chassis, just impressed with ACC.