• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Messin' Around with 3D Modeling

Mosley

Private
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2012
Pennsylvania
Got a program that I used in our Vocational Technologies School while in High School, I went for Mechanical Engineering and am Certified by the State of Pennsylvania! It's AutoDESK Inventor 2010. While not the newest, it is like Microsoft Office Word, they only change how it looks not how it functions! Pretty Sweet Program! Here was my stab at a Mil-spec Picatinny Rail!

pictinny.jpg

pictin2-1.jpg

Re: Messin' Around with 3D Modeling

You should try pro engineer, or creo parametric. Thats what theyre calling it now. We use it in the MET program in which I am enrolled, pretty fun stuff.

Re: Messin' Around with 3D Modeling

I worked with Lockheed Martin to build a Battle Bot to fight other Vo-techs around PA at CALU. We messed with Solid Works and they showed us their old ProE they still had installed. Pretty sure it was the 1st edition haha.

I was taught to use AutoDESK Inventor for 4 years so I am pretty comfortable with it!
laugh.gif

As for where in PA I am, I'm in Ebensburg, PA. 35 minutes outside of Johnstown or Hollidaysburg.

Anyone have any further measurements or anything to add to this? It's a mount for a M4 PG

PGmount.jpg