• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1578328458132.png

Have you ever been to Saas Fee ? We're going there too. It isn't run over like the Berner Oberland. Mostly locals, a few Krauts and Brits. Next valley to the east from Zermatt. Also going to Les Diablerets, just up the hill from Montreaux and Martigny. Mostly Frogs from the SW part of Switzerland. Although, I did run up a healthy bar tab there last year, drinking with a bunch of college kids. They were from all over........Israel, Indonesia, Viet Nam, Norway, etc. Had a hoot and a hell of a hangover the next morning.

We have a room at one of the hotels on the cliffs at Murren, just across the valley from Canadian corner (Lauberhorn World Cup Downhill). We'll be on the balcony, looking across (and down to Lauterbrunnen), and watching Patroulle Suisse practicing. We get out the day before the races start ;)

Last edited:
Have you ever been to Saas Fee ? We're going there too. It isn't run over like the Berner Oberland. Mostly locals, a few Krauts and Brits. Next valley to the east from Zermatt. Also going to Les Diablerets, just up the hill from Montreaux and Martigny. Mostly Frogs from the SW part of Switzerland. Although, I did run up a healthy bar tab there last year, drinking with a bunch of college kids. They were from all over........Israel, Indonesia, Viet Nam, Norway, etc. Had a hoot and a hell of a hangover the next morning.

We have a room at one of the hotels on the cliffs at Murren, just across the valley from Canadian corner (Lauberhorn World Cup Downhill). We'll be on the balcony, looking across (and down to Lauterbrunnen), and watching Patroulle Suisse practicing. We get out the day before the races start ;)

not been to far south in SasFee . when there I just spent majority of my times in the Lauterbrunnen valley and going up,hiking routes and spots both sides of the valley walls every day . definitely good food everywhere and then getting a buzz on at the horner pub and other spots sometimes .
edit add: .
Was good also for me to get there to understanding of my gene pool a little as my grandparents immigrated to US and were from Bern and Zurich . To get a good idea of how/why they were such Stubborn HardAsses .

Last edited:
not been to far south in SasFee . when there I just spent majority of my times in the Lauterbrunnen valley and going up,hiking routes and spots both sides of the valley walls every day . definitely good food everywhere and then getting a buzz on at the horner pub and other spots sometimes .
edit add: .
Was good also for me to get there to understanding of my gene pool a little as my grandparents immigrated to US and were from Bern and Zurich . To get a good idea of how/why they were such Stubborn HardAsses .

It's funny, we've been going for close to 12 years now, at least twice a year. We've gotten to the point where we can fairly accurately pick out where the locals are from from their speech and mannerisms. Generally, the Swiss/Austrians are from the E/NE part of the country, Swiss/Italians are from the S/SE/central part of the country, the Swiss/French are from the S/central/SW part of the country and the Swiss/Germans are from the W/NW, N central and N/NE part of the country. They all line up along geographic borders, not really any surprises there. There are also the "Romansch", who are Swiss/Roman descendants, who are a small minority and typically found in the same/similar area(s) as the Swiss/Italians. We've talked to a few Romansch, but they blend with the Swiss/Italian/Germans pretty tightly. I think the majority of Romansch are around the St. Moritz/Poschiavo/Pontresina area.

Oh, and "Sina's" in Wengen has easily the highest quality, best, most delicious cheeseburger I have ever had in my life. Go to the bar. The main restaurant is really good too, but the bar has a lot of character.......

Reactions: Barneybdb