• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

I got you beat all to hell on this subject.......

Musta been about 1974, I had the chance to buy an original (but beat up) 1950's Mercedes 300SL Gullwing. They were asking $7,000.00 for it. Being in High School, I had nowhere near that amount of money. I think they are in the multiple millions nowdays.
I was willing to pay him 10K in 1982. He was at 15K firm. If the engine would have been stronger….maybe ?

'Those were the days...'

snowflakes-never-would-have-made-it-through-our-day-sanford-son-archie-bunker.jpg

So, was looking for an optic for a new upper, and saw this… seems kind of fucked up to me. It would appear Optics Planet is trying to redirect EuroOptic customers to their website:

View attachment 8256919

I get that it’s not spelled the same, but an unsuspecting person or someone not in the community would certainly fall for it. Big fan of Euro Optic and their .mil discounts…they’ve taken care of me a couple times when I fucked up an order too.

Don’t like to see site sponsors get screwed, even if only peripherally.
I agree, except that Europtics is not and hasn’t been a site sponsor here since the very early 2000s. Something to do with a falling out with Frank.

I’ve purchased a few things from them.

Reactions: 91Eunozs
I had a chance to buy a 69 Yenko Camaro once. Was all there , numbers matched.
Not abused , but would have been a costly project.
The engine was really weak for a 427. I passed on it , in hindsight ?? 🤔
BTW, Dunno if yer just pullin' my leg........but what do you mean by "weak" ?

Didn't those have (built) L-88's in them ? That would have been more than enough HP for me to kill myself with......

edit; L72

Last edited:
Reactions: lash
BTW, Dunno if yer just pullin' my leg........but what do you mean by "weak" ?

Didn't those have (built) L-88's in them ? That would have been more than enough HP for me to kill myself with......

edit; L72

Felt flat ….could have been carb , old plugs , lifters set ? Didn’t get far in negotiations.
Nothing that couldn’t been fixed.
The owner was actually driving it back & forth to his job at a local Nuke plant, was a 150 mile round trip !! Gas mileage sucked 😳 he had a drum of Sunoco racing fuel..
I had another 427 to compare it too in a 57 Chevy. Way stronger. Still have THAT engine on a stand , sold car in 71.

Reminds me of a run I was on once. We were 4 grown men running in the street by a city park. Some asshole punk in his mom or dads car got right behind us and laid down on his horn. We split up two to the left , two to the right.
As he drove by a passenger spit at my friend ……About a 1/2 block ahead of us a man backed out of his driveway and the punk HAD to stop. We ALL jumped on the trunk , then the top , then the hood. 😂 Made for some deep craters / dents. Wonder how he explained things to his parents ??

And I thought only road bikers had that mentality.

Honestly your running in middle of the road and get pissed off at a truck trying to drive on the road?

I can't even wrap my head around this one. Then proud of destroying his car. SMFH. I can see road bikes being this entitled, but now joggers want to run down the middle of the road too.

Felt flat ….could have been carb , old plugs , lifters set ? Didn’t get far in negotiations.
Nothing that couldn’t been fixed.
The owner was actually driving it back & forth to his job at a local Nuke plant, was a 150 mile round trip !! Gas mileage sucked 😳 he had a drum of Sunoco racing fuel..
I had another 427 to compare it too in a 57 Chevy. Way stronger. Still have THAT engine on a stand , sold car in 71.
Oh……and about that dragboat with the 427 L-88 in it that I sold in 1978 for $2,000.00 :eek: :rolleyes::cry: