• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

Acid GIFs, October 26 (25 gifs)

Omg I'm stupid for even attempting to remodel my master bath. First ever bathroom job [not counting @akmike47 giving me a handy in public bathrooms].
Ah yes, the "little remodel" that you think will take a few days, a week tops..! Been there, my friend. Have you had your "what the fuck did they do this for" moment yet? Best of luck.

Ah yes, the "little remodel" that you think will take a few days, a week tops..! Been there, my friend. Have you had your "what the fuck did they do this for" moment yet? Best of luck.
Omg. So many WTF moments already. Like the plumbing is centered in the alcove, but the sink was offset to the left... like 😵‍💫 wtf.

Peasant activities. Go be poor somewhere else. I'm gonna do something like this, but 72" wide and a butcher block top and cool glass bowl sink.
Screenshot_20231025_182807_Wayfair.jpg

Your first damn problem is that you have a bucket from Harbor Freight. What other substandard equipment have you purchased for this job?
I used my Milwaukee M12 Fuel oscillating multi tool and M18 Fuel impact driver to rip apart that bullshit vanity.

Buckets are a non-critical item.

16982873307815652047112118146286.jpg

Insulting a man's tooling is just not cool

16982875529975123058114322187093.jpg

Broski, I've been at this re-flooring my whole house/remodel since beginning of August.... by myself.

There's a reason tile guys charge $10/ft² in just labor to install......

IMG-20231023-WA0000.jpeg

All BS aside, that tile is very cool.
It really is. Wouldn't have meshed with the actual old oak floor I refinished at my place but I like it a lot. I went with a "neutral earthtone."-Ho at the time, my pops calls it "gonorrhea green." Since I epoxied the floor in the garage, I can't rattle can shit out there any more. Maybe I'm just drunk.

Problem with bathrooms is they are every “trade” in a 8x8 area.

Mess with a den or bedroom no pluming

Run a radiator line no real plumbing or electrical

Bathrooms are a small house
I agree. It's definitely going to be a learning curve..... But that's the best way to learn.

It really is. Wouldn't have meshed with the actual old oak floor I refinished at my place but I like it a lot. I went with a "neutral earthtone."-Ho at the time, my pops calls it "gonorrhea green." Since I epoxied the floor in the garage, I can't rattle can shit out there any more. Maybe I'm just drunk.
Definitely a big upgrade from 12x12 glossy white tile from God knows when.

20231012_134147.jpg
20231009_154344.jpg

@lariat #HarborFreightBucket

Definitely a big upgrade from 12x12 glossy white tile from God knows when.

View attachment 8257531View attachment 8257532

@lariat #HarborFreightBucket
We wound up going with the wood-look tile too. I fought, and fought my wife on that choice…I wanted real hardwood floors. So happy that we went with the tile now though.

Place had poorly cared for polished concrete floors when we bought it, and spent the first 45 days after buying it in our old house while we got shit done here. Floors, shelves and cabinets in the recessed alcoves on either side of the fireplace, etc.

IMG_7524-X5.jpg

Only difference is I’m not talented enough (and far too lazy) to do that shit myself; busted up knees make it a non-starter anyway, LoL.

And yes, we know the curtains are hung too high! 🤣. That pic is a couple years old now…taken right after we first moved in.

better pic of the floors:

65324718439__AB88FF24-5779-4538-9BEC-E764B5D6349B-4K.jpg

Edit: and about to go through round two of kitchen renovations. Getting rid of the microwave cabinet (replacing with a regular cabinet), re-doing that butler’s pantry with shelves and taller counter-height cabinets, painting the cabinets white…with the island, stove hood, and new, taller cabinets in the butler’s pantry getting painted that ‘Fox Black’ (dark blue) color of the cabinets on either side of the fireplace.

Kind of like this:

IMG_2833-4K.jpg

Last edited:
We wound up going with the wood-look tile too. I fought, and fought my wife on that choice…I wanted real hardwood floors. So happy that we went with the tile now though.

Place had poorly cared for polished concrete floors when we bought it, and spent the first 45 days after buying it in our old house while we got shit done here. Floors, shelves and cabinets in the recessed alcoves on either side of the fireplace, etc.

IMG_7524-X5.jpg

Only difference is I’m not talented enough (and far too lazy) to do that shit myself; busted up knees make it a non-starter anyway, LoL.

And yes, we know the curtains are hung too high! 🤣. That pic is a couple years old now…taken right after we first moved in.

better pic of the floors:

65324718439__AB88FF24-5779-4538-9BEC-E764B5D6349B-4K.jpg

Edit: and about to go through round two of kitchen renovations. Getting rid of the microwave cabinet (replacing with a regular cabinet), re-doing that butler’s pantry with shelves and taller counter-height cabinets, painting the cabinets white with the island, stove hood, and new, taller cabinets in the butler’s pantry getting painted that ‘Fox Black’ (dark blue) color of the inserts on either side of the fireplace.

Kind of like this:

IMG_2833-4K.jpg
Looks amazing 👏. Wood or "wood" floors really change the vibe/energy of the place