• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1722289735571.png

Back at the end of October I brought home a 1948 Willys. It looked really nice, but it had been sitting in this old couple's garage for decades, and everything made of rubber was rotten and/or brittle. By the end of day 2 driving, I was leaving my tire tread in the roadway along with all the old, rubberized cloth on all the wiring. Since then, whenever I felt sufficiently inspired, I'd fix or replace the most glaring problem and see what popped up next.

At long last, the Willys isn't done quite yet, but it's ready to be driven. The last series of repairs required more extensive and more difficult work than I would have believed possible. But that work is done and done properly. Just as I was tightening the last nuts and bolts, FedEx pulled up with its new tires. I just came from having them mounted and balanced this afternoon. I'm in love with those tires.

B A Willys.jpg

I wasn't exactly brave enough to drive it through Salinas City commuter traffic with no taillights, so that tow bar became something more than just a hood ornament. (Seriously, these days if you signal a right turn, young idiots think you're flipping them off and are likely start shooting at you.)

Shiloh promptly said "MINE". I took her for a quick drive around the neighborhood. She's a bad ass girl and she likes her bad ass Jeep.
B A Willys2.jpg

The carburetor needs some work. She's hard starting and coughs up a few hairballs before she settles down and runs well. It's literally been decades since I've owned anything with a carburetor, but I'll get it figured out. So now I'll get it cleaned up and start putting it through its paces to see what should be done next.

Deer season is only a few weeks away...