• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1723232128105.png

1723232156913.png

I’m here today and as well as untold millions of Americans and Japanese are as well because of Little Boy and Fat Man.
My bleeding heart, New Brunswick raised, 1/2 French, classic New England liberal grandmother supported the decision to bomb Hiroshima and Nagasaki even into her later years when it wasn't necessarily a popular position. My German speaking grandfather (her soon to be husband), who had been in the European theatre was on a troop transport headed for Japan when they dropped the bombs. She was still mad about Pearl, and was totally ok with using the nuclear option to end what they started. I couldn't believe it hearing her say all this, it changed my opinion of her a little, and really showed how Americans of that generation could set aside politics and look at things pragmatically. Odds are, I wouldn't be here if we didn't end the war when we did.