• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

D3FE5968-68AD-42B8-9F0C-27ACF3B8BA7A.jpeg

I learned to park on a hill. Still got an old m38a1 jeep that all it takes for its little 4 cyls is about 4 feet and it fires right up.
Had a Ford 3/4 ton with the old 300 six. Damaged or broke a tooth on the flywheel. If the engine stopped just right the starter would not engage. So, I always parked it on an incline so if that issue occurred i could roll it a bit, the engage the clutch to turn the engine over a bit to allow the starter to catch.

So much wrong with that truck. After the Vega/Monza debacle, and a Camaro that was the pits, I had turned to Ford. The Fords turned out to be even worse. So, I returned to the Chevy/GMC fold for trucks and our good ole Miata and never looked back. The last two Suburbans I owned and our current GMC pickup have proven to be wonders compared to the vehicles we owned that were built in the 70’s 80’s and 90’s. (Except that 1990 GMC Suburban which went right at 300,000 miles without any major issues)

Reactions: lash
And it did not skip Crestview...or Niceville.
Well not exactly, our son lives in Valparaiso, which is back to back with Niceville and before he purchased his home, he lived in Crestview. And he is Louisiana born through and through. (Though if truth be known, he is a North Louisiana man.).

Reactions: lash
No, cause I don’t wanna wake up in a hotel room with one of my kidneys missing… and with my luck they’ll probably take the good one.
Serious question.

If you are kidnapped and taken somewhere where someone would remove your kidney and leave you in a bathtub full of ice, why wouldn't they take both kidneys (and possibly other parts)?

Had a Ford 3/4 ton with the old 300 six. Damaged or broke a tooth on the flywheel. If the engine stopped just right the starter would not engage. So, I always parked it on an incline so if that issue occurred i could roll it a bit, the engage the clutch to turn the engine over a bit to allow the starter to catch.

So much wrong with that truck. After the Vega/Monza debacle, and a Camaro that was the pits, I had turned to Ford. The Fords turned out to be even worse. So, I returned to the Chevy/GMC fold for trucks and our good ole Miata and never looked back. The last two Suburbans I owned and our current GMC pickup have proven to be wonders compared to the vehicles we owned that were built in the 70’s 80’s and 90’s. (Except that 1990 GMC Suburban which went right at 300,000 miles without any major issues)

HA!

had a 74 Vega in high school,
decent car, handled well, for a Vega

no idea what the mileage was , gas wise, but between fill ups (as in full tanks) it burned 4 quarts of oil, sometimes more,

hot day?? get up to speed before turning on the AC, if the AC was on and you stopped for a light or stop sign, the car would stall out,

next was a 77 Ford F100 custom, short bed, 300 6cyl an d 3 on the tree,

ran great, strong motor, but the linkage was toast and it would pop loose sometimes,
so whatever gear it was in, you just found a place to pull over, get under it and pop the connections back together,

eventually put a floor shift in it, and no more issues

till I totaled it,

3 vehicle was a Toyota Celica, which had 60K on it when I bought it, and all I ever did to it was a water pump,

I’m not sure why Val’p is not a part of Niceville.
Because Val’p was incorporated first. Niceville is on the other side of Boggy Bayou and it was just a small vil when it was incorporated and they were no where close to each other. Then Niceville kept expanding until it ran into Val’P.

On a non related subject, not many folks understand Val’P

Reactions: Keeper22 and lash
Dunno, region 5 has enough money for the best facilities, equipment, training, and can recruit anyone they need. Pretty much like the US in the actual hunger games ehh olympics. They'd take an early beating but would catch up.
Your deflated footballs ain’t skeerin’ no one!

Dunno, region 5 has enough money for the best facilities, equipment, training....

Region 1 and 5 have been infiltrating moles and sleeper cells into region 3 for the last 40+ years.

Region 4 is safe, no one wants to go there.

"Ten months of winter, two months of dang poor sledding."

Last edited:
District 5 does have some fracking, but probably 10% of what's needed, and 9% of of the American farmland. Probably 5% what's needed in terms of food. Your cities would explode with mass starvation. The electricity "grid" is not generation. Not enough nuclear, and you need oil and coal to generate power, and you don't have even a fraction of what you need.
5 can't survive on it's own with it's own population by a country mile. It would be mass starvation and darkness, not because of the grid, but because of fuel.

Not that the others don't also have holes, just not as big and critical.

2 probably is the most sustainable. Crops like potatoes would be the key.

District 5 does have some fracking, but probably 10% of what's needed, and 9% of of the American farmland. Probably 5% what's needed in terms of food. Your cities would explode with mass starvation. The electricity "grid" is not generation. Not enough nuclear, and you need oil and coal to generate power, and you don't have even a fraction of what you need.
5 can't survive on it's own with it's own population by a country mile. It would be mass starvation and darkness, not because of the grid, but because of fuel.

Not that the others don't also have holes, just not as big and critical.

2 probably is the most sustainable. Crops like potatoes would be the key.
I love how people think that districts would just stay where they are and not walk 2 states over lol

NYC has 35,000 LE all armed and access to to same equipment. That’s a battalion

Yea, and they're outnumbered something like 4,000/1 when starvation hits. My guess is that they all ban together and protect their own rather than answering to their Panem masters.

If our country regionalized and fractured EVERYTHING would change, period. Just assuming you can migrate to another state/region is not a valid assumption. If shit breaks down the North East its the least sustainable and the last place I would want to be. Probably better off in the desert just because there are fewer people.

Reactions: BurtG
Actually the all mighty Texas starved in the dark when the grid went down for a bit, their own doing by the way

District 5 had 2 years of back to back hurricanes that dropped power for over a week in heavily populated areas…like it never happened
Actually we didn’t starve… we just had no power and it was in the negatives from the panhandle all the way down to the gulf coast. ERCOT fucked Texans over big time.

Reactions: XP1K and 91Eunozs
Actually the all mighty Texas starved in the dark when the grid went down for a bit, their own doing by the way

District 5 had 2 years of back to back hurricanes that dropped power for over a week in heavily populated areas…like it never happened
Do you even know what the hell you are talking about? That's not even true. Many never lost power.

Reactions: Ironman1959