• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

87583389.jpeg

I don't believe it is a total human thing it is a politician human thing....anything to stay in the limelight regardless of how vouch power you have or are perceived to have.

With people that have principles ingrained in them this decision does not come into play.
It is applicable to the large majority of humans. Hardship, social or economic, shatters most principled people. Exhibit 1, covid.

I'd argue it's the opposite. Hardship forges and tempers people. It is an essential element of forming a complete human being with strong principals who is rooted in reality. It is the lack of hardship that shatters people when it comes. Those who are accustomed to it shrug and carry on. Overprotecting kids is a primary cause, and whatever aspersions you want to cast on the Boomers, they did NOT overprotect us. If anything they made it clear how disinterested they were in raising us. I'll take that seven days a week and twice on Sunday over abusing children by being a helicopter parent and wanting to be your kid's friend. That is why we are devolving and every successive generation is weaker than the last.

We have to tell our children that the grill is hot, so don't touch it, and then let our children touch the hot grill and get burned. This is the way.

It is applicable to the large majority of humans. Hardship, social or economic, shatters most principled people. Exhibit 1, covid.
I'd argue it's the opposite. Hardship forges and tempers people. I
I would argue that it is both at the same time.

Hardship and struggle will filter people into 2 groups.

The West has been prosperous for so long that there is an overabundance of soft, unprincipled people.
True hardships will separate people quickly and with zero emotion.

Reality gives zero shits about what you want or need.

Last edited: