• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

MPA Grip on AR-10 Pictures

Subwrx300

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Jan 15, 2014
Cedar Springs, MI
I love the MPA grip on by buddy's rifle and I wanted to put one of a few of my rifles. I was concerned about fit, trigger placement/access and safety detent spring hole. I've been searching all over online but have yet to see any photos of an MPA Vertical Grip on an AR-10 or any confirmations that it fits... so I bought one. Pictures below.

NOTES:
  • It fits BUT you will need to drill a hole for the safety detent spring (proper depth, diameter and location) to keep the safety function working.
  • Depending on the type of trigger you have, you may or may not have clearance forward to have a 90deg trigger finger. I have plenty but its a Hyperfire with a trigger shoe, that sets face forward a fair amount. Should be okay for flat faced triggers but bowed stock triggers may be a touch back forcing either relief of the grip or odd angle on trigger finger. Just a note in case anyone thought of trying this on their rifle.
  • Will likely NOT work with a long 90deg ambi safety selector; may work with short 45deg switch or rocker. The switch would hit the bump out on the right side.
IMG_20180629_211518.jpg
IMG_20180629_211506.jpg
IMG_20180629_211532.jpg
IMG_20180629_211545.jpg
IMG_20180629_211602.jpg