• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Muzzle Brake

wwrhodes91

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2012
Sorry if this is the wrong forum section, but I wasn't sure where to post. I was just wondering if anyone knew of some stainless steel muzzle brakes for under $100. Also, is there any reason I should need to have a gunsmith do the install?

Re: Muzzle Brake

Any chance you can provide a link?
Only two brakes I can find on the RWS site are more than twice the $45 as mentioned. All I am seeing is stuff above $125?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wwrhodes</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Also, is there any reason I should need to have a gunsmith do the install? </div></div>

If you have a lathe to thread your barrel and can time the brake, then you won't need anything else. If not, you'll need a 'smith.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mscott</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wwrhodes</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Also, is there any reason I should need to have a gunsmith do the install? </div></div>

If you have a lathe to thread your barrel and can time the brake, then you won't need anything else. If not, you'll need a 'smith. </div></div>

Barrel is already threaded. I would imagine the port style brakes would just be a simple install. No orientation necessary.