• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

My New Savage

ingobwetrust

Private
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2006
Stoddard, NH
Still waiting on an EGW base but will probably leave it as is otherwise since it shot 5 rounds of 168 FGMMs into 1/2" at 100 yards today! It's got a 22" fluted barrel but the flutes are kind of hard to see since the pics aren't that good. The stock came in a light tan but I did a rattle can job on it before anything else. Please feel free to give your opinions on it, I don't bruise too easily!

10FCP1.jpg

10FCP2.jpg

Re: My New Savage

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">other then the top rail riser on the ring it looks good. </div></div>

I'm not crazy about the aesthetic of the riser either but it's necessary for the light I'll be using on it for Coyote hunting later this month.

You might find this thread interesting.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...758#Post1727758

I'm also working on my cousin's stock now doing some of this on the inside of the stock but also adding forarms as well. It's starting to look a bit like a B&C for a grand total of 30.00. I may post up some build pics on it or just the finished product.

Good luck,
Merritt

I'm not crazy about the aesthetic of the riser either but it's necessary for the light I'll be using on it for Coyote hunting later this month. [/quote]

Fur friendly combo...lol. Actually, the riser is a good idea...I have a PEPR on my AR and was having problems mounting my Kill Light with enough clearance..you have just solved my problem..BTW...gun looks good to me.

IMHO, when you have a light hanging off of the top of your scope it's going to look very ugly...
I'd personally look into some forend rails to mount it on instead. Thats just me though, and it would get the light closer to the bore as well which is a plus to me actually for some of the same reasons we use the lowest scope rings we can find.

Nice rifle though, i like that paint
smile.gif

Regards,
Dylan

It's a .308 Model 10 FCP that was special ordered with a 22" fluted (but not threaded) barrel. It was ordered by someone at the local Dick's Sporting goods but they backed out and forfeited their deposit and I was able to swoop in for a great deal!

Question; does anyone make a good extended mag release for these?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: inGobwetrust</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's a .308 Model 10 FCP that was special ordered with a 22" fluted (but not threaded) barrel. It was ordered by someone at the local Dick's Sporting goods but they backed out and forfeited their deposit and I was able to swoop in for a great deal!

Question; does anyone make a good extended mag release for these? </div></div>

this is funny, i bought the same gun from dicks too except mine had the black stock, and the guy told me the same story, so i bought it, i think i payed around 550 for it, the only difference is mine had the bolt release in the trigger guard, i would like the know the barrel twist tho, savages web site had no info on that model.

10's are all 1/10 i think. also inGob, your choices are either SSS and their 9 round mags. good luck there. or CDI bottom metal. the SSS are really nice but ive been waiting since march last year. still no luck

edit: sorry, i didnt catch the release part. i have not seen one yet. it would be nice huh?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cameron L</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: inGobwetrust</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's a .308 Model 10 FCP that was special ordered with a 22" fluted (but not threaded) barrel. It was ordered by someone at the local Dick's Sporting goods but they backed out and forfeited their deposit and I was able to swoop in for a great deal!

Question; does anyone make a good extended mag release for these? </div></div>

this is funny, i bought the same gun from dicks too except mine had the black stock, and the guy told me the same story, so i bought it... </div></div>

Hmmm, that's funny! Wonder if that's a sales tactic? Glad I like it or I'd be pissed!

Some lens caps, maybe a honeycomb face for the front lens. For the butt stock a sweet looking ammo or Rifle stock pack from Triad. Camo job looks good, nice job.

azprecision will modify your factory handle with any knob you want. i have tried one that SUCKED. some are made for flat top receivers and they are easy to spot. make sure the place you get it from has a good return policy. my first attempt to try one wanted a restocking fee. until i raised a little hell. but just look around

It's not that hard to install a different bolt knob yourself. The Savage shooters forum details the process. You might just find a different bolt handle though not like they are hard to change out either.