• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

name the rifle stock

Pete Lincoln

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Guys we are looking for a cool name for our new rifle chassis system stock.
we already called the other one RCS II, bieng the 2nd Gen Roedale Chassis System.
but what the hell do we call the new one.
I know pics might help, but ive not done any yet

anyone got ideas?

its designed for the Avenger II and other Remington foot print actions.

I thought about calling it the striker, but using the € sign as the e
STRIK€R.. na thats naff,.

or RATS for Roedale Avenger Tactical Stock.

come on guys, help. we want to machine the name on the side of the stock maybe.
Pete

Re: name the rifle stock

maybe rcs 3

maybe roedal advanced avanger chassis system raacs

maybe roedal precision ultimate striker

maybe roedal precision striker chassis system

maybe roedal precision longbow striker

Pete,

How about:

Roedale Taktisches Modulfahrgestell

or in english

Roedale Tactical Chassis (RTC)

Of course RATS for Roedale Advanced Tactical System kind of sings...

Roedale Advanced Battle Interceptor Engineered Stock

or just RABIES for short.....

I like it.....
wink.gif

When you use my name, I better get a free one of these bad boys!

Hi Pete!

Since you call the system Avenger II and this is the stock for this system: Call it RACS as suggested above. Roedale Avenger Chassi System. Looking forward to see it at IWA.

/ Johan

Thank you Pete for the illustrations. The "no name" rifle stock looks really good. It's definitely a candidate for my new rifle.

STRIKER, The Ultimate Creator of Precision
crazy.gif

With different rear ends and grips this could be a stock that can be made to fit every shooter regardless of the "shape" of the shooter.

The more I look at the pictures I received from Pete the more I like this stock. I'm going to the IWA in Nurnberg in March and it will be very interesting to compare this one with Pete's other new stock, RCS II. One of them will be mine.

/ Johan

Sneek Preview.
These are some immages of the "no name stock" that we will be displaying at the IWA2010, 12-15th March.
Stock is to be available for remington 700 with standard 700 safety catch, also available for 700 type actions using 3 position bolt mounted safety (like our Avenger II)
Short Actions will be the 1st one of the machines. This will be in April 2010.
Stock uses AICS type magazines (5 and 10rd). There is an exchange mag catch available for use with AW magazines.(as the Avenger II can use both)
The rear end can be removed and you can swap between folder, fixed and telescopic. We are also having an adaptor to take any AR type rear butt stock.
To follow in the next few months are:
A .338 Lapua CIP version and .300winmag will follow.
We will also be putting the Tikka T3. Sako TRG, the Howa 1500, and several other actions into this stock.
There will also be a single shot match type version as well as a hunting rifle version.
proper´photos will no doubt follow from the IWA.
still dont have a name for the sod yet mind,

<span style="font-weight: bold">Telescopic Version</span>
RCSIII_02.jpg

Folder version
RCSIII_08.jpg

Folded
RCSIII_11.jpg

let me know what you guys think.
regards Pete

Nice...VERY NICE! The renderings look very promising...can't wait to see the real deal in production soon.

Keep us informed of your progress and keep up the excellent work, Pete!

Forgot to mention the bipod. it is our TRG style design, it fits the AI type attachment, and will be also sold as an accessory.
We have made the centre part of the bipod from Alloy to keep the weight down,
Multiple attachment points in the forestock for Picatinny or UIT / Anschutz type rails.
The sling attachment points can be removed and re positioned as required.
As you can see, adjustable LOP, adjustable Butt pad, (up down) Adjustable cheek. rear monopod.
takes most AR pistol grips.
The thing has got me excited.
But still dont have a name for it.
MRCS: Multi Roll Chassis System ??
MCSC: Mission Compatible Sniper Chassis??

Hell we might even end up calling it either Baldrick or Bob.
rgds Pete

<span style="text-decoration: underline">M</span>ission <span style="text-decoration: underline">A</span>daptable <span style="text-decoration: underline">C</span>hassis <span style="text-decoration: underline">S</span>ystem = <span style="font-weight: bold">MACS</span>

or

<span style="text-decoration: underline">R</span>oedale <span style="text-decoration: underline">A</span>daptable <span style="text-decoration: underline">C</span>hassis <span style="text-decoration: underline">S</span>ystem = <span style="font-weight: bold">RACS</span>

_9H, yep. most cars look similar too, as do most shovels, designed to do a job. but
<span style="font-style: italic">This is my stock. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My stock is my best friend. It is my life. ...</span>
ha..
but with this one, its made here, I dont have to wait for it to come across the pond, there isn't an exporter in between, 2 sets of customs and a courier just waiting to screw up delívery, no import tax etc. Its fairly easy for us to export to anywhere in the world from here too.
And we have realy tried very very hard to make this better by design, adaptable to future requirements, as efficient to machine as possible.
But I still can't name it.
Andy, back with a vengence, that might be a name for t stock eh. vengence.
Need a name for it this week,
rgds Pete

<span style="font-weight: bold">TWATS</span>

<span style="color: #FF0000">T</span>rue <span style="color: #FF0000">W</span>eapons <span style="color: #FF0000">A</span>djustable <span style="color: #FF0000">T</span>actical <span style="color: #FF0000">S</span>tock

BADASS:
1.)Build-Adaptable Deadly Accurate Shooting System
2.)<span style="font-weight: bold">B</span>uild-<span style="font-weight: bold">AD</span><span style="font-weight: bold">A</span>ptable Shooting System
3.)Build-Adaptable Deadly Accurate Stock System

- Thats a badass stock man!
- Thank you... as a matter of fact it is...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="text-decoration: underline">M</span>ission <span style="text-decoration: underline">A</span>daptable <span style="text-decoration: underline">C</span>hassis <span style="text-decoration: underline">S</span>ystem = <span style="font-weight: bold">MACS</span>
or
<span style="text-decoration: underline">R</span>oedale <span style="text-decoration: underline">A</span>daptable <span style="text-decoration: underline">C</span>hassis <span style="text-decoration: underline">S</span>ystem = <span style="font-weight: bold">RACS</span> </div></div>

I think the new folder KMW is working on is called the M.A.C.S. (Mission Adaptable Combat Stock) already.

Very nice Pete. Looks better than the others I've seen out there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: claynewsome</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="text-decoration: underline">M</span>ission <span style="text-decoration: underline">A</span>daptable <span style="text-decoration: underline">C</span>hassis <span style="text-decoration: underline">S</span>ystem = <span style="font-weight: bold">MACS</span>
or
<span style="text-decoration: underline">R</span>oedale <span style="text-decoration: underline">A</span>daptable <span style="text-decoration: underline">C</span>hassis <span style="text-decoration: underline">S</span>ystem = <span style="font-weight: bold">RACS</span> </div></div>

I think the new folder KMW is working on is called the M.A.C.S. (Mission Adaptable Combat Stock) already.

Very nice Pete. Looks better than the others I've seen out there. </div></div>

Oops. Damn! I just looked at KMW's site and you are 100% correct. Their project is already using the M.A.C.S. name. I don't want to step on Terry's toes or get Roedale in any $hit so please excuse the goof on my end.

For the Win!
- Refined my post above

BADASS
- Build-ADaptable Avenger Stock System

- Thats a badass stock man!
- Thank you... as a matter of fact it is...

It practically markets itself... I want a BADASS stock for my rifle...

RAMBOS
Roedale Advanced Mulitpurpose Battle Optimised Stock

could just call it the RCS III

Length of forestock, is exactly same as AICS from front of magwell.
price, as cheap as i can do it and still make it worth my while. i'm still pushing buttons, and haven't got prices back from Nitrating the steel parts or Anodising the alloy ones.
Stocks go into production immediately after Easter 2010.
I'll also put some pics of the RCSII up as soon as I have em, Those are in production now, but we've not got side pannels exactly right just yet, they are bieng fettled this week.
This name thing is bugging me,.

Pete

Wow!

That looks pretty damn good Pete. I think I might just have to have one of those.

LOL, do I smell a group buy???? Hahahahaha that would be one BIG box! I can just hear myself now...."Honey I swear all these stocks aren't mine"
laugh.gif
Or the phone call from home...."Pat, why the hell did the UPS driver just unload half of his truck onto the front porch?" "I know you're up to some kind of mischief" LMAO!

-Pat