• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

NEW- "economy" model CNC loading blocks

Tomekeuro85

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2007
Chicago Suburbs, IL
As always, I'm still making loading blocks, and now a few new things.

In my aim to make these as affordable as possible, I've come up with a cheaper "economy" version of the standard $25 blocks.

These blocks are made the same way, are just as shiny and accurately milled. They look exactly the same as my standard blocks and just as much care goes into them. They still have the rubber pads on bottom etc etc. Only difference is they are .25" thinner, so in turn the round doesn't sit as deep as the 1" blocks, and there is no engraving. These will still be more stable than a standard plastic loading block, and much heavier.

They are sized just by the size of the brass head. ie,
.350" for hornet sizes,
.378" for .223, .204, .222, etc.
.445" for PPC sizes
.473" for "standard" head size, .308, .260, and tons more.
.500" for .284win 6.5x284 etc.
.555" for .300 win mag, wsm, etc etc.

I'm pricing them at $17.50 ea. This is a savings of almost $10 off the regular 1" engraved blocks.

plus the usual $6 USPS flat rate shipping, or $11 for orders of 3 or more.

I will stock these sizes once the material comes in, and they'll be faster to ship than the full custom made ones. They'll typically ship next day or sooner.

What do you guys think?

Let me know as usual if you're interested.

PM here or better yet, email at [email protected]

Thanks!

Tom

Re: NEW- "economy" model CNC loading blocks

I will be ordering some for 6.8 SPC soon, it has a .420" case head so I assume the .475 block will work OK?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EWP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will be ordering some for 6.8 SPC soon, it has a .420" case head so I assume the .475 block will work OK?</div></div>

I would say probably the .445 size.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zuke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you make block's for the 45-70?
The case head's right around .608</div></div>

Yes I do, but that would have to be the full size block.

-Tom

I make regular non-economy blocks for the .338 Lapua... they hold 50rounds like the others. Its priced at $28 because it's a little bigger to accommodate the large round.

Hey Victor,

I actually have a thread posted in the rimfire section...

I can make these blocks in any hole size from .22LR to .600 Nitro express.

As for the "economy" blocks, I can go from .22LR to about the WSM sizes

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tomekeuro85</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EWP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will be ordering some for 6.8 SPC soon, it has a .420" case head so I assume the .475 block will work OK?</div></div>

I would say probably the .445 size.

-Tom</div></div>

Sorry thats what I meant, not sure where I got .475 from anyway.

Are the holes at least .25" deep?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor N TN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you considered making some for 22LR for pistol and Small Bore Rifle shooters? </div></div>

You should advertise these on rimfirecentral.com they have alot of shooters that reload the 22lr

There are a lot of Match shooters on the RimfireCenteral.com that might buy a few .

Don't think It's about ( reloading for Rimfire ) . But when you are shooting Rimfire & Small Bore Match . Nice to have a sweet CNC Loading Block to hold all your Rounds when you are 'Feeding Single Shot' on the firing line .