• We're Extending The Deal: Get 30% Off Your Sub With Code HIDE30

We're only offering the deal for another 24 hours!

Subscribe

New Purchase?

bigjake83

Golden Shellback
Minuteman
  • May 19, 2013
    Southern Idaho
    Hey Guys..

I'm looking to pick another rifle but I'm running low on ideas. Precision and reliability are still the main priorities, but I'm open to any ideas and was hoping y'all may know something I don't.

Here is a list of what I already own or have already done extensive testing on, also a few I'm not interested in at all.

Right now the only Large Frame rifle I can think of that would be worth buying is the Geissele MRGG. For a Small Frame the RD-15 LPR, but if I were to buy the LPR I'd probably pull the .223 Proof Research SS barrel and install a 18" - 20" Bartlein in 6ARC.

Own / Tested

JP LRP-07 / LRI-20
    JP SCI-20

Seekins SP10 / SP10M

KAC SR25 APR 20"
    KAC SR15 16"

Every Larue rifle, Large and small Frame.

LMT MWS .308 / 6.5 Creedmoor

Hk MR762A1

Daniel Defense DD5 .308 / 6.5 Creedmoor

GAP10 / GAP15

No Goes..

Anything POF
    LWRC Reaper
    SCAR 17 / 20

Thanks,

Jake

Are you looking to fill capabilities or just add another precision oriented AR? You obviously have a great collection there. Maybe a shorter barreled AR to run and gun for a different capability and skill set? I'm a big lmt fam. I love my specwar, and I love my 20" stainless 5.56 rifle. I always thought a 16" stainless Mars rifle would be a nice middle ground. I have a KAC sr15 in 16" so I doubt it would be better than that, but I like the idea of a shorter more precision oriented recce....

I wanted a new Precision AR not named 223/5.56/308 or 6.5. I have so many of each in every condition possible.

I resisted for a while but finally built a MEGA/Geissele/Craddock/Rubber City 6 ARC. Had low expectations but it's actually suprised me. Stupid accurate and flat shooting.

I'm actually shooting the 80s and it's a laser to 800. Hammering out sub 0.5moa 5 shot groups @ 100yd with many in the 0.2s and 0.3s

I like it so much I'm think I'm going to build a 22 ARC upper for it too...

I grabbed a Craddock 22" RTR barrel to see how 6 ARC performed.. I'm now going bartlein for my second barrel

Just something about 85/87gr 6mm pills going 2900-3000 out of an AR15!

I wanted a new Precision AR not named 223/5.56/308 or 6.5. I have so many of each in every condition possible.

I resisted for a while but finally built a MEGA/Geissele/Craddock/Rubber City 6 ARC. Had low expectations but it's actually suprised me. Stupid accurate and flat shooting.

I'm actually shooting the 80s and it's a laser to 800. Hammering out sub 0.5moa 5 shot groups @ 100yd with many in the 0.2s and 0.3s

I like it so much I'm think I'm going to build a 22 ARC upper for it too...

I grabbed a Craddock 22" RTR barrel to see how 6 ARC performed.. I'm now going bartlein for my second barrel

Just something about 85/87gr 6mm pills going 2900-3000 out of an AR15!

I've got tons of Custom high end builds in the collection, I'm looking for something factory out of the box that would be fun to evaluate.

Be curious to see someone on here try out the PRI MK12 Mod 0 Heavy in .308 sometime... looks pretty good as far as specs except for the milspec trigger, might be too "clonish" for some?

People talk up the quality of V7 parts, but I don’t ever hear much about their large frame rifles, that would be interesting.

Because they’re more affordable (I think PSA was selling them for something crazy like $1,300), I’d be interested in seeing how well you could get one of the Armalite Tac series rifles to shoot (.308 or 6.5 CM) in factory condition, maybe a trigger swap.

It’s probably too close to a SCAR, but there’s the B&T APC .308. I don’t know about accuracy or reliability, but the machining should be good.

For something out of left field, what if you tried out an M14 style rifle made by LRB or TonyBen? Before anyone starts shouting “Fudd!,” I have no claims to make about those rifles one way or the other, but it would be something different from another AR.

That’s about all I can think of right now, but if someone else comes to mind, I’ll mention them.

Reactions: Jsp556
    People talk up the quality of V7 parts, but I don’t ever hear much about their large frame rifles, that would be interesting.

Because they’re more affordable (I think PSA was selling them for something crazy like $1,300), I’d be interested in seeing how well you could get one of the Armalite Tac series rifles to shoot (.308 or 6.5 CM) in factory condition, maybe a trigger swap.

It’s probably too close to a SCAR, but there’s the B&T APC .308. I don’t know about accuracy or reliability, but the machining should be good.

For something out of left field, what if you tried out an M14 style rifle made by LRB or TonyBen? Before anyone starts shouting “Fudd!,” I have no claims to make about those rifles one way or the other, but it would be something different from another AR.

That’s about all I can think of right now, but if someone else comes to mind, I’ll mention them.

V7 flies low under the radar; spun out of Noveske, about an hour and a half north on I5. Lightweight, high quality parts, with PacNor barrels. It's a solid recipe. Less pretentious than Noveske too.

I’m kind of in the same boat. Looking at 6ARC just to try it out and see what the hype is and then I saw a video of the Noveske 6ARC coming out around Shot25 with their new DDF (disruptive deep flute) structured barrel. So I’m gonna try that out in 18” whenever they open up sales.
    IMG_3565.jpeg

Kind of a waste unless you get the Bart machined for the gas system castle nut or whatever. Just my opinion. Is the chassis really that novel?

The chassis is definitely ahead of most manufacturers with the incorporated Arca Rail, Semi-Monolithic Upper / Handguard, Ambidextrous controls, A5 Buffer system, Geissele Trigger..

I prefer a Adjustable Gas Block so I wouldn’t be running the Ridgeline Gas Block anyway, I'd keep the Ridgeline barrel system all together for when I want to switch back to .223

I’m kind of in the same boat. Looking at 6ARC just to try it out and see what the hype is and then I saw a video of the Noveske 6ARC coming out around Shot25 with their new DDF (disruptive deep flute) structured barrel. So I’m gonna try that out in 18” whenever they open up sales.View attachment 8511309

A lot of people complain about the price of Noveske barrels but I've always had exceptional results with thier SS Barrels, I'd probably pick up a DD or Criterion if I was going Chrome lined.

I'm always watching for deals on Noveske SS barrels, and when I find a decent deal I just order to have on hand.

Hey Guys..

I'm looking to pick another rifle but I'm running low on ideas. Precision and reliability are still the main priorities, but I'm open to any ideas and was hoping y'all may know something I don't.

Here is a list of what I already own or have already done extensive testing on, also a few I'm not interested in at all.

Right now the only Large Frame rifle I can think of that would be worth buying is the Geissele MRGG. For a Small Frame the RD-15 LPR, but if I were to buy the LPR I'd probably pull the .223 Proof Research SS barrel and install a 18" - 20" Bartlein in 6ARC.

Own / Tested

JP LRP-07 / LRI-20
    JP SCI-20

Seekins SP10 / SP10M

KAC SR25 APR 20"
    KAC SR15 16"

Every Larue rifle, Large and small Frame.

LMT MWS .308 / 6.5 Creedmoor

Hk MR762A1

Daniel Defense DD5 .308 / 6.5 Creedmoor

GAP10 / GAP15

No Goes..

Anything POF
    LWRC Reaper
    SCAR 17 / 20

Thanks,

Jake
    Jake....It would be of interest to hear your comparison of the 308 semi-auto's.... you seem to have a pretty nice collection of them.