• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Nightforce or suppressor?

dpreston

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2010
Western Pa
I've only got the coin for one right now. Either a NXS 5.5-22 Mil/Mil or a Thunder Beast arms 30P-1 suppressor.

I have a new build coming that I don't have an optic for, but I could switch one of my S&B's between two guns (that could get annoying real quick re-zeroing every time I switch). Should I get the Nightforce or go for my first suppressor?

Re: Nightforce or suppressor?

I would go with the NightForce and go shoot. I try to make shooting as trouble free as I can and remove as many variables as possible.

Supressor is a support piece, unless it is for your job. Scope on the other hand is kind of important. Consistancy is gold in my mind, but might just be me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Heltsley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would go with the NightForce and go shoot. I try to make shooting as trouble free as I can and remove as many variables as possible.

Supressor is a support piece, unless it is for your job. Scope on the other hand is kind of important. Consistancy is gold in my mind, but might just be me.
</div></div>

yup +1

Scope first. We all lived without moderators for years; and all they do is take the big out of big boom! They don't get rid of the crack and new products are coming on line almost weekly, price dropping too. Scopes don't get ever cheaper.

I would hope that a chromoly, 28oz, parkerized can would be cheaper than a Thunderbeast. Then again, I would not even mention the two as comparable.

Get the can!

If I were you, I'd get an AAC 762-SD now and while you're waiting For your form 4 to clear you could be re-fattening up the old piggy bank. By the time you got your tax stamp, you'd probably have enough saved for that new NXS.

Sure it's always a pain to switch out optics back and fourth, but once your form 4 gets back and you pick up your new NXS, the trouble will be worth it.

Either way you appear to be in pretty good shape. Good luck and congrats on the new rig.

PA